Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11907 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Any mode
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2009, 02:52:12 am »

Anyone know which mod the ability to build the boats and all that? I'm interested in picking up pirating while the Native Expansion dev team takes a hiatus.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2009, 10:00:47 pm »

I must say , Star Wars mod, excellent. Though the rocket launcher is a tad overpowered.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2009, 11:25:24 pm »

You want to KNOW what's over powered about that mod? Get the force power weapon "Kill".

Unlimited ammo. Deal 100 damage to EVERYTHING within two metres of you.

THEY DIE.

DIE.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2009, 12:01:55 am »

So that's what it does. Huh. Seems fun but too shortranged in a battle of blasters.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2009, 01:40:05 am »

You may think that, but blaster-blasters drop like flies if you get close enough to breathe on them.  Just get yourself a nice shield, opt to fight on the ship, and watch them fall.  Oh, by the way, force kill can also block melee weapons for some reason...  Kinda cool to block a lightsaber with your FIST OF DEATH.

And you think the rocket launcher is powerful?  Dude, try the concussion rifle.  One-man siege weapon.  You just have to figure out how to use it, which is admittedly a little tricky.  The only heavy weapon I'm a little unimpressed with is the flame rifle...  Seems like an underpowered concussion rifle that's harder to aim.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2009, 03:42:40 pm »

Whoa, Kagus, is that true? I figured that since the rocket launcher was more expensive, and the damage was piercing, it'd be stronger. I never tried the concussion rifle or the flame rifle. How does it work?

Yeah, force kill is ridiculous. It's more as a placeholder before they put in more force powers though, and they were hoping that the price would offset the power. Not a good design mechanic, but it's still in beta.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2009, 02:03:58 am »

The concussion rifle is a long, pointy-barreled contraption that can hold eight shots at a time (which, incidentally, gives it more total shots than any other heavy weapon).  What it does is shoot out a perfect-accuracy shockwave that instantly travels to the target location and causes nasty lag.

When it hits the location (aim at the ground, not the enemies themselves), it ruptures the ground and kills everyone in the surrounding area.  The reason I call this a one-man siege weapon is because the effect works through walls.  Just aim at the wall right below the feet of those pesky wall guards and let 'er rip.  They'll fall off by the droves.

The tricky part about using it is that aiming a "perfect accuracy" gun is stupidly hard.  This is because the shockwave will travel straight out of the gun's barrel and completely ignore the aiming reticle.  What you have to do is zoom in to first-person and then try to aim it based on the gun's graphics.

Note that this thing can be shot regularly using the aiming reticle.  This is because it actually shoots two projectiles.  One is the AoE shockwave that kills everything it hits, and the other is an invisible 100 blunt damage projectile which is the actual shot.  The shockwave is just an effect that happens whenever you fire the gun (modding oddity).

Just note that the concussion rifle really doesn't have that great of a range, and that it will cause major lag if you attempt to fire it great distances.  The rocket launcher technically has the longest range of the heavy weapons, you just need to deal with the firing arc.

Once you get the hang of the concussion rifle, you'll be able to take on entire armies by yourself, and cripple a planet's defenses before your troops can make it up to the fortifications.  One nasty little machine right there...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]