Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2191 2192 [2193]

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3052273 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32880 on: August 20, 2024, 06:58:22 pm »

There's an anime I remember seeing on TV when I was really young, I want to say around the mid- to late-90s, that's bounced around my head once or twice lately. I don't remember the name. I only remember a very bare amount of details.

I think the the story was that Earth was under attack by aliens, or that aliens had largely already won and devastated the Earth. The main protagonist may have been based on the Moon or maybe a space station. He had the unique ability to summon an armor suit onto himself that may have been based on the alien technology. One detail I remember for sure is that he had a 30-minute time limit for being in his armor, before the suit itself would take over or something like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32881 on: August 20, 2024, 07:44:36 pm »

I'unno, relatively well known 90s-ish anime with power armor transformation makes me think Guyver or Tekkaman? There's... a remarkable amount of those from back then, though. Those two and maybe Devilman are ones I could think of off the top of my head/look up fairly easily but I'm pretty sure there's at least a half dozen others. It was kinda' popular for a while, iirc, generally a darker spin on tokusatsu/sentai stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32882 on: August 20, 2024, 07:59:58 pm »

Maybe Tekkaman Blade?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32883 on: August 20, 2024, 08:11:00 pm »

It might be Tekkaman Blade, yeah. The image on the TvTropes page seems familiar enough, and it's description of the non-Tekkaman Radam also might fit what I remember. I'll have to look it up when I get the chance. The year('95) and even the TV channel it was on also checks.

EDIT: A quick look on Youtube confirms that it was indeed Tekkaman Blade. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 08:13:51 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32884 on: August 20, 2024, 08:24:01 pm »

I remember reading fanfiction of that back in the 90s, ha. Also the series eventually showed up in super robot wars (J and W at a minimum), which was neat!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32885 on: August 20, 2024, 10:41:54 pm »

I just finished the Training Arc of Kimetsu no Yaiba. Very boring arc, with little meaningful training actually happening. Helluva finale though.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32886 on: September 13, 2024, 10:33:19 pm »

Rick and Morty: The Anime

I dunno...maybe I just don't get it. I mean, a part of me wants to think that they're doing a Cloud Atlas, where for a really long time it just seems like random incomprehensible bullshit, but then towards the end all of the pieces start coming together and it's actually a grand masterpiece of storytelling. But here the moment-to-moment dialogue and animation are just so unforgivably terrible, it's really hard to keep being optimistic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32887 on: September 15, 2024, 12:05:05 am »

Yeah the Rick and Morty anime is just confusingly terrible. No jokes. Incoherent plotline. Doodle-tier animation. I only had the stomach for one episode, and I decided I'd wait for cultural osmosis to inform me on the rest.

Literally no clue what they were thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 2191 2192 [2193]