Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070485 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28275 on: July 25, 2016, 07:24:42 am »

Yeah but 'would I snap and be a loud shouty liability to everyone around me' is not an idea I wanna confront.
It's why every war show has the hardass protagonist, so that you can look through his eyes at the pitiful pansies.

Spoiler: Eps 13-ish (click to show/hide)

The whole thing is basically groundhog day with the caveat that you've gotta have a messy end. The fact that he hasn't yet figured that out and decided to start improving is what is bugging me.
He needs RnR? Fine, take it! Take a month! (Albeit 3 days at a time). Go sit on a beach. Then go learn to not be a pussy.

If you want that, there's a fanfic out there that substitutes him with post-Zero Requiem Lelouch. Half his deaths so far have been suicides intended to help game the system of the loops.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28276 on: July 26, 2016, 02:19:30 am »

Just finished ERASED / The Town Without Me / Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. The premise was excellent, the cinematography was brilliant, and The Feels I got while watching it gave me the last kick in the arse I needed to get in contact with one of my old friends, which I've been dragging my feet on (Sidenote: it went unexpectedly great, and we're going to a festival this weekend! Yay for Anime?)

Mushishi is still super good.
Just wanted to say that.
Any anime that starts with a calm, light instrumental song is really something that stands out anyway, I could listen to that song (It's called The Sore Feet Song, by the way) for hours.

I just started watching this one in my Serious slot, after finishing up ERASED. Only 2 episodes in, but it's got an excellent mix of creepy and meditative and bittersweet going on. Sidenote 2; I just learned enough basic Japanese to realize the title is a portmanteau/play on words, "Ishi" being a word for Doctor. I think I'mma like this one too, and yeah that intro song is amazing. I recognize it from somewhere, but maybe I just heard it on TV during it's original airtime or something? My Mom was always way into Anime too, and I think she used to watch it. ><;

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28277 on: July 26, 2016, 08:27:43 am »

Really loving Mob Psycho 100. ONE just has a special talent for overpowered, lackadaisical main characters. The art and animation is pretty fantastic, in a loose and rough way.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:29:20 am by JoshuaFH »

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28278 on: July 26, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »

Just finished Zankyou No Terror and I did enjoyed it. It's like Fringe + atomic bomb trauma + terrorists.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28279 on: July 26, 2016, 08:27:20 pm »

Really loving Mob Psycho 100.
Agreed.

Also, for when Shokugeki no Soma gets too Ham for me, I've found Sweetness & Lightning to be a hella cute cooking anime.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28280 on: July 26, 2016, 08:30:38 pm »

Liking 91 Days.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28281 on: July 26, 2016, 10:14:22 pm »

Spoiler: Toradora episode 9-11 (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28282 on: July 26, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »

Liking 91 Days.
I always appreciate Italian names in a Japanese accent
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28283 on: July 27, 2016, 07:05:55 am »

Just finished Zankyou No Terror and I did enjoyed it. It's like Fringe + atomic bomb trauma + terrorists.

I watched that about a month ago.

I feel overall it was good but;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What blew me away was the hacking scenes not being Hollywood garbage, I was floored; A complete 180 from the usual CSI crap of writing GUIs in Visual Basic.

It's almost like you can do research on things when making media, and that it doesn't somehow make a casual audience throw themselves off the banister when they witness proper details.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28284 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:14 am »

Right now I'm watching the airing 'net anime Planetarian (5 episodes, 15 minutes per episode). It's based on a visual novel by Key, and is similar to stuff like Eve no Jikan, Plastic Memories, and Kowarekake no Orgel. Worth a look if you like any of those, or other Key stuff.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28285 on: July 27, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »

So... Why should I keep watching Spice and Wolf?
I'm in Ep.7, almost bored to death, wanting to drop it. I like the forgotten god idea, and the medieval economics thing is interesting to watch and understand, but that's about it.  I need depth to keep going, not 2.5D or square characters (I'm not refering to the animation ofc).

About Zankyou no Terror, Hawkfrost you really did touch the wound of it... I do agree.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28286 on: July 27, 2016, 09:40:56 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28287 on: July 28, 2016, 02:43:46 am »

So... Why should I keep watching Spice and Wolf?
I'm in Ep.7, almost bored to death, wanting to drop it. I like the forgotten god idea, and the medieval economics thing is interesting to watch and understand, but that's about it.  I need depth to keep going, not 2.5D or square characters (I'm not refering to the animation ofc).

A plot does emerge (in episode 8, in fact), but if you haven't found it super interesting so far I don't know if you would care by that point.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28288 on: July 28, 2016, 08:37:30 am »

Bleach 684: Just as pla- WHAT

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28289 on: July 28, 2016, 08:39:39 am »

Bleach 684: Just as pla- WHAT
Gee yeah 684 was a doozy but do you remember 528?  almost as good as episode twenty thousand three hundred forty five
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 2193