Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070126 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28290 on: July 28, 2016, 08:48:51 am »

Bleach 684: Just as pla- WHAT
Gee yeah 684 was a doozy but do you remember 528?  almost as good as episode twenty thousand three hundred forty five

It's pretty hilarious than you can literally watch 30 one cour anime series in  the time it takes to watch Bleach.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28291 on: July 28, 2016, 09:36:59 am »

Well, there's not a manga thread, it had an anime, it might end up getting a Brotherhood type treatment to finish it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28292 on: July 28, 2016, 10:03:51 am »

Or do what Naruto does, jam it with fillers upon fillers. 
There is also the DBZ style filler.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28293 on: July 28, 2016, 10:57:08 am »

Well, they will have the series completed now so they can get a lot out of the god knows how many since the anime ended, I wouldn't care but there are some things that I want to see, yes, I know, it's stupid but dammit it's been so long since I started reading this crap!

Also watched ep 12 of GuP earlier, of all the things to get the eyes misty it winds up being a tiny little smile from big sis? The missus said "it's like A League of Their Own... with tanks" so, there's that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28294 on: July 28, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28295 on: July 28, 2016, 06:07:15 pm »

I watched most of Ghost in the Shell lately, and I only really realised how good it is after I had watched 20 minutes of people talking around a table and wasn't bored or disappointed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28296 on: July 28, 2016, 07:08:37 pm »

Yeah, I really enjoy when Adult Swim starts doing the GitS:SAC/2nd Gig rotations, and I want Kuze's body. Literally.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28297 on: July 28, 2016, 07:29:48 pm »

BFEL watched Yuki Yuna is a hero and now we're arguing over who was the Heroest in the series.

Also, what anime has the best Aesthetics? I'd vote for Yuyuyu, but I'm biased.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28298 on: July 28, 2016, 07:35:39 pm »

Also, what anime has the best Aesthetics?
That's not subjective at all
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28299 on: July 28, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »

Also, what anime has the best Aesthetics?
That's not subjective at all
What does the legendary orange weeb prefer aesthetics wise?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28300 on: July 28, 2016, 08:16:23 pm »

I would love to see more anime with the visual style of Katanagatari, and less anime with the hollow feeling ending of Katanagatari.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28301 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:02 pm »

I loved the artstyle of Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls. Unfortunately, the show itself is mostly complete shit. Then again, if you're going to watch a mindless boobie anime then it might as well be one with standout art direction.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28302 on: July 28, 2016, 08:32:44 pm »

My favourite aesthetics would probably be the those of the original Bakemonogatari. Lots of empty scenes and missing key frames because they couldn't afford to finish it. I think it contributed more to the overall tone of the show than having everything animated, and the result was quite off-putting, especially coupled with Shaft's already unusual style.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28303 on: July 28, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »

The missing keyframes probably had nothing to do with being "unable to afford it". SHAFT were very prolific at the time, they have a large number of successful series from that period and basically zero flops. Which is highlighted by the fact that they were able to make sequels for everything they produced in the three years leading up to Bakemonogatari in 2009.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:03:43 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28304 on: July 28, 2016, 09:01:54 pm »

Well once again I am stuck with all my animes have ended or are on haitus...

I still am terrified of watching Legend of Galactic Heroes due to its snail pacing as well as my own odd repulsion against watching things I know are good from recommendation.

And for Kindaichi World's Worst Detective... I want to restart my counter on how much of a terrible detective he is... and I deleted my last count... OPPS!

And then there is Vanguard but that anime kind of burns me in two ways. 1) It drops themes and important plot points like they don't matter and 2) It always starts a season sooo slooooow. I might have to give up on it.
-The show is odd because it is better then it has any right to be... and it breaks the usual rules anime creates... but by the same merit it also reminds you exactly why those rules are in place. I will always highly respect the ending of Vanguard's first season and remember that the first season had flat out the best card battle I've seen in any anime.

Then there is Buddyfight but... it kind of went into total "Buy all our toys!" mode.

It is funny... ALL the seasons and spin offs of Yu-Gi-Oh are better then any of the card game shows. So remember if you don't like a season, it is still better then the alternatives.

I need something new to watch.

---

I will say... Anime had probably the highest density of works where the characters are completely disinterested in their own dang storyline.

The worst I've personally watched is Mermaid Melody's second season. A all powerful villain is harassing them and they only get away due to luck, but HOLY COW do they just not care.

It is kind of a give and take... What does it do better then ANY other anime in existence? Remember who the dang main character is after a season has passed. She is JUST as strong and capable of pulling crazy powers out of her butt as she was in the first season (Unlike say Bleach... where Ichigo gets depowered every... single... time).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:06:24 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 ... 2193