Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1883 1884 [1885] 1886 1887 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070588 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28260 on: July 23, 2016, 12:42:03 pm »

I watched the first nine episodes of JoJo and it was amazing. but apparently Handbrake broke every episode after that and they're all only like ten seconds long ;~; (i downloaded and converted them to watch during a long drive)
R I P
You should totally watch the rest its super good.  Crunchyroll has all but the newest one available for free.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28261 on: July 24, 2016, 03:33:51 pm »

I would but I usually only watch anime during long car rides ;_;

i can probably make an exception for this though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28262 on: July 24, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »

I can't even call JoJo bad ironically. You should watch the rest.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28263 on: July 24, 2016, 05:27:22 pm »

Finally watched Madoka Magica.

lol

This is the kind of television I love, where the creator says fuck you to basically all established tropes and the suggestions of all the people around him to go on to make HIS creation and it becomes a huge success.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28264 on: July 24, 2016, 06:52:09 pm »

[Continue?]
[--> Yes.]
[---  Yes.]

So after we finish the 12 eps of GuP is there a particular order for the movies?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28265 on: July 24, 2016, 07:00:21 pm »

Watching Re: Zero. I originally didn't bother because people said it was like Konosuba meets Erased, which frankly sounds like garbage.
In any case, it seems solid so far. Kinda neat to see the MC gradually going insane.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28266 on: July 24, 2016, 07:00:33 pm »

@Max:

The movie goes after the series, though I'd suggest wach in the Anzio OVA first, if you haven't already, since it takes place about halfway through the series.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #28267 on: July 24, 2016, 07:12:52 pm »

Watching Re: Zero. I originally didn't bother because people said it was like Konosuba meets Erased, which frankly sounds like garbage.
In any case, it seems solid so far. Kinda neat to see the MC gradually going insane.

Anyone comparing Re:Zero with Konosuba is on crack. The only similarity they have is that they're both LN adaptations and they both feature fantasy worlds.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28268 on: July 24, 2016, 07:13:32 pm »

Most of the specials are set during the show:

Stuff that is hard to find or not worth it:
- Episodes 5.5 and 10.5 are recaps of the story so far at those points. No new material.
- 4 x 10 minute picture dramas. But I couldn't find these at the time
- a few 3 minute shorts that are hard to find

Stuff that is easy to find:
- Anzio battle special (38 minutes) is that one battle they skipped over, vs the Italians.
- 6 x 12 minute DVD specials. Basic cute stuff. Features Pythonesque humor.
- 6 x 10 minute Yukari's Tank Corner - narrated features about the historical tanks.

After that, you have the 2015 movie which is a sequel to the show, and a 15 minute special from the movie's DVD/BD
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:18:35 pm by Reelya »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28269 on: July 24, 2016, 07:38:41 pm »

One Punch man dub is great still. Genos is well-cast.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28270 on: July 24, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »

Most of the specials are set during the show:

Stuff that is hard to find or not worth it:
- Episodes 5.5 and 10.5 are recaps of the story so far at those points. No new material.
- 4 x 10 minute picture dramas. But I couldn't find these at the time
- a few 3 minute shorts that are hard to find

Stuff that is easy to find:
- Anzio battle special (38 minutes) is that one battle they skipped over, vs the Italians.
- 6 x 12 minute DVD specials. Basic cute stuff. Features Pythonesque humor.
- 6 x 10 minute Yukari's Tank Corner - narrated features about the historical tanks.

After that, you have the 2015 movie which is a sequel to the show, and a 15 minute special from the movie's DVD/BD
Ah, I saw those on Kissanime (the best! only site that I put up with random popups from and leave adblock off) but didn't know where they fit in.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28271 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:06 am »

Watching Re: Zero. It seems solid so far. Kinda neat to see the MC gradually going insane.
I personally hate it.
I'm too invested in the thing to quit, but it's seriously pissing me off that he seems completely unable to grasp simple logic.
The thing is, with every other 'Normal dude goes to fantasy world' shtick, they're usually able to detatch a bit better.

This guy is such a wildly useless bundle of emotions that I just can't empathise with him at all. I can't even get enjoyment out of him dying because they have to ham it up every single time.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28272 on: July 25, 2016, 01:42:42 am »

IMO Toyota's irrational behaviour is more believable than not. Dude's been through a lot of trama with no time to recover. That's gotta do a number on your psyche, and it'd be really shit writing if he went through it all unaffected.

Also worth noting that if he was less useless, everyone would suffer less, and that'd undermine the point of the story. Or the story so far as I've seen, at least.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28273 on: July 25, 2016, 03:57:56 am »

Yeah but 'would I snap and be a loud shouty liability to everyone around me' is not an idea I wanna confront.
It's why every war show has the hardass protagonist, so that you can look through his eyes at the pitiful pansies.

Spoiler: Eps 13-ish (click to show/hide)

The whole thing is basically groundhog day with the caveat that you've gotta have a messy end. The fact that he hasn't yet figured that out and decided to start improving is what is bugging me.
He needs RnR? Fine, take it! Take a month! (Albeit 3 days at a time). Go sit on a beach. Then go learn to not be a pussy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28274 on: July 25, 2016, 06:23:10 am »

Mushishi is still super good.
Just wanted to say that.
Any anime that starts with a calm, light instrumental song is really something that stands out anyway, I could listen to that song (It's called The Sore Feet Song, by the way) for hours.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1883 1884 [1885] 1886 1887 ... 2193