Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3624044 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3390 on: August 01, 2009, 12:38:11 pm »

More magma? But yes, yes, but that belongs in the suggestions department.  More chance of being written down there.

Some people have been saying that there won't be crutches next release.  I can clearly see crutches as a list item. ???
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: August 01, 2009, 01:06:01 pm »

I've seen people say prosthetics - ie peg legs and hook hands - won't be in the next release. I haven't seen any such thing regarding crutches.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: August 01, 2009, 01:14:52 pm »

To be honest, I would rather have Dwarves with relationships that are more morphic than cast in stone FOR ETERNITY before any other kind of fix to the romantic side of the system. Give me a romantic interest that causes minor drama instead of a marriage. Give me a dwarf who starts falling in love with someone other than their partner and has to figure out what to do about it. Give me a marriage that is great at first but turns into something else down the road that forces them to choose whether they stay together or not. Give me a marriage that starts out completely political, but turns into true love down the road. Give me a bunch of dwarves having a conversation about the love-lives of the rich and powerful in their community. Give me a scenario that would never happen in the real world simply because that sort of culture isn't present.

In short, let's get relationships simulated to the Dwarf Fortress standard. :)

This. And I want widow dwarves to be able to remarry. Ooh, and polygamy.

Thursday Postal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: August 01, 2009, 01:53:02 pm »

Ooh, and polygamy.

Probably not as a dwarven standard.. It does seem pretty elfy, though.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: August 01, 2009, 02:12:09 pm »

Naah. Dwarves have 99 wives (or the other way around), Elves are just swingers.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: August 01, 2009, 02:27:28 pm »

When this tread doesn't get update for like one day my heart sinks a little and i know it won't be a good day :(
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: August 01, 2009, 02:38:39 pm »

McUrist has been estatic lately. He has been cheating on his wife with McSlut. He has enjoyed a legendary dining room.

or later on,

McUrist dies due to the heat.
McWife has been estatic lately. She pushed McUrist into magma. She caught McUrist cheating.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: August 01, 2009, 02:44:37 pm »

It wound't be very dwarfy though, in most lore dwarves are regarded as being very hard to befriend, but being incredibly steadfast in any relationships, and tend to deeply dislike cheating and polygamy. No, i don't want a bunch of mormon dwarves. This should be very common among goblins though, along with rape and torture.
Elves are just swingers, which would explain why they breed so goddamn fast, and humans could be anything depending on the worldgen.

I myself would love to massacre a mormon human town, one crazy wife at a time.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: August 01, 2009, 02:58:30 pm »

And in most lore, Elves aren't cannibals.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Thursday Postal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: August 01, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »

Elves are just swingers,

More like that, yeah

When this tread doesn't get update for like one day my heart sinks a little and i know it won't be a good day :(

Chin up. It'll be better! They're doing that podcast soon, so maybe he's busy with that.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: August 01, 2009, 04:11:24 pm »

It wound't be very dwarfy though, in most lore dwarves are regarded as being very hard to befriend, but being incredibly steadfast in any relationships, and tend to deeply dislike cheating and polygamy. No, i don't want a bunch of mormon dwarves. This should be very common among goblins though, along with rape and torture.
Elves are just swingers, which would explain why they breed so goddamn fast, and humans could be anything depending on the worldgen.

I myself would love to massacre a mormon human town, one crazy wife at a time.

Mormons might be an "acceptable target", but can we can the religious bigotry here? I don't think joking about "massacring" a religious group is a very smart idea here.

And for the record, aside from the polygamy (and I'm not even sure the mainstream LDS church does that anymore... pretty sure they don't), your description of dwarves actually sort of DOES fit Mormons, I would think.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:46 pm »

Mormons might be an "acceptable target", but can we can the religious bigotry here? I don't think joking about "massacring" a religious group is a very smart idea here.

And for the record, aside from the polygamy (and I'm not even sure the mainstream LDS church does that anymore... pretty sure they don't), your description of dwarves actually sort of DOES fit Mormons, I would think.
No, the mainstream LDS church doesn't support polygamy.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: August 01, 2009, 05:21:06 pm »

Toady, as you've mentioned in the August update, many of the development sections have had a lot of work put into them. Would you roughly say that you've gotten to or passed some kind of "half-way" point?

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: August 01, 2009, 06:34:25 pm »

He used to use a number system, but it became discouraging as he'd either go through 50 or 1 number per day.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: August 01, 2009, 06:45:26 pm »

Judging solely by the colours on The List, Toady is over half-way done. At least, more than half the entries are green. This isn't really considering the size of each entry, though.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1065