Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428237 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok)
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2009, 06:39:32 pm »

Urist stumbled out of the temple in a trance.  Nothing seemed real, and yet, at the same time, she was overcome by how real it was.  The memories of what she had heard of Armok as a child danced in her head.  They were morality tales...most people didnt even believe Armok was real...he was just an idea, a bogeyman...every story about Armok always took place a thousand years in the past, Armok was distant and surreal.  But now here was.  He was hard physical reality.

But Urist dared not remember too much of the morality tales she had heard as a kid.  Armok was always a metaphor for ultimate evil, and she dared not think bad thoughts about Armok, for fear that he might hear them.  Besides, dwarves were stupid.  Doing the opposite as everyone else was always a path to excellence.  If everyone thought Armok was a demon, then damnit, he was the holiest loving God in the pantheon! 

Even if he were evil, what did Urist care?  The naive young 50 year old that had come to Blockedlance so many years ago had grown hard and bitter.  Her beard had grown long, her brow wrinkled, her face pressed in a grimace.  She was also in her mid 70s now, and was feeling the effects of her dwarven mid-life crisis.  She was finding grey hairs in her beard, her gut was fat, her boobs were saggy, and when she drank too much sunshine, she sure as hell felt it the next day.  She was aging.  Time was a dirty son of a bitch.  She would do anything to live forever...and all that was being asked of her was that she sacrifice other dwarves, inferior dwarves, dwarves without thought or feeling.  They were the dwarven cattle after all, and Armok had to eat!

Armok had appeared to steel her resolve and teach her of his true nature.  He had also ordered that the cult of Ber Steelearthen be segregated from the fortress, for only the cult of the Steelen One was already indoctrinated enough to accept the truth about Ber....not that they would be told just yet....if ever.  Dwarves would be told on a need to know basis.

For now, Urist began building massive storerooms of booze and food beneath the temple and the palace, which would eventually be linked into one large complex which would be sealed off from the peasants and non-believers.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2009, 06:41:04 pm »

D:

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »

In economic news, the fake credit crisis the Royal Reserve Board and the Fortress Treasury had started  was getting a little out of hand.  The Freemasons clothing shops value was now suffering along with the rest of the market.  This was both unwelcome and unexpected.

But at least the Eribite shop was doing worse.  They had finally been run out of business and forced to sell their franchise at a huge loss.

HA HA!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2009, 07:18:46 pm »

Spring of 228.  Urist has been living at Blockedlance for 24 years, and has been queen for 19.

Our engraver Jimm has been living in the junk cave for a while now.  He is still not miserable.

Another three children die slow gruesome deaths this season.

You know what they say about death...the more miserable the better!

Speaking of miserable deaths...a migrant came this season.

I've never gotten just one.  That's pretty funny.  This guys pretty funny too.

I know a little migrant that's gonna get impaled to death!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2009, 07:19:50 pm »

The lone swordsdwarf of Blockedlance, MadMonkey24, had no one to spar with.  Since the artifact demon sword Urist had given him hungered for blood, the Queen told MadMonkey24 to go down to the arena and practice his skills.  His arena debut was against a horde of beak dogs, Ill let the pictures speak for themselves...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2009, 11:48:03 pm »

Ok Eagle and Lord Dullard, you guys are in.  Eagle youre a miner, and Lord Dullard, you are the axedwarf squad captain Lord Dullard.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:20:45 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2009, 01:07:45 am »

WARNING:

Reading this post without listening to this song at the same time is a heresy that is punishable by castration for males, and sex with me for females.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5zFsy9VIdM

PSYCHOKILLER!!!
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Better run run run
Run run away!!!

Ever since the unofficial Captain of the Guard Jackrabbit Spireknife had died, Urist had been hounded by the Duchess and other nobles to get another one.  Urist had refused, being worried that the Captain of the Guard would become a tool of the nobles to kill dwarves of their choosing.  That ran the risk of nobles attacking Urist's Freemason's and elite warriors. 

But Urist was communing deeply with Armok at this point, and in a manner more subtle than words, Urist came to understand that there was a great solution here.  Donning the title of Captain of the Guard herself, Urist marched off to send as many dwarves to Armok as she could.  Here is the list of everyone in the fortress who needs a beating...

So off she went, barefisted and ready to kick some ass.

The first dwarven kill in 24 years was exhilerating.  She could feel herself consume the soul of the lesser being.

She wasnt even using a weapon, these dwarves heads just crumpled in like paper.  Urist killed one of the Erib worshippers in the river garden, just because she could.

One of our convict champions managed to survive by the will of Armok.  We shall watch the unfolding destiny of Eral Pagelashed with great interest.

Beat beat beat, kill kill kill....just another day at the office. Urist cut another dwarf down in the river garden.  Again, no one dared say a word.  (Notice all the unhappy red down arrows)

One of the dwarves happened to get beat down right next to an open bed.  Fortunately, they had already lost far too much blood and died anyways. 

She was done with her list....but whats this?  There were another two beatings she hadnt noticed.  Off she went...

Urist was consumed by a lust for blood she had never known.  She was blinded by it, marching into the room of the next dwarf on her list without even realizing who it was and what the consequences would be.  There was the Elder Scion of the House of Erib, Mayor of Blockedlance sleeping in his bed.  With no mercy, and yet not exactly with rage either, she robotically and mechanically crushed the mans face in, then split his rib cage open with her bare hands.  His family would find his guts pulled out and arranged in a lovely display.

Yes, Urist killed eleven dwarves that day, two of them Eribites.  There was only one beating left now, for the High Priestess.  Urist scoffed at such a ridiculous idea.  Armok worshippers were above the law.  She went back to her Queenly duties.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:20:48 pm by MrGimp »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2009, 12:35:41 pm »

Even if he were evil, what did Urist care?  The naive young 50 year old that had come to Blockedlance so many years ago had grown hard and bitter.  Her beard had grown long, her brow wrinkled, her face pressed in a grimace.  She was also in her mid 70s now, and was feeling the effects of her dwarven mid-life crisis.  She was finding grey hairs in her beard, her gut was fat, her boobs were saggy, and when she drank too much sunshine, she sure as hell felt it the next day.  She was aging.  Time was a dirty son of a bitch.  She would do anything to live forever...and all that was being asked of her was that she sacrifice other dwarves, inferior dwarves, dwarves without thought or feeling.  They were the dwarven cattle after all, and Armok had to eat!

Try being over 1000.
Eternal youth is a bit far-fetched, but Mogror managed eternal old-age.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:58:44 pm by Maggarg - Eater of chicke »
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2009, 02:04:33 pm »

What does Urist's full skill list look like at the moment?

I see three legendaries.  Are there any others?

Madmonkey24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2009, 06:16:58 pm »

I am a sex god.

Also, murder is Dwarfy.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2009, 10:53:17 pm »

Fitting song. Great story. Heres another fitting song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »

I believe I have found a song that fits Urist very nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuK2A1ZqoWs
And I mean figuratively, not by subject matter.
But then again, some of the phrases do fit Urist pretty well..
For people who are useless in figuring things out, read spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and I approve of your actions even as a ghost, Urist.
Keep up the good(?) work!

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2009, 11:05:37 pm »

Awesome how you turned Urist into both a sympathetic character and a vicious, unlikable bitch and wrapped it up all into the same thing!

Since all the cool kids on the forum are doing it, I'll have a dwarf, the permenant Captain of The Guard that is appointed after Urist's massacre.

I'll have an axe, mace or crossbow, and obviously, a loyalty to both the nobles, Urist, and Ber Steelearthen!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #403 on: April 25, 2009, 03:44:08 am »

Christes - Nah just those three legendary skills.  Shes pretty good at metalsmithing and furnace operating, but I stopped training her in that a while back.  Ill get her back on it eventually.

Guy Montag - Sure Ill get you a dwarf.

Hey guess what I just realized right now while playing a little bit before I go to bed?  That Eribite Farmer that Urist killed and left spread out on his bed was actually the elder male of the house.  The wife has now taken his place as Mayor.  I guess Ill have to re-write that last post just a tad....the Queen beating the Elder Eribite with her bare fists while he slept in his bed is a pretty big plot element.  Im tired from all the sewer brew and rat weed Ive consumed tonight....Ill edit that post tomorrow.

In the meantime, check out the first page of this thread, I put a map up and the table of contents actually links to the chapters.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #404 on: April 25, 2009, 03:03:12 pm »

Ok I edited that post.  Oh and heres four short clips of Urist on that killing spree.  I originally intended to edit them all into one long killing scene, but I tried to do that with the CMV editor and it didnt work.  So heres the four short execution scenes anyways, just for the extra blood.  Its the Jewel of Life afterall.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1305-queenmurder1

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1306-queenmurder2

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1307-queenmurder3

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1308-queenmurder4

In scene three Christes witnesses the execution of a squadmate.  So thats Lady Christes and Lord Bowbeard who have lost squadmates to Urist and watched it happen.  There are a TON of red arrows all over!  But, Ive seen that before and didnt get a tantrum spiral.   :'(
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 164