Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067009 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #3030 on: May 16, 2010, 02:18:34 pm »

Hi!

Completely out of the blue, I have to say that Higurashi no naku koro ni is the best anime ever.

And if it wasn't for me having my dwarves race against Toady One I should get back into playing the first game in the second set of the games ...

Higurashi no naku koro ni - Dwarf Fortress - Higurashi no naku koro ni - Dwarf Fortress - Higurashi no naku koro ni - Dwarf Fortress - ... Argh! Awesome overload! :) :) :) :)

Deathworks
Shame the translaty people don't seem to be working on it anymore. Got the first 4 Umineko games in English though, so I should be busy for a while.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 17, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »

I need...moar anime.
I need something to watch while I take another break from Bleach.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 17, 2010, 12:05:38 pm »

Needless.   8)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 17, 2010, 12:06:31 pm »

Needless.   8)

... Excuse me?  Might I ask what the purpose of this post was?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 17, 2010, 12:07:22 pm »

Its an anime.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 17, 2010, 12:09:01 pm »

Hadn't heard of it (obviously).  So, Mr. Rabble, why do you recommend it?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: May 17, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »

I'm going to assume "Because its Punny".
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 17, 2010, 12:18:01 pm »

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant to make that a link to the wikipedia or something... but I forgot. :-[

I recommend it because it contains absurd superpowers, dangerous levels of manliness (not quite TTGL levels, but pretty close), and I'm really bad at explaining things like this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:45 pm »

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant to make that a link to the wikipedia or something... but I forgot. :-[

I recommend it because it contains absurd superpowers, dangerous levels of manliness (not quite TTGL levels, but pretty close), and I'm really bad at explaining things like this.

Haha, that's all right.  Thanks for the explanation.  Might check it out...

But for now, I recommend Seirei no Moribito, if only for the ludicrously splendid artstyle.  I'm not sure about the plot (haven't finished it), but so far I've found it engaging--engaging enough that I'll just say "go watch the first episode, and if you like it then watch the rest."

Also, the female lead is voiced by the Major.  Just go watch it already.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 17, 2010, 01:58:20 pm »

Seconded.
Not an ideal show by any means, but still one of the more interesting ones out there.
Serious and smart, but not overly philosophical. Slow paced and introspective, but punctuated with sudden outbursts of brutal action. High degree of realism and no slapstick/fanservice whatsoever.

Some of the plot points could use more polishing though.

edit: also, Vector, some anger issues there? Getting all aggressive-defensive over Escaped Lunatic's post?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:01:01 pm by Il Palazzo »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 17, 2010, 02:09:34 pm »

edit: also, Vector, some anger issues there? Getting all aggressive-defensive over Escaped Lunatic's post?

Yeah, I still haven't figured out how to stop getting angry when I'm confused.  It's a knee-jerk reaction.  Got kind of put aside, though, in favor of other personal improvements... thanks for the reminder.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 17, 2010, 02:18:19 pm »

I get angry when I'm angry.

I need...moar anime.

What genre?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 17, 2010, 03:11:22 pm »

I get angry when I'm angry.

I need...moar anime.

What genre?
ALL OF THEM

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 17, 2010, 04:23:49 pm »

Watch dennou coil, seto no hanayome, monster, rozen maiden, Ah! My Goddess, Kimagure Orange Road, Ranma1/2

and those are all the not-so-obvious-but-really-good ones I know

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: May 17, 2010, 04:29:38 pm »

Detective Conan then, why not.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 2193