Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191598 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

66% done!

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

It should be done in 2014.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game is great, but only problem is you have to mod or edit nearly everything to get satisfied results...and in end it's still kinda a one man army feel. In order to make the dropships not crash into each other, killing the contents inside making it too easy, I had to edit files to make them lighter... of coarse I screw that up at first making them drop like anvils LOL that was a good round.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:44:56 pm by knightedskull »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The best part of this game is the mods.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Would someone care to explain to me why I am downloading at 5.2Kb/sec???

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

I downloaded it at 14.5 kb a second.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

It's because everybody is downloading it, apparently.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

There's a mirror on the forums.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, the new version is awesome so far. There's a rocket propelled chainsaw I'm virtually positive wasn't there before.

The new scripting features are going to spawn incredible mods, too. The missions are pretty awesome as well, especially if you play them legit. The dummy assault one is very tricky with one browncoat and the rest of the Oz worth of weaponry.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Yeah, the RPC-17 is new.  And boy howdy is it FUN.  Both in the standard sense and the DF sense.

Nothing quite like having a chainsaw ricochet off some grass three feet in front of you and then spinning back around to take the head off the dude who just shot the thing.

Same goes for trying to fire a homing rocket long-range and having it turn on the rocketeer.

But I've gotta say, that foam sprayer is AWESOME.  I mean, it's just damned cool.  I wonder if it actually works on putting out fires...  Hmmm...  I'll have to try that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Well, it sure does cover them. I suppose that is what such things are supposed to do, smother fires.

I am also disappointed their community did not yet make some cool little toy with the new features. They have been doing that before the version was released, and I want my gun  that shoots gravity!

And by that I mean bullets that can kill gravity.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

ON the missions where you have to either load a chip back on a ship or tae your brain and escape, how the hell do you do that?

I have brought landers down and i cant find any commands to load onto it.

I have brought the brain to the 'escape' point, and nothing happens. I bring down a lander and i cant get on.

What am i missing? I tried to find some tutorial or help on the site and forums, i found nothing. Anyone?
I got nothing

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

If you take command of a dropship (or rocket, but I really wouldn't recommend trying that...) and open the bay doors, you will start sucking stuff up.  With some careful flying, you can vacuum your brain unit, the dude carrying the chip, or even the chip itself (under certain circumstances).

If you eject something when opening the doors, it won't work.  One-way only.  Just close and then open them again.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow, lots of the weapons seem to be pretty massively nerfed in this version.  ammo capacity down, rate of fire down, reload time up.  ranges feel like theyre lower on things like the sniper rifle and various canons, but its hard to be sure.

my gut feeling is that its better ballanced than it was, back when the minigun dominated the game in the last version.  i like the little quirks like waiting for the barrels to cycle up to speed, as it puts some tactics and timing into how you use the weapon.  but overall many of the weapons seem to have been reduced to comedy or novelty value.

has anyone noticed that it seems to be easier to be disarmed now?  or for dropped weapons to be destroyed?  it might depend on the size of the weapon you are using, or even be weapon specific.  i seem to have most of my "repeaters" knocked out of my hands, but "diggers" seem to be easier to hold onto.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I also noticed that I seemed to be losing my guns rather often...  But I've had a lot of people crashing into me lately, so that might have been it.  And it's been a long time since I played.

I have to say that I really like the new sound for the Tommygun though.  And yes, a few of the other weapons seem a bit nerfed...  What's really a shame is that the brand new RPC-17 is practically worthless unless you're using it against Ronin, who die to pretty much anything.

Speaking of which, what's with the naming and varying costs of the Ronin?  And they don't *actually* have different stats, do they?

Oh, by the way, you HAVE to fight the mother crab with a revolver cannon (did the shots explode before?  I don't remember them doing that...  I want my dead projectiles back.  Also, what's with the reduced magazine?).  That just makes things into an utterly awesome boss fight.  You can also use the pushy-gun to keep her spinning up in the air for quite some time, but that doesn't really do a whole lot of damage.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 79