Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Mount & Blade - Any mode  (Read 11906 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mount & Blade - Any mode
« on: February 28, 2009, 11:54:21 pm »

Just been playing the demo obsessively over the last couple of days. My game could not possibly ship fast enough, so I've been kinda seein a good early buildup that'll make me powerful ASAP. So far I think the "veteran warrior father" "noblemans court" and "a squire" will get me the best starting point. I put points into looting, weapon mastery, riding, power strike, and prisoner management for skills. Then I get my stats evened out, and put my weapon points half and half into one handed weapons and polearms. I use a club, spear, and shield (once I gather them all) and mainly fight with the spear. I thin em out and club em so I can capture and sell them all. I get alot of Rodoks in order to have spearmen and skirmishers aplenty, and the best I've made was a warband with 2 named units, and a mix of 15 trained and regular quality crossbowmen, and about 20 or so trained spearmen. Twas epic to have been attacked by 20 or so Sea Raiders (the well-armored Viking ones). It was soooooo sweet. Share pics, stories, videos, anything you got.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:56:02 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade - Native
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:17 am »

1) Fought a bunch of rebels with my army.
2) Got dogpiled.
3) Became a slave.
4) Escaped from slavery.
5) Did some odd jobs to rebuild my army.
6) Accidently found the same rebels who enslaved me before.
7) Attacked and destroyed the rebels. (I didn't learn how to take people into slavery yet)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:14:59 am »

Level 42, Warlord.

Currently in an INTENSE war with the Horse riding faction, whom name starts with a 'Kh' yet I keep forgetting. I already destroyed the Nords, and both the Swadians (Who form the entirety of my armies) and most recently the Rhodoks.)

My resources are stretched thin, but my private company of knights and misfit cast aways (The named hero characters) has brought me past Narra already. I'll be marching on their capital soon enough. After building up a big enough treasuery for my next war, I'll take down that damn northern Faction aswell.

All in due time.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:27:01 am »

I actually captured one of the enemy (read: not Nord) nobles once. I couldn't figure out what to do with him. I couldn't sell him to the slave driver.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:47:43 am »

If you've got him captured, he can't go around and build up his army and attack you with it anymore. You might get a ransom offer for him too, usually abouy ~1000 denars.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 06:38:58 am »

Khurgits is the mongol faction.
And they're the cool guys

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 07:03:11 am »

Khergits are pussy horse archers.

The Rhodoks Got balls, but the Nords got style.

Not playing native though, Prophesy of Pendor atm, KINGDOM OF RAVENSTERN REPRESENT
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 08:04:27 am »

Is it just me, or this game gets hella boring after a period? I install this game on a yearly basis, but I always uninstall it after 1-2 weeks.  :-X

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 10:55:13 am »

Is it just me, or this game gets hella boring after a period? I install this game on a yearly basis, but I always uninstall it after 1-2 weeks.  :-X
It's not just you, believe me. The mods help, but once you have played them as well, meh.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 11:55:16 am »

Well, you just have to be creative. I always imagine big, BravHeart style fights, and each fight I ride across my infantry line before going off to stab some people. Also, sieging kicks ass.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 12:00:00 pm »

Woose1: Slaver

Bio: Rides around on a horse and hits people with a wooden club.
Annual Salary: $4,364,050.93

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 12:05:15 pm »

I remeber when I was playing one of the earlier versions(.800 or something), when I got headshoted by an archer, but somehow managed to survive with a couple of hp's left. The arrow was literally sticking out of my character's head, half on the left, half on the right. It looked hilarious. I spent maybe half an hour riding through the battlefield and laughing my ass off.
Too bad that I couldn't find a way to make a screenshot back then.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 12:17:34 pm »

Quick question.

How do you cause a civil war?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 12:29:26 pm »

Quick question.

How do you cause a civil war?
Choose to serve an usurper, you can sometimes find them in courts of other kingdoms (other than the one they want to take over, that is).

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 06:28:56 pm »

If you got a good processor you can get the "Battlesize Changer" Mod that allows you to have battles with like 300 troops fighting each other.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12