Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131164 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!
« Reply #1530 on: December 14, 2011, 11:05:05 pm »

... Eh?

Oh.

OH!

...Eh?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 15, 2011, 01:38:43 am »

... Eh?

Oh.

OH!

...Eh?

All will be revealed...at some point :D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 18, 2012, 02:01:51 am »

I continue to wait in suspense.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 27, 2012, 10:10:32 pm »

Apoligies all, I really need to stop getting distracted by stuff...I'm just so easily distracted!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 27, 2012, 10:37:39 pm »

Apoligies all, I really need to stop getting distracted by stuff...I'm just so easily distracted!
Don't worry, it happens to the- OOH! SHINY!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 04, 2012, 02:25:58 am »

"Look out!" Kigok shouted as he pushed one of his squadmates aside and dove backwards as a boulder sailed overhead to crash through the roof of one of the greenhouses. Several more rocks overshot the walls to land among the buildings.

Springing to his feet Kigok peppered the enemy with a round of bolts before dropping back into cover behind the masonry. As he reloaded and enjoyed the sounds of the enemy screaming as his shots impacted the Marksman glanced out over the damage the surface buildings had taken. Most of the damage was minor though Orwen's glass tower had taken a direct hit and not even the masterful work of Legolord could stand up. Only hasty reinforcements from the Masons had prevented the structure from collapsing entirely.

Kanet ducked into a roll as the skeleton's sword cut the air above his head, regaining his footing behind the creature and planting his dagger in the back of it's bleached skull. Around him the rest of Thunder Squad fought bravely against the enemy force that was trying to take the Northern Outpost. Hammerdwarf was nearly inviable within a cloud of bone dust that had risen as his twin warhammers slammed into skeletons with crushing force.

The young Dwarf who chose to go by the name Darth Vader was chasing a retreating group of Kobolds, cutting the cowardly vermin to pieces with his sword and leaving his black armor spattered with blood. Hugo and Ahra fought back to back, their axes severing limbs and tearing through armor like cloth. A deep rumble shook the battlefield as a dozen Goblin soldiers vanished screaming into a chasm that opened beneath their feet and closed just as fast.

Raising his sword Thunderclan's Leader charged into a mass of chittering Servants, sweeping through their flimsy hide as their fangs and claws broke against his armor. A brief movement in the corner of his eye was the only warning he had of the volley of bolts hurtling toward him, raising his shield to block the projectiles as several of the expendable Servants became pincusions around him.

The tide of battle parted as the archer stalked over the grass. Moving on four spindly legs like a bug the creatures upper half was more humanoid, including the quartet of arms that each held a crossbow. Flipping the arrow-riddled shield onto his back Kanet gripped his sword with both hands and charged, zigzaging slightly to throw off the creature's aim.

Closing the distance the Dwarf leapt forward, swinging wildly as he sailed past and leaving a deep gash in the beast's side. Howling with pain the thing turned in time to get a sword driven into it's armored hide. The hilt was torn out of Kanet's hands as the creature flailed backwards. Cursing he quickly drew his mace and leapt forward again, taking a single bolt to the hip before he could get close enough to bash the archer's head with the mace.

Shattering one arm and snatching the crossbow from it, Kanet planted a bolt in the thing's face as his sword finally did it's job. The chunks of magno embedded in the hilt sparking with electricity that then arced up the blade and into the archer's body. The Servant collapsed in agony as the powerful gems sent more lightning into him.

As the beast slumped in death Kanet tugged his sword out, watching as the stones light softened to a very pale glow...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New artifact sword, don't have a name for it but I felt that Kanet should have at least one artifact weapon in his personal armory :)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 19, 2012, 03:36:07 am »

I'm a bit late, but that's pretty rad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 20, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »

Please, at the rate I update you might have been late sometime in March :D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 31, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »

Ok, I'm just disgusted with myself now, no excuse for leaving this sit for so long.

Updates will resume TONIGHT! And this story will reach whatever conclusion it comes to no later then the end of April!

I just hope one or two of you guys are still with me...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 31, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »

*waves*
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:16 pm »

“What are they doing?” Kanet asked as he reached the top of the wall and came to a halt beside one of the Engineers, who was keeping an eye on the enemy camp with a telescope.

“Looks like they are preparing for something big, their smiths have been sharpening weapons all morning so I would expect the next fight to come soon.” The Dwarf replied, never taking his eye from the lens.

“You think it will be another test of our defenses?” Kanet inquired.

“Nay, I doubt the demon is patient enough to wait much longer. And with us being the last of our kind I imagine his troops won’t be willing to wait either. This will be a big one…”

The words of the Engineer proved true. As the light began to dim and the torches were lit along the walls horns sounded throughout the enemy camp. The Warriors were already in position along the walls or in the courtyard and were able to watch the enemy’s movements.

A column of Goblin infantry marched out of the camp, taking up position a few yards out and raising their shields against any flying bolts. Behind these lines engineers wheeled catapults into place, a light glow revealing the magic within the engines.

Finally, leading a squad of black armored Goblins came the leader of the assault. A Dwarf clad neck to toe in thick steel plate. More magic could be seen in the designs engraved into the metal. Instead of the weapon and shield combo his squad favored the Dwarf wore a pair of swords on his waist. But it was the soldier’s face that sent murmurs along the walls. It appeared that Thunderclan’s renowned Decapitator had turned traitor.

Kanet swung around to inspect the faces of those in the courtyard. Spotting the Decapitator squad clustered around Derek the Leader breathed a sigh of relief and waved him over. The joy on the Dwarf’s face at the prospect of a great battle melted away as he laid eyes on the impostor on the ground. Anger replaced the joy as without a word Derek shoved past Kanet and leapt from the wall, rolling as he hit the ground and coming to his feet.

The impostor laughed as the furious Dwarf stalked across the grass towards him. “Ah, Derek. So nice of you to walk into our trap without any trouble.” The impostor said with a cruel smile.

“You impersonate me to draw me into a fight.” Derek said, tilting his head thoughtfully to one side. “You must be one of the less intelligent members of this army.”

“Please, even a warrior such as yourself has no chance against my forces. Surrender and perhaps Uktang will allow you a quick death.” The doppleganger said with a laugh.

“Hmmm. You could be right.” Derek said, worry obvious in his voice. A second later three of the impostor’s squad crumpled to the ground without even a peep, a dagger lodged cleanly in each Goblin’s throat. “However.” Derek said, lowering the hand that had thrown the daggers. “It should be fun to find out.”

With a wild grin the Decapitator drew his twin blades, the multitude of gems in each weapon catching the light of the torches. “Let’s find out who is the stronger here!” He shouted before charging at the stunned Goblins, leaping into the air and diving swords first into their midst, cutting down a pair of pikegobs as he landed…

I believe a couple hundred Goblins and a magically created version of himself should be good odds for our favorite Decapitator, don't you think? :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 31, 2012, 11:12:00 pm »

The last of the old guard facing off against an evil version of himself?

Yes... this will do nicely...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 31, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »

Well you did request such a thing I do believe :)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 31, 2012, 11:17:51 pm »

It's been a year or two, I have no idea what the hell anyone did anymore.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 31, 2012, 11:18:14 pm »

As the Pikegobs fell dead the rest of the column regained their sense and closed in. Laughing with wild pleasure the Thunderclan Warrior launched himself at the nearest enemy, swinging one sword at the soldier’s head and sliding the other into his belly as the Goblin raised his shield to block the first sword. Flinging the dying greenskin over his head and into it’s fellows Derek continued wading into the middle of the Goblin line, cutting through armor and removing limbs.

Derek only paused once, to glare at the walls as a bolt embedded itself in an axegobs forehead. “Stay out of this Kanet! This is my fight!” He shouted as he decapitated another swordgob. The grass was quickly becoming slippery from all the goblin blood being spilled and Derek used this to his advantage, sliding across the wet ground and cutting down another dozen Goblin soldiers before he lost momentum.

Those on the wall watched silently, crossbows set aside after Derek’s angry shout. They simply watched as one of their own tore through the largest force any lone Dwarf had ever faced. As the decidedly one sided battle continued light cheers broke out every time a Goblin head went flying and soon the whole group were cheering on their brother in arms.

At least a hundred green skinned soldiers had fallen to the whirling blades of the Hellbringer and the survivors were starting to panic, several breaking away as the blood soaked Dwarf charged through the dwindling lines.

Those that fled fared little better as they found themselves cut down by the blades of the doppleganger’s soldiers, who had broken into small groups and begun to close in around the Dwarf, still confident in their leader’s belief that they could kill this giant thorn in the side of the Goblin people…

Yes, I am downplaying the fight with the Goblin infantry, since really they are nothing but sword fodder here. The real battle focus will be with the Doppleganger and his squad.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106