Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191579 times)

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, I can't stand the gamepad, I'll be pushing the stick towards an enemy, and he'll be aiming right over their head, the mouse feels a lot more precise.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I tried out some mods. I have to say the church one is my favorite because I don't get 10 pages of gibs added to my buy menu and the content isn't unbalanced.

On the other hand, I love the "sand pass" map even thought the AI can't land ships on it for some reason. But it's great for sniping, and human vs. human play.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile

I've tried the demo and it's amazing.  I love blasting the engine off a dropship with my heavy sniper rifle and watching it spin out of control, then watching as the debris goes whizzing all over causing even more damage.  All the bloom in the world in modern mainstream action games doesn't hold a candle to this.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

A mouse may be more precise, but my laptop doesn't have one. I'm also just used to controllers in general.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

^^^ I just use my Thinkpad clitmouse and that works pretty well.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Nor does it have a clitmouse, I'm more or less playing with my ps3 controller here.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, does anyone know how to raise the spawning rate? I'd like to be able to fend off absolute hordes of coalition soldiers.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Play around with the configuration file for it, which is located under Missions.rte in the Activities file. I think the default variable is:
Code: [Select]
SpawnIntervalHardest = 8000 Now I think this effects only the hardest mode, possibly the medium mode because there is no medium variable and it must be defined as halfway between hard and easy. Easy is defined as well.

Hmm, time to test some things.

e: Gwahaha!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:37:37 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

So, does anyone know how to raise the spawning rate? I'd like to be able to fend off absolute hordes of coalition soldiers.

Yeah.  Open \Missions.rte\Activities.ini and find "SpawnIntervalHardest" -- it's a time in milliseconds.  So if you want them to drop in every 4 seconds (at Death difficulty), set it to 4000.

e: bah.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So 1000 is da swarm?

EDIT:I...woah..uhm...wow.

IT'S OVER 9000! *BLAM* Arglere.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:41:39 am by Glacies »

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Bump for epic, Build 23 is out! (New maps, Lua in scrimish and more)
http://www.datarealms.com/devlog/

Hope I don't get banned for this... <.<

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Heh, I just checked it yesterday and it wasn't. Cool. Lua in skirmish is especially great - now all sorts of humongous stuff can be done!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

*Spits out coffee*

Egads! This is more shocking than DF updating! Because, you know, it's taken forever.

I fully expect the modding community of their forums to step up and make their next version promises, including their version of borgly borgles.

Except their version of borgly borgles are guns that shoot gravity.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

AWESOMESAUCE I FINALLY W00TT.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

Nope, you're member 31...