Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3073141 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15375 on: October 13, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

Are we talking about AMVs?
Cause here's one I think is pretty good.

Oh, I love that video.

I never did understand why half of the anime openings have nude people unfolding from a ball, though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: October 13, 2013, 02:23:31 pm »

Oh, I love that video.

I never did understand why half of the anime openings have nude people unfolding from a ball, though.

Makes more sense than the mecha standard of nude people floating in space, at least.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:50 pm »

Dang it, all of a sudden I am in the mood for a Xena anime.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: October 14, 2013, 12:37:50 am »

Finished watching Panty and Stocking. One word can summarize the viewing experience. Gainax. One word can also summarize the ending. GAINAX.

On one hand I love Panty and Stocking's art style, it's an eye-catching hybrid of anime and western cartoon that's just so much eye-candy aaaaaah--and on the other hand, there's so. much. sex.

totally blatant, there's just innuendos everywhere. Where there isn't innuendos, there's blatant sex jokes. There's so much crap that the radar is practically buried under it. At first, it's not too bad, but as the series progresses the amount of sex jokes just keeps rising and rising and it just doesn't stop until suddenly it reaches the climax and explodes and it's over and you wonder what the eff just happened, because GAINAX.

Basically, it's an absurd, twisted little surreal satire (I assume it's clever satire, or something to explain it's absurdity) of western animation and anime and religion and sex and probably some other crazy stuff too. I honestly enjoyed it though. Reminded me of Invader Zim, although less random and much more innuendo.

EDIT: A good summary of the series in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:56:16 am by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:16 am »

I watched Gurren Lagann in full marathon format. All 27 episodes minus the catchup. In under fifteen hours.

10/10 would seriously consider doing it again. There's just so much kamina, even after spoiler. And so much character development and I can't even talk about Yoko's best outfit.

Spoiler: Wait yes I can (click to show/hide)

And ah the ending. Also that outfit. Also Simon who believed in himself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: October 14, 2013, 04:15:47 am »

Now that you watched the show proper, I suggest you go watch the movies next for MORE HOTBLOODED AWESOMENESS.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: October 14, 2013, 05:12:51 am »

Fucking HELL that ending for Shiki, that was just... I don't even know what to say.
The show rivals Higurashi for brutality and is one of the most depressing things I've witnessed. Talk about a series that throws you off at first to how it will eventually turn out.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15382 on: October 14, 2013, 05:48:22 am »

If we're posting AMVs I wanna share this; I dunno if it's been posted before, but watching it again doesn't hurt, you know?

Life is Beautiful AMV

Already had that one in my Great folder, but thanks for sharing anyway. =)
By the way, that AMV is also known as "Live".

Here's a good one.

THANK YOU. I saw this once, ever, at a viewing for my anime class while we were all screwing around before the professor showed up with the movie. I've been looking for it since. This is getting downloaded so hard. I also really need to re-evaluate what folders my AMVs are all in as well. This is almost definitely going into the Awesome folder. Excellent editing, visuals fit the lyrics and vise-versa (helps if you're familiar with the series/movies), high quality stuff.

This one's pretty darn funny and also pretty true.

This is Halloween
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
This one really did bear mentioning again, it's great.

Couldn't dig the artyness or the song on the second, and wasn't really into the retelling thing either, though.

I've also got a few recommendations. By which I mean I've got so many I should probably just leave three.

Yeah, it's pretty darn amazing. I'm not sure you could make a more thematically-appropriate AMV.
Sorry that you didn't like the others, hopefully you'll find some from the next batch that you like.
Also, feel free to recommend AMVs. People seemed pretty cool with it so far, and I'm definitely looking for more AMVs to nab.

Anime Munters - Not a true AMV, but it does feature original animations including, amongst other things, anime characters. Potentially somewhat NSFW, depending. Extremely well done in any case. Am I forgetting to mention anything about it? Probably not, you should go watch.

Sisters of the Light - Watch as clever editing and an interesting song turn a fanservicey harem thing into something you might actually want to watch! The pacing is very nice, and the AMV fits the song very well. A fair amount of swimsuit/underwear level fanservice, though it's not usually the focus.

The Monster - Well done in general. The song has both quick and slow parts, and the AMV manages both of them very well, I think. Should be completely SFW.

20 seconds into Anime Munters and I couldn't stop laughing. That was just... amazing. I'm going to go share that with everyone I know.

Sisters of the Light... woah! So that's where that's from! I'll be sharing an AMV with some shots from the same anime. This is a well-made amv.

The Monster was very impressive. The editing and original content was really something. My only criticism is that it's so darn hard to tell what's going on without having seen the animes/movies.

Cherry: Cronicles of PHOTOpanic

This got me cracking up pretty good.

[MEP] Random Road Trip

Burn it to the Ground

Wow, Random Road is really well-synched and shows some pretty cool stuff. Really digged the music, too.

I wanted to like Burn it to the Ground, especially because the editing was pretty nice, but I just couldn't get into it as much.

Guh. That's a wall of text. Sorry about that guys. AMV sharing time. I'm shooting for mostly Multi-Anime stuff this time.

Awesome:
The Best AMV

Great:
Act of Genesis

Confession to the Dancefloor

Good:
We Need You!
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: October 14, 2013, 08:31:47 am »

Talking about AMV's+TTGL and this AMV wasn't mentioned? Although I'm sure mostly everyone has seen it, it is always great for a rewatch ;).

Also a blast from the past - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYU2IXtbg0. One of my first AMV's ever back in '05.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:43:48 am by aenri »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15384 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44:21 am »

Gundam Builder Fighters Episode 2 is out. Things continue to be pretty good. Glad to see from the opening that the Sengoku Astray and it's pilot will be a main cast member. That thing is awesome.

Also I'm really curious to see what the mobile suit used by the white haired girl in the opening is. I saw what was clearly some parts taken from the Quebelay, and the shoulders looked like modified versions of the Queen Mansa maybe? or the Kshatriya, but it doesn't have the detailing involved with either of them. Probably the former, since you can just sand down the lumps, while the Kshatriya you would have to fill the holes up, but I don't know if they make Queen Mansas on that scale. Lance is probably from either a late Universal Century suit or an A-Laws suit, and the chin makes me think of the Gaddessa line, but none of the other head portions match up.

I actually shouted a little bit when the Gold Sumo got brought out, and Mr. Ral continues to be hilariawesome.

And it was pleasantly surprising to see the Char Clone rich kid is actually isn't that bad of a guy. Just a little psycho once he's in battle. The fight with him was awesome. Love how he started chanting the opening lines to the original Gundam theme XD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:18:40 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15385 on: October 14, 2013, 04:24:02 pm »

So i just started watching Shakugan no Shana the other day. im almost done with season one when i just noticed that this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is the closest ive ever seen to a dwarf fortress player in anime

1:he builds overly elaborate -everything- simply because he can, this is noted several times
2:he abuses world mechanics to build devious traps
3:he is a borderline sociopath, in an endearing way
4:reading on spoilers he meets his end in a dramatic fashion when one of his devices don't work as planned and
5:he throws science at the wall, just to see what sticks.

i don't think we give him enough appreciation
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: October 14, 2013, 04:24:41 pm »

No Hotlinking~ :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15387 on: October 14, 2013, 04:25:14 pm »

Link please!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15388 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:35 pm »

the professor. ive never posted anything other than text, so i really dont know what im doing, how to post pictures or screen shots, anything :(

Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 2193