Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3623994 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3405 on: August 01, 2009, 10:36:59 pm »

Also, some of the stuff he did before the list came around might not even be on it. In fact, I'm almost certain they aren't, because the list started out all-white.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: August 01, 2009, 10:46:27 pm »

Judging solely by the colours on The List, Toady is over half-way done. At least, more than half the entries are green. This isn't really considering the size of each entry, though.

It looks like the harder stuff are green, but I'm not a good judge of what stuff is hard to program and what is not. I'd assume the health care ones won't be too big a deal, just changing some behaviors, I suppose. I'm so looking forward to the next release. Wrinkles!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:05 pm »

Judging solely by the colours on The List, Toady is over half-way done. At least, more than half the entries are green. This isn't really considering the size of each entry, though.

It looks like the harder stuff are green, but I'm not a good judge of what stuff is hard to program and what is not. I'd assume the health care ones won't be too big a deal, just changing some behaviors, I suppose. I'm so looking forward to the next release. Wrinkles!

Just remember... coding is 10% writing and 90% debugging.  I imaging there's still a ton of work putting the game back into a playable state, even if all the pieces are all tested and working.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: August 02, 2009, 12:24:53 am »

Debugging in anything that isn't glaringly obvious/lethal-to-computers on a basic runthrough is actually more our job description. I expect at least the first two months after this release will be bug-fixing.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: August 02, 2009, 03:04:19 am »

Toady usually tries to test and debug as he goes, if you read the devlogs. However, some interesting ones always sneak through. Like the sleeping dwarf sickness.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: August 02, 2009, 03:07:13 am »

And carp.   ::)

It still amuses me that Toady accidentally giving carp a default bite attack is what started all the carp horror stories and ended up making the game that much more fun.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: August 02, 2009, 07:17:02 am »

Elves are just swingers,

More like that, yeah

When this tread doesn't get update for like one day my heart sinks a little and i know it won't be a good day :(

Chin up. It'll be better! They're doing that podcast soon, so maybe he's busy with that.

I'm hard of hearing and so I wouldn't get much of what they are saying on the podcast. Unless you managed to add captions.

So, Toady, could you make a way for hard of hearing/deaf players of DF be able to know what went on during the podcast? please? :)

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: August 02, 2009, 08:31:06 am »

Speaking of the Podcast when will it be released.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: August 02, 2009, 08:34:39 am »

Elves are just swingers,

More like that, yeah

When this tread doesn't get update for like one day my heart sinks a little and i know it won't be a good day :(

Chin up. It'll be better! They're doing that podcast soon, so maybe he's busy with that.

I'm hard of hearing and so I wouldn't get much of what they are saying on the podcast. Unless you managed to add captions.

So, Toady, could you make a way for hard of hearing/deaf players of DF be able to know what went on during the podcast? please? :)

You mean like subtitles or something?
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: August 02, 2009, 08:35:59 am »

Elves are just swingers,

More like that, yeah

You mean like subtitles or something?

Or a transcript or something, but yea you get the idea.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: August 02, 2009, 12:45:27 pm »

Speaking of the Podcast when will it be released.

I believe when the area around where Toady lives stops being on fire.

Thursday Postal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: August 02, 2009, 12:54:37 pm »

Go to the podcast thread and suggest that, it's a reasonable thing to ask.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3417 on: August 02, 2009, 01:42:16 pm »

I had a dwarven hero try to kill a bronze colossus seven times, and each time he lost (including one time where he got boxed in the ear). After the third duel, he began worshipping his enemy, which is appropriate for these changes, I think.

from the latest devnotes..... so after fighting and losing 3 times, he starts worshipping his enemy.... then carries on to fight another four times? that's some dedication to a goal right there.

Urist McAxedorf has been sad lately, he was forced to attack his idol lately.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: August 02, 2009, 01:48:03 pm »

^^^ Haha yeah, I was wondering about that too.  It's excellent to hear that megabeasts will make it through world gen now, though.

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: August 02, 2009, 02:00:55 pm »

I had a dwarven hero try to kill a bronze colossus seven times, and each time he lost (including one time where he got boxed in the ear). After the third duel, he began worshipping his enemy, which is appropriate for these changes, I think.

from the latest devnotes..... so after fighting and losing 3 times, he starts worshipping his enemy.... then carries on to fight another four times? that's some dedication to a goal right there.

Urist McAxedorf has been sad lately, he was forced to attack his idol lately.

Kind of reminds me of the "Eleanor" mustangs from the Gone in 60 Seconds movies..   you can have respect for that thing which evades you.

Pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1065