Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428295 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok)
« Reply #405 on: April 25, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »

Mogror Harbett has felt deaths happen lately.
Mogror Harbett has shuffled painfully in glee today.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »

Christes lay by the river.  There must have been some mist flowing off the water, for the cave seemed hazier than usual.  There was also no one else there, which almost never happened.  There were dwarves EVERYWHERE in this fortress.  But it didn't seem to bother Christes too much for some reason.  She continued lying on her back, casually looking out over the water.

But suddenly the mist condensed.  Its formlessness gave way to form, and there was her beloved Tradanbattlan standing before her.

"He's here!" shouted Tradan's haunting visage.  He was mostly transparent, and Christes started to become alarmed.  However, Christes' excitement kept her from running.

"Tradan!  Oh my god!"  Christes tried to think of all she wanted to say.  "I love you!"

"Stop!  There's no time!  He's here!  He's eating my soul!  I don't have much time left..." cried the ghost of Tradan.

"Who?  Who's there?" asked Christes.

"Noooooooooooo!!!" Tradan shrieked.

Christes leapt from her bed.  She was gasping deeply for breath.  Oh...it was just a dream.  She laid back down, wide awake now and thinking of Tradan.  She had been under a lot of stress lately, having just witnessed Urist beat a squadmate to death with her bare hands.  She was haunted by nightmares almost every evening now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:57:32 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 28, 2009, 11:21:49 am »

uh oh.  I get the feeling that Christes will be short-lived now.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2009, 03:07:47 pm »

That or become as mad and callous as our wonderful queen.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2009, 05:51:13 pm »

Hm. Could we be heading towards a showdown of the crazy dwarven women?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2009, 10:37:38 pm »

That's pretty cool...?

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2009, 11:45:47 pm »

Link
First think I thought of, specifically the music. :D
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #412 on: April 30, 2009, 10:25:39 am »

The hooded figure gained entry to the palace with no questions from the guards.  The shadowy form entered the throne room, where Urist sat at the end of the hall.

"Report, Grand Master," said Urist.

Grand Master Myth of the Masons pulled his hood back, and spoke.  "The House of Erib is in a panic, my lady.  They dont know whether to leave this fortress and all their wealth and just try to save their lives, or if they should fight you and attempt to take this place for themselves."

"Hmph," snorted Urist.  "There are 17 of their number, four have died already.  Nearly one in four of the Hosue of Erib!  Hahaha!  Take this place for themselves?  They will only find their graves!"

"Yes, my lady.  Of course.  But they still may try it.  With the Elder Erib dead, the people have elected the matriarch of the House of Erib to be Mayor."

"The people?  It was not the people who elected anything!  These Eribs are a crafty lot...they wouldnt have any power at all if they depended on the people for it.  No....after a decade of running our bureaucracy, they have rigged the election system.  Their only possible fates in the long run are exile or execution.  In the meantime, we will lie low.  Let the blood dry.  Keep an eye on these Eribites and dont let them make a move!"

"Yes my lady, as you wish."  The Grand Master bowed and then left the great hall.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:28:48 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2009, 10:43:25 am »

Mogror Harbett sat in his hovel, scraping the grime from under his exceptionally long toe nails and spreading it on his cave wheat toast like jelly.  He cackled in glee as he pulled gobs of toe jam from under his yellow grotesquely shaped nails.

"Delicious!" he shouted as he spread it on the toast and took a bite.

Suddenly there was a loud knock at the door.  Mogror grabbed the bag of rat weed lying on his bed and tossed it in one of his cabinets, along with his tower cap pipe.  "Who is it?" asked the old dwarf to stall for time.

"It's Wise Asmel, the Philosopher....open up!" cried the muffled voice from beyond the door.

"Ahhh....at last you come!"  Mogror laughed as he shuffled towards the door and opened it.  "Come, come....sit."

There were no chairs in the room.

"Um....thank you, but Ill stand.  Please, mad dwarf....I believe you now!"

"Hmph....and many years it takes to see the light, eh?"

"No!  I mean yes!  I didnt want to believe you at first, though I knew in my heart it was true!  But now there is no denying it!  She really does worship Armok!!!" cried the scared philosopher.

"SHHHH!!!!" shushed Mogror as he hit the philosopher over the head with his crooked old cane.  "Shut up you idiot!  *sigh*....well now it is too late."

"What?  Whats too late?"

"She has already summoned him."  Mogror looked the philosopher dead in the eyes.  "There is time for thinking, and time for action.  You chose to think instead of act."

"No...it cant be!  He can be sealed again right?"

"Hohoho!  Why sure he could...but now you get to fight a full grown demon!"

Asmel gulped in terror.  "How do we stop him now?"

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2009, 11:04:26 am »

Personally I think it's probably a bad idea to enlist help from someone who has so many parallels with Urist.
A once-leader turned maddwarf who committed slaughter on a massive scale, and ended up immortal.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2009, 11:48:59 am »

Personally I think it's probably a bad idea to enlist help from someone who has so many parallels with Urist.
A once-leader turned maddwarf who committed slaughter on a massive scale, and ended up immortal.

I cant give too much away.  Suffice it to say you will like the outcome.   ;)

So hey, how much backstory did you have for Olonkulet?  Other than being a brass walled (domed?) mechanical city sealed away long ago?  I was gonna write more about it, but I dont want to step all over your story if you already have one. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:53:05 am by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »

uh oh.  I get the feeling that Christes will be short-lived now.

Whatever made you think she would be long-lived?    :P

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:17 pm »

So the Eribites have lost almost a fourth of their family members.  But they still cling to power.  The mother of the Eribs has become Mayor, and her eldest son is now the Eldest male Erib.  Hes been mayor a few times himself, as have a couple sisters and brothers.

Here is a list of the Eribites.  (Not all Erib worshippers are of the House of Erib, just this rich powerful family)

Urist was forced to build them a family tomb deep in the catacombs.  They wanted to be buried like nobility!  Ha!  But what could Urist do?  She could not provoke them further.  She had beaten two Eribites to death under the guise of the law, they hadnt been singled out for death either...plenty had died.  She had to keep up appearances that she wasnt hunting Eribites, even if the rare rational logical dwarf could easily put two and two together.

No....she would maintain the charade for now.  She built them their tomb....but out of spite she carved it into microcline!

(NOTE - Above the tacky blue tomb of Erib worshippers is the Duke's present resting place, the Duchess' future resting place, and the future resting place of the Duchess' son and four daughters.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:27:58 pm by MrGimp »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2009, 12:30:48 pm »

I cant give too much away.  Suffice it to say you will like the outcome.   ;)

So hey, how much backstory did you have for Olonkulet?  Other than being a brass walled (domed?) mechanical city sealed away long ago?  I was gonna write more about it, but I dont want to step all over your story if you already have one. 

All the story I have for Olonkulet is pretty much all on this forum in scraps.
Feel free to build on it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:02:50 pm by Maggarg - Eater of chicke »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2009, 02:46:19 pm »

Queen Urist was having trouble controlling her bloodlust.  She didnt want to beat the High Priestess, but she couldnt stop herself from wanting to complete that task, even when another dwarf was made Captain of the Guard.

She tried to just lock herself in her palace and let herself be consumed by her work.  She commenced meetings with representatives from the guilds to secure their loyalty.

In other news, Blockedlance is becoming a lot like how Urist remembered it from when she first came to this place.  It was a bloody, rotten corpse laden, foul wretched pit then, and it was a bloody, rotten corpse laden, foul wretched pit now.

But the Queens murderous rampage and the stench that followed wasnt the scandal that the Freemason's chose to cover in their fortress newspapers.  No, there was plenty of celebrity gossip to distract the masses with.  In fact, the Duchess' daughter - the acting fortress trader - parades around NAKED!!!  Egads!

Rumors of addiction to the snorted ground powder of quarry bush leaves spread like wildfire.  Yes, while the nation warred with far away goblins and elves, and while the government systematically wiped their ass with the citizen's rights and the peasants' lives, the Freemason's newspapers remained fixated on some spoiled rich brat's quarcaine addiction!  It was a masterstroke of political douchebaggery.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:55:52 pm by MrGimp »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 164