Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079300 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14220 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:23 pm »

I am currently watching Legend of Galactic Heros.

I seen the intro which was just odd for an anime as well the main characters are not the "Friendship is power" they are actually the "Screw friendship... use ACTUAL strategy!"

It has pretty much very unsteriotypical.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:30:17 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: July 19, 2013, 11:23:27 pm »

Ah, that's one that you might actually like a bit more than normal. Apart from the length, anyway, because it held very true to the "opera" part of "space opera".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: July 19, 2013, 11:49:17 pm »

I would like to share to you the gift of my anime club

Spoiler: bigass image (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: July 20, 2013, 12:18:29 am »

Its not IronyOwl, but it does fit the mature rating it was given.

You have two main characters (and also one unrelated to them family line that are somewhat important), and it tends to skip ahead a couple decades per episode past #2. Theres also a third immortal who seems important and has a strange chess set, but have no idea what he's on about until near the very end. Its similar in a vague private investigator sorta way to noir to a point and then isn't. It involves Yggdrasil and some sort of seed/spore/fruit/something from it. The fruitthing causes two different effects, but only the special named kind do anything at all.

Someone else could probably describe this better than I could, really.
It's about two immortals who work as private investigators, and the events surrounding the Tree of Yggdrasil which occasionally emits spores that have a very small chance of contacting people. The spores change them in various ways, often for the worse. The story is told through a series of jumps in time periods that, uniquely for shows I've seen, show the other characters who are not immortal growing old and passing on.
It generally portrays the ability to not die as a curse instead of a blessing, and contains some frankly disturbing scenes regarding this. There is a lot of nudity, sex, and gore that reaches Elfen Lied levels but I still feel the base idea of the show makes it interesting enough to watch for people willing to deal with those caveats.
That does sound sort of interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime.

Wow, I never saw such blatant fanservice like this before.
I'm not sure I believe you. "I've never seen such [BAD_THING] before!" sounds more or less automatically hyperbolic coming from you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: July 20, 2013, 12:46:55 am »

Ok let me qualify a bit here.

I have seen worse fanservice (Marchen Awakens Romance), I have seen more degrading fanservice (Marchen Awakens Romance), I have seen more distracting fanservice (Ghost in a Shell), I have seen fanservice break the laws of physics (Dear goodness... Marchen Awakens Romance), and I have seen extremely pedophilic fanservice (Insert any current anime with child protagonists)

But I have never seen a characters clothes and breast size change in the middle of a scene, breaking continuity, for the sake of a fanservice shot.

In fact I would even challenge you to that if apperantly "School of the dead" a show involving middle schoolers didn't somehow do that... which also solidifies why I will never watch it (NO anime I do not want to have sex with children, stop showing me!)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 12:49:11 am by Neonivek »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14225 on: July 20, 2013, 12:48:02 am »

I have seen worse fanservice (Marchen Awakens Romance), I have seen more degrading fanservice (Marchen Awakens Romance), I have seen more distracting fanservice (Ghost in a Shell), I have seen fanservice break the laws of physics (Dear goodness... Marchen Awakens Romance), and I have seen extremely pedophilic fanservice (Insert any current anime with child protagonists)

But I have never seen a characters clothes and breast size change in the middle of a scene, breaking continuity, for the sake of a fanservice shot.
Well now you have. It's a brand new experience!
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14226 on: July 20, 2013, 04:30:47 am »

Oh my god, I just realized that Anno Hideaki's family name is Anno, as in, Anno Domini, In The Year of Our Lord. His own name is a fucking Christian reference.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14227 on: July 20, 2013, 05:10:56 am »

I don't like anime.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14228 on: July 20, 2013, 08:47:01 am »

I'm almost tempted to say that the thread title should finally be changed to something that's not a question.

And in news more topical, I should probably get to finishing Code Geass.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14229 on: July 20, 2013, 08:52:04 am »

I'm almost tempted to say that the thread title should finally be changed to something that's not a question.
Agreed. I mean, since its obviously a thread where people who enjoy anime like to talk, why do people who don't think its okay to just drop in and say "yeah I don't like your stuff" without giving even a single reason, or even trying to be polite. Just doesn't seem okay to me.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14230 on: July 20, 2013, 08:54:38 am »

And in news more topical, I should probably get to finishing Code Geass.

GEFDHSRGJHSTHD

DO IT. WHY DO PEOPLE STOP. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE END.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14231 on: July 20, 2013, 09:12:27 am »

I haven't finished Code Geass either. But its been so long since I watched it, I'd probably have to start from the very beginning.

EDIT: I think I finished the first season or whatever, but part two confused the shit out of me. Or maybe it was a separate series that was continuing the same story? I feel like it had a different name for some reason.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14232 on: July 20, 2013, 09:24:45 am »

EDIT: I think I finished the first season or whatever, but part two confused the shit out of me. Or maybe it was a separate series that was continuing the same story? I feel like it had a different name for some reason.

Second season starts a bit lame and differently than the first, but fairly quickly builds up and get's back to what season1 was about. I wouldn't say it was confusing, but a bit silly instead.

I like to marathon my animes, and when I don't, well, the progress stales up a bit. But I'll get to it, promise!

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14233 on: July 20, 2013, 11:24:55 am »

Mph. I need to get around to finishing CG too. Maybe after I get through Clannad After Story one last time. The OP is so soothing.

Then again, I have alot of other stuff to watch... Any idea on what to prioritize? I currently have:

- Welcome to the NHK
- Planetes
- Hyouka
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- A Certain Scientific Railgun

On my list. I expect to finish my marathon tomorrow; No sleeping for me.

E: I thought I had railgun. I apparently don't. It was Angel Beats, not railgun. Some idiot mislabeled the folder.
Downloading it because I am a poor bastard who can't afford the BDs yet.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:09:02 pm by Carnwennan »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14234 on: July 20, 2013, 11:31:10 am »

In fact I would even challenge you to that if apperantly "School of the dead" a show involving middle schoolers didn't somehow do that... which also solidifies why I will never watch it (NO anime I do not want to have sex with children, stop showing me!)
Its all horrible man and fortunately you aren't the only one thinking like this (unfortunately we are outnumbered)

High School of the Dead i thought was a cool idea, then i watched 5 minutes '_____'
And at the time my roommate went bonkers over the show and stuck watching all through the episodes. Think i sighed almost every 5 minutes of this show, thats a fricking record.

Mph. I need to get around to finishing CG too. Maybe after I get through Clannad After Story one last time. The OP is so soothing.

Then again, I have alot of other stuff to watch... Any idea on what to prioritize? I currently have:

- Welcome to the NHK
- Planetes
- Hyouka
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- A Certain Scientific Railgun

On my list. I expect to finish my marathon tomorrow; No sleeping for me.
RAILGUN RAILGUN RAILGUN
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 2193