Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1666238 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #5910 on: June 27, 2011, 09:53:53 pm »

Speed enhancement effects (aside from those that just enhance movement speed, like swiftness and boots of running) don't stack. You probably get the best bonus available to you from any effect you have on, but I'm not sure. If you have Haste and Finesse on at the same time, you'll definitely move faster as if you just had Finesse, but you won't hit any faster.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:12 pm »

Ahh that makes sense, thanks. Good to know. At least nothing will be outrunning me any time soon. And it feels good to get my revenge on these damned hydras who always lair-block my fighters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: June 27, 2011, 10:19:47 pm »

Also, as a general rule for future crawl spoilage, this. Not the wiki, or the wiki as your second source. At the very least, check both against each other, and be aware that the bot's a lot more likely to be accurate if the two are disagreeing.

This is especially true if you're running dev builds.

Alternately, code dive :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:48 pm »

Oh wow, that site is really awesome. Kind of what I've always needed. Thanks!!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: June 28, 2011, 01:01:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT, GAME!?

I would've loved to see that with my Vampire Necromancer who could've probably dispelled the figurative crap out of that skeleton. Too bad I got an imp horde instead (=two imps who decided to gangbang me in a tunnel with their Orc Priest friend).
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: June 28, 2011, 01:53:12 pm »

Does anyone now if the August tournament will be played with 0.9?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: June 28, 2011, 02:00:38 pm »

According to people on IRC, it will be.

In other news, I was really pissed off yesterday.

I was playing a spriggan enchanter of nemelex, and things were going fine. I was swimming in decks, and used a few Helix cards from legendary decks of wonder to give myself a few good mutations.

First problem: I was just drawing every card from a deck of wonder so I wouldn't miss any. Turned out something like four of them were Focus cards (these take one point from your weakest stat and give it to the strongest), leaving me with something like 3 or 4 natural Strength.

Second problem: On the next deck, I decided to play it smart. I used Draw Three (you take three out, pick which one you want, and discard the other two) to avoid bad cards, then used Draw Three again... except at that point, apparently there was only one card left in the deck.

It was Shuffle. It switched my dex and str scores. So I was left with like 3 natural dexterity and a whole bunch of completely useless strength. On a stealth character.

I then tried to scum for more wonder decks, but after getting two without more Shuffle cards, I decided to stop caring and wound up dying.

Moral of the story: Be careful with your damn decks!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: June 29, 2011, 02:32:57 am »

Was playing Kobold stalker just the other day. Went quite well, but then something (I think it was a two-headed ogre) molested him. Evaporate failed one time too many in a row.

Screw it, I'm going to try Kobold berserker. Hey, this is going nice! Take this! And this! And... wait a minute, is that my ghost from earlier today?

*BANG*

Oh man, mephitic cloud. A few lucky hits I got halved the ghost's HP, I might even make it...

*BANG*

Another one... and HP's whittling of rapidly...

*BANG*

Ain't going too well... what? No longer confused? Fear my berserk!

*BANG*

At this point I started regretting stacking that many confusion potions... (EDIT: I just learned that evaporate gets turned to mephitic cloud upon the character's ghostification)

*BANG*

And at this point I died.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:36:50 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: June 29, 2011, 03:14:34 am »

FUCKIN' CRAWL! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Lost my best character yet. Got to late lair, got a bit scared of all the elephants. Let's check the wiki for information on the branches I found. Apparently Shoals don't have hiding places and have enemies that have advantages in water. I'd rather not... Slime Pits are the uber-hard branch. Even I know that. Don't need wiki for that. Sooo...Swamp is the poison branch I keep hearing about? Heard that it's easy as hell if you have poison resistance. But I don't. Meh. Let's just do Orc. What the hell? The level is one small room? and this one too? And this one? And this one? Oh, finally, this level is actually normal-sized. Orc warrior *sticky flame* Meh, easy. Wizard and cleric *fireball OHKO* meh, easy. What is this? Uber-wizard? It shouldn't be too tou-OH GOD DEMONS EVERYWHERE! OUT OF TELEPORT! FUUUUUUUUUUUU-! QUICK, POTION OF SPEED! RUN, RUN, RU-
 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: June 29, 2011, 03:21:26 am »

I guess I'll resume my Vampiric Wizardry, it's easy and effective.

By the way, does leaving (voluntarily, by transgression or by forgetting) a non-good god always result in penance?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:35:46 am by Kay12 »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: June 29, 2011, 03:39:54 am »

What is this? Uber-wizard? It shouldn't be too tou-OH GOD DEMONS EVERYWHERE! OUT OF TELEPORT! FUUUUUUUUUUUU-! QUICK, POTION OF SPEED! RUN, RUN, RU-
 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Don't do branch endings unless you're prepared for them, or at least be extremely careful about it.

By the way, does leaving (voluntarily, by transgression or by forgetting) a non-good god always result in penance?

Transgression usually doesn't result in excommunication. At any rate, most gods have retribution on abandonment, yes. I think all of them do except good gods, which also do if you switch to an evil god. Zin might have wrath regardless of that, in which case you can just switch from Zin to TSO (or whatever) and then to someone else, maybe. Check the learndb for details.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 29, 2011, 03:56:20 am »

Seems a bit funny that a god'll get really pissed off at mere ineptness. Consider the wrath of Sif Muna if you don't study magic at all! Couldn't that all be used to bother some bersekers?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 29, 2011, 10:54:13 am »

Screw it, I'm going to try Kobold berserker. Hey, this is going nice! Take this! And this! And... wait a minute, is that my ghost from earlier today?

I really, really hate ghosts with mephitic cloud. They just spray that crap everywhere and then tickle your beating heart until it stills (or whatever ghosts do). I always get unlucky and run into a small creature while running away from them, and get stuck in a corridor trying to cut them down and escape. But each swipe brings the ghost closer.. and closer.. and then I eat a cloud.

FUCKIN' CRAWL! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Yeah I always seem to get unlucky with the Orcish Mines as well, with a straight drop down to the bottom level and some tough orcs just waiting down there by the stairs. It can help to use magic mapping scroll in those situations, and either controlled teleport or get lucky with a teleport, or dig your way to one of the other sides for experience. Though.. this may end badly, if you can't get back out without having to walk through the bottom.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 29, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »

Seems a bit funny that a god'll get really pissed off at mere ineptness. Consider the wrath of Sif Muna if you don't study magic at all! Couldn't that all be used to bother some bersekers?
I have a feeling that Gods are only allowed to directly punish (ie, without one of their worshippers asking them to) those who have agreed to follow them... or something.  The only exception to this seems to be Beogh who can smite you for smashing his statues.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 29, 2011, 01:14:19 pm »

Er, gods don't punish for ineptitude, they punish for bad conduct.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 990