Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061634 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #16425 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:07 am »

Is Gendo the dad from Evangeleon?

I admit I don't know who Gendo is.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16426 on: March 07, 2014, 09:43:07 am »

Yes.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16427 on: March 07, 2014, 09:58:50 am »

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #16428 on: March 07, 2014, 12:54:58 pm »

It's over! Robot Girls Z is finished ;_;

But it was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Wait, let me clarify. The show is over, but apparently there's a movie coming out, so the franchise isn't over yet.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:05:04 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16429 on: March 07, 2014, 05:08:17 pm »

Just an idle thought, but I've sort of been hankering for bittersweet feels similar to Angel Beats!, any recommendations?

I know I'm late but

Puela Magi Madoka Magica?
I watched and rewatched Madoka a long while ago. Thanks, though. :)

I'm glad people spoke up about Log Horizon, it's much better now that it's into the politics and ethics instead of meh fight scenes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16430 on: March 07, 2014, 05:46:59 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #16431 on: March 08, 2014, 12:01:49 am »

Found another series that seems interesting. Watamote (~No Matter How I look at It It's You Guys Fault I'm Not Popular!~) <---Full title. Yeah.

It looks like it's...I dunno. Not really a romcom so far, maybe a slice-of-life style comedy-but-not-comedy thing? Main character is Kuroki Tomoko, a girl just entering high school who's short, plays a bunch of japanese dating sims, surfs internet regularly, and probably has severe social anxiety. She's so bad that when her teacher wished her "goodbye" on the way out she was sent into a minor mental panic attack.

Despite this, she's entirely focused on becoming "popular" and getting some kind of boyfriend, or at least a friend. She's also surprisingly confident (or deluded), estimating she would probably be able to get a boyfriend in a month, when at that point she was still incapable of making conversation in public.

I don't really know where the plot is aiming except that Tomoko manages to get over her social anxiety and loneliness. Only one episode in so far, as far as I know it could just be a romcom or turn into some psychological horror-thriller when Tomoko finally snaps.

I've got high hopes for quality. The opening is way too brootal for a typical romcom. Coincidentally, the opening is also awesome.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16432 on: March 08, 2014, 12:08:20 am »

Found another series that seems interesting. Watamote (~No Matter How I look at It It's You Guys Fault I'm Not Popular!~) <---Full title. Yeah.

Beware Watamote, for it will eat your sanity and soul. Not because of some horrifying twist but rather because the trainwreck goes exactly where you'd expect it to.

I find the ending song adorable though.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #16433 on: March 08, 2014, 12:17:01 am »

I got like 10 chapters deep into the Watamote manga before I just gave up. It was interesting at the beginning, but then I got the feeling that it was trying to be a longer series and seemed afraid of having any actual character development. Things just kept getting worse and worse and worse to the point where I didn't even really care if it got better because the constant bland abject failure made me lose interest.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16434 on: March 08, 2014, 12:22:04 am »

I've got high hopes for quality. The opening is way too brootal for a typical romcom. Coincidentally, the opening is also awesome.
Don't get your hopes up.
A standard comedy anime 'Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei' (Goodbye Mr Despair) has a similar intro.
Could be a thing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16435 on: March 08, 2014, 12:59:56 am »

I got like 10 chapters deep into the Watamote manga before I just gave up. It was interesting at the beginning, but then I got the feeling that it was trying to be a longer series and seemed afraid of having any actual character development. Things just kept getting worse and worse and worse to the point where I didn't even really care if it got better because the constant bland abject failure made me lose interest.

That's the manga though. The anime series is just 12 episodes long. Dunno how many chapters of a manga make for an anime episode, but I'd think such a short series of episodes wouldn't drag on too long.

Anyway, I like it so far, if only because of Tomoko's crippling social anxiety. Psychology be crazy interesting, yo.

And honestly, that opening was not at all what I was expecting from a series like Watamote. Stuff like Kill la Kill or Death Note I'd totally expect it, but a show focusing on a girl overcoming extreme social phobia? Now that's badass. I love the show just for the opening, it completely blew me out of the water.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16436 on: March 08, 2014, 01:48:19 am »

I really love Watamote. It doesn't have a grand plot or story, it just follows Tomoko and her small but significant little victories.

Ironically, IIRC, the name Tomoko means "Girl with lots of friends".

----------------

Latest episode of KLK kinda blew me away. When it finally ended, it looped back to the beginning and I just watched the ep over again. And then again a third time.

The level of pacing is just so intense, it's gotten to where every new ep is my new favorite.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16437 on: March 08, 2014, 02:16:35 am »

I watched it as it was airing. Didn't care for all that much. Could have been done better I think.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16438 on: March 08, 2014, 02:39:22 am »

So I'm at the 5th episode of Watamote, the character development seems to be petering out and in its place is maximum moments of cringe awkwardness. That's disappointing, the first couple episodes seemed promising. I really wanted to see Tomoko improve over time and be all happy over her success like the first episode.

I realized though, what if Tomoko isn't supposed to get over the whole social phobia thing? What if it's just a grimly realistic and pessimistic portrayal of a person with issues who's never able to completely conquer their issues despite their best efforts? That's kinda depressing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16439 on: March 08, 2014, 06:18:21 am »

There's always Kimi Ni Todoke if you want comedic social awkwardness but with a lot more character development that Watamote.
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 2193