Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191587 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Yeah, sure.  But first lemme show you something fun you can do with it:

I present to you, the Zombie Defense mini-game!

Simply set up a few rows with tunnels, stick a soldier of your choice in each tunnel, and defend your brain for as long as you can!

I used heavy coalition soldiers with M16s and Glocks.  I would recommend tossing in light diggers as well (can clean up rubble and gore, but won't damage bunker walls.  Also good for a close-range gibbing), and if I were to do it over again I'd use DEagles instead of Glocks.

Here's what I've written:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go int Missions.rte, find the Activities.ini file, scroll down until you reach the vanilla skirmish defense game mode, and replace it with this (make a backup beforehand, of course).

Also, I need to work with the skeletons a bit more...  They easily bring down the most defenders (and defenses), just by getting shot and blowing up with all those stick grenades.  There's nothing you can do when a skeleton hops down right in front of you and you're hemmed in on both sides by drop crates.  Maybe I should change them to pineapple grenades or something...

A really cool thing would be to use brain units and play a variation of this with four players.  But there'd have to be some changes, otherwise people would basically just have to "wait their turn" to shoot some zombies.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

The game gives me an error message at line 39 of the activities file...

Edit: after purging and retrying, it couldn't match line 38.
Is it because of the spaces?

Well, figured it out: the forum uses three spaces once a tab is used and tabs are all important

let me put up the code and pray it works.
Code: [Select]
AddActivity = GABaseDefense
PresetName = Skirmish Defense
SceneName = Grasslands
TeamCount = 2
PlayerCount = 1
TeamOfPlayer1 = 0
TeamOfPlayer2 = 1
FundsOfTeam1 = 15000
FundsOfTeam2 = 5000
CPUTeam = 1
Difficulty = 3
SpawnIntervalEasiest = 20000
SpawnIntervalHardest = 1000

//Ronin

AddAttackerSpawn = ACRocket
CopyOf = Crate
AddInventory = AHuman
CopyOf = Zombie Medium
AddInventory = HDFirearm
  CopyOf = Rifle Long
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = Shovel

CopyOf = Crate
AddInventory = AHuman
CopyOf = Zombie Thin
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = Rifle Long
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = Shovel

CopyOf = Crate
AddInventory = AHuman
CopyOf = Zombie Fat
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = TommyGun
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = Shovel

CopyOf = Crate
AddInventory = AHuman
CopyOf = Skeleton
AddInventory = TDExplosive
CopyOf = Stick Grenade
CopyOf = Stick Grenade
CopyOf = Stick Grenade
CopyOf = Stick Grenade
CopyOf = Stick Grenade
CopyOf = Stick Grenade
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = Luger
AddInventory = HDFirearm
CopyOf = Shovel
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:03:15 pm by chaoticag »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Was just gonna try to help, but my connection's being a bit uncooperative right now.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, that trail expiration thingy is annoying. Just when you get into it...and not being ables to save your awesome bunker layout sucks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Aye, it is a bit nasty.  Bumping it a bit with the edit command helps extend the pleasure, but there will come a time when you forget to punch it in time.

You could try binding it to a key through the console, but I don't know if that works.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, could you elaborate?  :-*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Duke 2.0 was kind enough to find and post some console commands a couple pages back.  Should be relatively self-explanatory, but if you've got a question just ask:

Some useful Lua commands:

First, ingame press the ~ key to bring down the console. Then enter these nifty commands:

Money: ActivityMan:GetActivity():SetTeamFunds(100000,0)
 Set the zero at the end to 1 if you want green to get the money.

Editing: ActivityMan:GetActivity().ActivityState = Activity.EDITING
 Sets the game to editing mode. Also resets the timer.

Control: for actor in MovableMan.Actors do actor.Team = 0 end
 Turns every actor in the scene to the desired team. Can cause crashes if you change units you have placed in editing mode to the enemy team and try to attack them.

Let me tell you, these things are great with more expensive mods.

I'm partial to the whole 'fill a crate with ten pineapples and let it drop!" school of bombardment.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. I got the funds one working, and I think I was entering the other one wrong.

Are there any mods that work with the demo with the latest build...say, ones that add slightly shorter soldiers/ vehicles?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT WE HAVE AN EDIT BUTTON FINALLY! Also, I got both codes to work. If you hit the up key while in the console-thingy, it enters the previous code. So you can enter ActivityMan:GetActivity().ActivityState = Activity.EDITING, enter it, and then three minutes later just ~, Up, enter.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:36:57 pm by Glacies »

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

All mods work with the demo, you just have to convert them

To answer a few questions:
1) There is no actor editor, you create actors through .inis.
2) To make scenes you edit .bmps and .inis you don't use the in game editor.
3) The editors that come with the game are:
  • Scene Editor: Allows you to place bunker modules in already existing scenes and save the bunkers
  • Actor Viewer: Allows you to view actors and the ways them move/do other actions
  • Gib Editor: Lets you manually place actor "gibs" (Stuff actors make when the die) instead of writing coordinates in the inis (Currently broken)
  • Area Editor: Lets you place special "areas" that use Lua, works in campaign only

Mods I recommend:
DarkStrom
Emporeans
Bear Federation
The KloneKannon Made by me

Sorry if this is some kind of bump thing...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

You provided very relevent information, you did not bump soldier.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Aye, it is a bit nasty.  Bumping it a bit with the edit command helps extend the pleasure, but there will come a time when you forget to punch it in time.

You could try binding it to a key through the console, but I don't know if that works.
Or, you could...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Using a game extention method isn't breaking the law, unless it says so on the contract.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

Using a game extention method isn't breaking the law, unless it says so on the contract.
Well, I have yet to see a game where it's NOT...  Plus, this is an indie game...
Not paying for it when you should is like not donating to Toady!  The horror!
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Well, to be fair, the game is a lot less polished (or finished) than DF is. It relies on mods completely, and barely has enough interesting stuff to last on its own. Its interface is in much more dire need of reworking than DF's, and that's saying much. In addition to all that, the authors of the game quite clearly don't intend to expand it in any significant way. All they did recently was add a lua scripting engine (again, for modders) and sticky particles. It's just fair that we would want to extend our free play (which isn't actually limited, you get 6 minutes per session, not overall), and pay them - or donate, as would be the case if the game was free like DF - if we find it good enough.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Well, playing the game with a gamepad makes it easier to play to a certain extent. Shopping becomes harder though, but is offset by the fact that I was able to kill a dummy by slamming my armless legless torso into him after barrel rolling twice to dodge his shots at me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79