Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1882 1883 [1884] 1885 1886 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070495 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28245 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:32 pm »

So Bleach is ending soon apparently

Frankly I am astonished it wasn't over even longer ago.

When they reach levels of power to the extent where the laws of metaphysics no longer applies to them... AND THEN GO "No no no... Lets get to a level even above that" then yeah good time to end the series.

Bleach is the kind of anime that if it was a videogame... You defeat the final world ending boss and it immediately halfs your levels and goes "Ohh sorry, this is the REAL final boss. Go kill him"

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #28246 on: July 21, 2016, 08:47:29 pm »

I gotta echo the comments, y u no Tesla?
Keep our fingers crossed for season 2
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28247 on: July 21, 2016, 09:15:10 pm »

So Bleach is ending soon apparently

Frankly I am astonished it wasn't over even longer ago.
I honestly thought it was. Maybe I got it confused with Naruto or heard that it was ending SoonTM.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28248 on: July 21, 2016, 09:34:54 pm »

Current theory is that Kubo got an ultimatum and had to wrap it up.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28249 on: July 21, 2016, 09:50:21 pm »

Spoiler: Evangelion Episode 2 (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28250 on: July 21, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »

I honestly thought it was. Maybe I got it confused with Naruto or heard that it was ending SoonTM.
Naruto has an ending???
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28251 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:29 pm »

It had something of a pause before the sequel started, at least.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28252 on: July 21, 2016, 11:25:24 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28253 on: July 22, 2016, 03:09:31 am »

That will be fun.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28254 on: July 22, 2016, 03:57:57 am »

Weeeeell, 2016 brings yet another run at making a Robotech movie.

Director this time is James Wan, and he's at least mentioned "Macross Saga". The article seems to think this is a nod to Macross, but it isn't really. The ship was still called Macross in the dub, and the home video release label that story arc the "Macross Saga". Outside of that context I don't think they actually have the rights to the term "Macross" itself. That term never got mentioned in the Robotech Sentinels movie at all. James Wan highlights the character interactions as the key thing, but omitted any mention of the alien Zentraedi or transforming mecha. This is an important distinction - the US distributor own the rights to the Americanized character names, but not the visual designs of the series they are trying to adapt.

So you have this Kafka-esque state of affairs of a company making a movie adaptation of their big hit but going out of their way to ensure that they don't accidentally include any of the material from their big hit, while also snubbing the original creator offering to allow them to go ahead without any restrictions, because then they'd have to admit that his later works even exist.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:12:16 am by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28255 on: July 22, 2016, 05:43:04 pm »

Why is it that my joke idea of an anime called "Infinite Filler" which is a series where the main plot is happening off screen... But all the episodes are the typical filler episodes.
Inou-Battle was kind of that. It's all about some minor side characters. Although there is one episode which focuses on the main cast.
I would like to see One do an Infinite Filler webcomic that gets the One Punch man treatment.
His stuff that's just a single meta gag tends to be a one-off. All though Makai no Ossan is kind of fillery I guess.

Time-Travel Shoujo is a science anime, with actual science in it (obviously barring the time travel). The opening credits showcase the characters in the anime. Kinda looks like any average anime up until the 50s mark
Looks kinda dreadful throughout, to be honest. Like something a weary school teacher would show children as a "treat". That's based just on the OP though, it's just cringey and a bit uncanny.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28256 on: July 22, 2016, 07:14:39 pm »

Berserk 4 continues the disappointment, I can't call it a hatewatch because I love the source, but man, this is a real letdown.

In lighter news, GuP remains fun.

*cute little japanese girl voices, blah blah blah, chatterchatterchatter*
*HOLY SHIT LOUD FUCKING TANK CANNONS GODDAMN*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28257 on: July 22, 2016, 09:36:40 pm »

Time-Travel Shoujo is a science anime, with actual science in it (obviously barring the time travel). The opening credits showcase the characters in the anime. Kinda looks like any average anime up until the 50s mark
Looks kinda dreadful throughout, to be honest. Like something a weary school teacher would show children as a "treat". That's based just on the OP though, it's just cringey and a bit uncanny.
I don't even know what you're hating on here. Wallace and Gromit, Bill Nye, Jason and the Argonauts--school film interrupts were solid gold. This looks just as dumb and campy as any of that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28258 on: July 22, 2016, 11:22:28 pm »

They better slap Edison around for being a doucheknuckle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28259 on: July 23, 2016, 06:08:55 am »

I watched the first nine episodes of JoJo and it was amazing. but apparently Handbrake broke every episode after that and they're all only like ten seconds long ;~; (i downloaded and converted them to watch during a long drive)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1882 1883 [1884] 1885 1886 ... 2193