Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11952 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Any mode
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2009, 01:33:15 am »

This game is incredible. Currently waiting till payday to get the full version, but so far I've raised an army of 46 straight horsemen from the khan guys. By level 7 I managed to beat a small army that one of the lords sent after me. This is fun.

What? You already have the full version! You just played all the content in the game :P

(What is sad is that I am not really all that far off)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2009, 02:21:52 am »

No, you are not far off.

However.

You'll be missing out on - if you do not buy M&B - levels above ~8, unrestricted play time, potentially sieges, mods, large scale battles and so on and so forth. The Vanilla M&B is lacklustre at best, mods improve the game dramatically.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2009, 04:32:56 am »

No, you are not far off.

However.

You'll be missing out on - if you do not buy M&B - levels above ~8, unrestricted play time, potentially sieges, mods, large scale battles and so on and so forth. The Vanilla M&B is lacklustre at best, mods improve the game dramatically.

There are mods like Custom settlement, which makes the game a Sandbox RTT-RPG.
Or Caldaria 1257 which REALLY enchants the realism.

If only the old Gun & Thunder gets updated... I want to kill cavalries with my gnus!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2009, 04:57:35 am »

I didn't know you could kill with a message reader.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2009, 06:33:11 am »

I didn't know you could kill with a message reader.

Well perhaps she was refering to a Gnu or Wildabeast! They can DEFINATELY kill.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2009, 06:36:38 am »

See what comedic ammo a quick search on google can turn up?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2009, 06:46:18 am »

See what comedic ammo a quick search on google can turn up?

It was actually because I used to watch that cartoon "Animal Crackers"

Oddly when I think about it... eventually all cartoons are going to be alike... Except for Children's cartoons which have actually been getting worse (Honestly when Barney starts seeming more intellectual then movies for 8 year olds... something is wrong)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2009, 06:53:41 am »

M&B actually suffers from having too many good mods, it's impossible to choose  :(

There are a few really crazy ones too, like the Battlestar Galactica mod.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2009, 06:55:57 am »

Battlestar Galactica mod, last I checked, didn't have any RPG, running around fighting gameplay.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2009, 07:10:36 am »

That's what I meant with "really crazy". I question the sanity of modding a medieval warfare sim into a space fighter game.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2009, 11:05:28 am »

This game is incredible. Currently waiting till payday to get the full version, but so far I've raised an army of 46 straight horsemen from the khan guys. By level 7 I managed to beat a small army that one of the lords sent after me. This is fun.

What? You already have the full version! You just played all the content in the game :P

(What is sad is that I am not really all that far off)
I was playing around, trying to make as big an army as I could before the trial period was up. I actively avoided doing any personal killing to minimize my experience gains, and dropped every skill point I could into leadership and charisma. I think I might be able to break 50 with the right startup options.

Edit: I just broke having 50 max at level 1. This should be a fun game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:09:35 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2009, 01:51:33 pm »

fun game, but unfortuneatly very little staying power.  i still load it up every now and again when i feel like a quick cavalry battle, but mostly it gathers dust.

right before i lost interest, i had made an NPC relationship chart detailing which party members like and dislike which other party members.  I mocked it up in visio so i could drag people around and put together the most effective parties possible.  the major combinations came down to something like "evil", "good", "bourgeois", "proletariat".  i dont remember what my color coding means anymore, except that green lines are people that like each other and red lines are dislike, i think i used colored blocks to indicate who liked violence against pesants or other "evil" acts. 

the biggest parties i was able to create without any animosity were 8, but that only worked for a couple combinations.  most were 7 and some were 6, depending on what traits you wanted in the party.  i could email the .vsd somewhere if anyone had visio and was interested in it.

there are of course mods that disable NPC animosity and let you have as big of a party as you like, if you wanted to just build an uber-army and take out the roleplaying aspects.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2009, 02:46:43 pm »

It is a fun game, but fighting 300+ soldiers takes too long in sieges... if they get up that ladder your fucked...but if your too close you'll get shot down or stabbed to death.

Once tried defending a town against the nord leader (whatshisname) I didn't realize it at the time until I was in the fight... there were soo many of them.. they could have had thousands for all I know while all I had were around 150 troops. After about the 500 thousandth wave of enemies, they finally shot down my horse leaving me gang raped. In the end of the war I was a noble to a country that no longer existed and was hated by all the others...I was nothing...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2009, 06:17:28 pm »

i was curious to see if there was any kind of victory condition in the game, and im sad to say that there is not.  through horrendous cheatery and very tedious speed-battling with autokill, i can tell you that almost nothing happens if you conquer the entire map.

you get "faction eliminated" messages whenever you destroy an entire faction and all its nobles, and you get an identical kind of simple popup for "all factions eliminated" or "only one faction remains" or something like that.  no story, no splashscreen, no credits, nothing.  gameplay continues, and you can continue to fight bandits or whatever.

i didnt really expect anything better, but it just goes to show that this is less of a game and more of a sandbox.  no win condition was ever planned, and its not really economically possible to defeat all the factions without cheating anyway.  the size of the armies you would need are just too expensive to sustain, and the defense of a large territory to prohibitive.

heck, even with cheating and teleporting, i had a hard time holding onto land while i built seige equipment to take new castles and towns.

fun game, but dont expect to "win" anything.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2009, 07:23:42 pm »

fun game, but dont expect to "win" anything.
Hmmm..that reminds me of another game... but I just can't name it.. what was that game?...something about dwarfs...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12