Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058325 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24060 on: August 17, 2015, 07:39:20 am »

Hilariously enough, danmachi would be an example. Bell actually looks like a rabbit, i.e. he has most of the characteristics of an albino (white hair, red eyes) as well as being fairly pale. And his appearance is unusual enough to draw note in a setting where, y'know, catgirls.

That slime thing mentioned back around the reincarnation discussion up a ways played the hair color straight, too. Not exactly anime (is LN/webnovel), but still. Probably plenty of others -- there's plenty of cases where what we consider abnormal hair color is, well, the color it appears. It being unusual for the setting in question is a different story, of course.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:41:12 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24061 on: August 17, 2015, 10:56:04 am »

Ep. 6 of Charlotte, pizza flavored omelette rice is a instant cure for mental disorders.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24062 on: August 17, 2015, 01:05:13 pm »

I finished Ashita No Joe! Damn that's an awesome ending if I ever saw one.

But yeah, you can clearly see how it's the tougher and grittier grandpappy to Hajime No Ippo. The prominent characters and arcs are EERILY SIMILAR at certain points to events that happen in Hajime no Ippo.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24063 on: August 17, 2015, 02:06:51 pm »

HOLY DANG!!! An Albino in an anime who is actually an Albino!

What next? Someone with blue hair that actually has blue hair?

IDK about a blue example, but in Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou, Alpha has green hair. At one point she expresses surprise that someone realized she was an android straight of the bat, and she asks how they knew. They mention the hair, and Alpha is like "What, greens not a normal hair colour for humans?".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:09:10 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24064 on: August 17, 2015, 02:12:32 pm »

Honestly, I don't really get the hubbub about hair color. It's transparently an artistic device which is used to help distinguish characters whose faces otherwise might be too similar. Knights of Sidonia is a perfect example of why this exists: you spend as much time remembering who is who as you do paying attention to the plot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24065 on: August 17, 2015, 02:26:05 pm »

Honestly, I don't really get the hubbub about hair color. It's transparently an artistic device which is used to help distinguish characters whose faces otherwise might be too similar. Knights of Sidonia is a perfect example of why this exists: you spend as much time remembering who is who as you do paying attention to the plot.

Going back to Evangelion, there was an iconic juxtaposition that showed that Shinji, Rei, and Asuka are all actually the exact same person with three different wigs on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24066 on: August 17, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »

I read Tomorrow's Joe last year, it was great. I want to watch Ippo at some point.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24067 on: August 17, 2015, 03:30:46 pm »

I read Tomorrow's Joe last year, it was great. I want to watch Ippo at some point.

Looking back, Ippo is legitimately just the squeaky clean shonen version of Ashita No Joe, and honestly it kinda suffers from it. It's just tied too firmly to it's Shonen roots, and so can't deviate far from the norms of it's chosen genre. Otherwise, Hajime no Ippo is a great anime and I have to endorse it. The manga though is kinda insufferable for being insistent on never ending ever, him and Edogawa Conan could team up and be the Shonen Team that never ends. The anime atleast has the good taste of ending on a very high point and is a great conclusion of the series without dragging it out ad-infinitum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24068 on: August 17, 2015, 05:41:34 pm »

The character actually mentioned that the character's skin and hair was as white as snow, and her eyes are actually pink.

Mind you I am sure she has a fictional Albinoism that lets her go outside in the sun... but either way.
To be fair the vast majority of times in the real world that people call something an albino they instead actually have leucism, which often looks identical with the exception that their eyes are normally colored. So it is possible to have "skin and hair as white as snow" and still have colored eyes, and even in real life a large portion of people would probably call them albino (despite being wrong).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24069 on: August 17, 2015, 05:58:30 pm »

Albinos can actually have colored eyes, a sort of crystal blue

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #24070 on: August 17, 2015, 05:59:15 pm »

Albinos can actually have colored eyes, a sort of crystal blue
Can I see the albino?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24071 on: August 17, 2015, 06:07:11 pm »

If you google ocular albinism, sure.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24072 on: August 17, 2015, 06:48:33 pm »

Then you have things like Clannad where half the cast has slightly different shades of purple hair
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24073 on: August 17, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »

I can think of maybe maybe three people?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #24074 on: August 17, 2015, 08:57:47 pm »

I can think of maybe maybe three people?
That's, like, half the harem competing for the MC, isn't it? That's 50% of the important characters.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 ... 2193