Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074822 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15345 on: October 08, 2013, 04:32:48 pm »

My bro just pointed out that Gamagoori looks like Jeigan. Holy fuck he's right.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:33 pm »

UQ Holder Chapter 7 is out. I don't really have much to say on it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: October 08, 2013, 07:02:14 pm »

This is Halloween
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
This one really did bear mentioning again, it's great.

Couldn't dig the artyness or the song on the second, and wasn't really into the retelling thing either, though.

If we're posting AMVs I wanna share this; I dunno if it's been posted before, but watching it again doesn't hurt, you know?

Life is Beautiful AMV

This is probably one of the best AMVs I've ever watched, along with that This is Halloween Soul Eater one. Those two are the most prominent I think of when someone says "AMV".

So, the editing on this is minimal, mostly just sequences of brief, couple second long clips of different animes synced to the music. The timing is phenomenal though, and the wide range and selection of imagery not only fit the music well, but it's artistically pleasing and retains my attention throughout the video, which is an achievement in itself. It's pretty well done, all in all. Plenty of different animes that I couldn't name off the top of my head. No obvious spoilers to anything unless you recognize the anime the clip is from and can piece it together.

My only complaint is that at the start it can seem to be going too fast. The clips can be pretty brief and it takes a bit to really pick up from the beginning and get into the rhythm.
Was interesting, but probably too emotional for my tastes. Not bad, but I wouldn't personally put it on the same level as This Is Halloween.

Here's a good one.

It's EVA, and contains a few spoilers if you haven't already seen it. But I find it's super good. Won Anime Sakura's best technical and audience/judge's favorite.

The pacing is awesome.
Very nice. My only complaint would be that it's a bit slower and less... focused, I suppose, than I'd prefer.

Are we talking about AMVs?
Cause here's one I think is pretty good.
This just reminded me that Ruin Explorers was excellent and Hellsing is awesome despite its problems.

And that I need to tease someone again about there being like six different Tenchi Muyo animes now, only one of which is the first one that they love.

I've also got a few recommendations. By which I mean I've got so many I should probably just leave three.

Anime Munters - Not a true AMV, but it does feature original animations including, amongst other things, anime characters. Potentially somewhat NSFW, depending. Extremely well done in any case. Am I forgetting to mention anything about it? Probably not, you should go watch.

Sisters of the Light - Watch as clever editing and an interesting song turn a fanservicey harem thing into something you might actually want to watch! The pacing is very nice, and the AMV fits the song very well. A fair amount of swimsuit/underwear level fanservice, though it's not usually the focus.

The Monster - Well done in general. The song has both quick and slow parts, and the AMV manages both of them very well, I think. Should be completely SFW.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: October 08, 2013, 10:45:30 pm »

Here's a good one.

It's EVA, and contains a few spoilers if you haven't already seen it. But I find it's super good. Won Anime Sakura's best technical and audience/judge's favorite.

The pacing is awesome.

Imagine Dragons automatically made that awesome. Didn't change the fact it was already awesome. The sync at the whole "breathing in the chemicals" lyric was pretty great, loved that.

Silly AMV time: Cherry: Cronicles of PHOTOpanic set to Cherry pie by Warrant. Because fanservice, innuendo, and sexual tension are totally funny...no really, I actually laughed at a couple parts, it's gloriously absurd.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15349 on: October 09, 2013, 05:18:20 pm »

I finished watching Planetes. Who recommended it to me again? I want to punch them and hug them at the same time right now that show was soooo sad-good. ;-;

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:09 pm »

Silly AMV time: Cherry: Cronicles of PHOTOpanic set to Cherry pie by Warrant. Because fanservice, innuendo, and sexual tension are totally funny...no really, I actually laughed at a couple parts, it's gloriously absurd.
Another really, really well-done one.

I finished watching Planetes. Who recommended it to me again? I want to punch them and hug them at the same time right now that show was soooo sad-good. ;-;
The two main ones I remember are piecewise (not sure if he actually recommended it or just referenced the helmets in it) and Il Palazzo three years ago.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: October 09, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »

More AMVs because I don't have much else to contribute to the thread atm, but also because these are pretty great compared to some others I watched recently because you guys got me on an AMV binge. Dang it thread, I had things to do.

[MEP] Random Road Trip--I'm not entirely sure what I'm watching, but it's really well-synced to the music, well edited, and it's just swell. Best one in this post, 10/10, would watch again.

Burn it to the Ground--A lock n'load action AMV that has some swell editing, some neat typography segments, and just the anime itself is interesting. Set in New York USA during the prohibition era and focuses on organized crime, by the looks of it. Pretty cool, anime's called Baccano. The song is by Nickelback though, but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked. The only thing that makes it bad is that it's Nickelback, Nickelback must be bad because everyone says so. I apologize for linking to a Nickelback song, view at your own risk.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

Burn it to the Ground--A lock n'load action AMV that has some swell editing, some neat typography segments, and just the anime itself is interesting. Set in New York USA during the prohibition era and focuses on organized crime, by the looks of it. Pretty cool, anime's called Baccano. The song is by Nickelback though, but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked. The only thing that makes it bad is that it's Nickelback, Nickelback must be bad because everyone says so. I apologize for linking to a Nickelback song, view at your own risk.

Well whaddya know, Baccano! can even make Nickelback tolerable. Watch Baccano! if you haven't already, it's pretty great.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: October 10, 2013, 08:20:14 am »

Started watching Tenga Toppen Gurren Lagann. Turns out that this wasn't over-hyped at all and the hot springs episode is genuinely funny.

EDIT: D:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:22:43 am by NobodyPro »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:02 am »

I see you reached that episode.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15355 on: October 10, 2013, 11:37:54 am »

People stop watching right there.

DON'T STOP WATCHING IT.
Everyone who stops watching is silly. They think things are a certain way and they are wrong, so everyone should keep watching.

(And by that I don't mean that stuff actually doesn't happen, just that people perceive the characters a certain way and are wrong)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:06:15 pm by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: October 10, 2013, 05:56:13 pm »

Second episode of Kill la Kill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: October 10, 2013, 11:22:49 pm »

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is quite possibly the most Western anime I have ever seen.

I love it. The animation is like I'm watching some sort of cross between old Flintstone or Loony Toons cartoons with the flat out absurdity and stylized characters. It's kinda funny too. Also, absurd adult humour. There's toilets possessed by ghosts eating people in the first episode. Yeah. Also, tons of innuendos and/or blatant sex jokes; practically everything out of Panty's mouth is sex. Yeah. And she's technically an angel. Yeah. This anime is crazy whack yo.

It's just so western but at the same time japanese that it's almost surreal. First episode with english subs here, but quality is lackluster.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15358 on: October 11, 2013, 12:20:05 am »

Glad you're enjoying it Mr Space Cat, but it's not news to most of us :P

The official English dub is somewhat new, though, so it might be worth re-watching if the dubs are good (and I heard they were).
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: October 11, 2013, 01:16:19 am »

People stop watching right there.

DON'T STOP WATCHING IT.
Everyone who stops watching is silly. They think things are a certain way and they are wrong, so everyone should keep watching.

(And by that I don't mean that stuff actually doesn't happen, just that people perceive the characters a certain way and are wrong)
Agreed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 2193