Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131155 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!
« Reply #1560 on: April 02, 2012, 03:14:48 pm »

Approximately how proficient am I with the short sword? I doubt any one dwarf - even an uberdwarf such as mine - could carry enough bolts to take out an army of that size.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:33 pm »

Argonnek, did you forget we're off game now? :P

I trained both you and Kanet to mastery of all weapons before losing the files though so you would be Legendary with a sword. And it's true, no one can carry enough bolts for the truly vast army you face. I figure Argonnek is probably carrying a couple hundred bolts of different varieties...possibly including some other new ammo then what I've already shown.

Since this is the finale I'm going to say that each Warrior is a Legendary with their chosen weapons. The civilian militia is probably around Competent with their weapons.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 03, 2012, 11:53:18 am »

Ok, wow. I find it quite appropriate that our final battle coincides with the darkest hour of the Clans:

"The darkest hour the Clans have ever faced has dawned. Hopes will be shattered and heroes will rise as the warriors fight for their very survival."

I can think of no better time to end it :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 03, 2012, 01:24:02 pm »

"Why are you here?" Kanet asked, staring at the dead Leader.

"Kanet, you've been to Armok's realm, you've seen the training grounds there. What did you think we were training for? We've been preparing for this battle for years and now we plan to give Uktang a true surprise." Fireheart replied.

Further conversation was interrupted by a thunderous shaking of the ground that sent both Dwarves and enemies sprawling. The once calm surface of the magma pipe was quickly turned violent, and suddenly exploded, flinging magma in all directions and leaving a squad of Kobolds screaming as their armor melted.

A great lizard rose from the magma, a single gold clad figure directing it as it clambered out and shook itself, flinging more magma around. It was swiftly followed by two more whose riders directed them over to the first as more figures began rising from the lava.

Dozens of figures clad in the same golden armor rose up in groups, drawing weapons and seperating into squads the moment they set foot on the ground. More whispers spread throughout the Flamebanner Dwarves as symbols engraved onto the armor of different soldiers was recognized.

"Amazing..." Argonnek breathed as she watched Iton, the legendary Wielder of Mind Bolts walk by with his squad. Elsewhere Wok and Derek were boasting about their skill at decapitating things. Shedim was telling Eddaz about her escape from Spiderthorn and even Barbarossa was present, apparently having traded in his architect's gear for a double bladed spear that he carried with confidence.

"My Deputy, you've done well out here but I hope you won't turn away our help." Firetower said as he came to where Fireheart and Kanet were standing. "After all, every Dwarf here has a grudge of one form or another to settle with this foe."

"You are welcome of course Doldinn, and you as well Fireheart." Kanet said with a nod.

"Nice to see that getting tossed around by Titans hasn't hurt your mind brother." Another voice said as Tanak Masam joined the group while more gold clad Warriors joined the lines...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 pm »

"Thunderclan is not the only one present today Kanet." Fireheart said after giving the surprised Leader and his brother a few moments.

"Thunderclan, Riverclan, Windclan, Skyclan and Shadowclan are all present. Every Warrior, every Dwarf willing to learn to use a weapon. We even have the great Warrior Amud, first Leader of Thunderclan." Firetower said.

"Even the nobility have found a purpose in Armok's realm, training as hard as anyone, though to be honest I think they just like the gold armor." Fireheart said with a grin.

"Now, I'm sure our enemies have recovered from their surprise by now so I think the time has come to return to our squads." Fireheart said while the magma exploded up once more as a group of Phoenix's took to the air, their riders armed with crossbows and spears and being led by a Warrior clad in blood red armor...

One guess who the guy on the lead Phoenix is

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 03, 2012, 01:47:05 pm »

The list of newly arrived squads (Again, many more Dwarves and squads then listed)

Armok’s Warriors

Phoenix Riders

Armok (God of Blood) Great Sword
Zieg (WoA) (Sword)
Birut (WoA) Sword
Tekkud (WoA) Axe
Amud (WoA) Sword

Bonebreakers of Armok

Sir Nil (Warrior of Armok) Hammer
Bubbles (WoA) Mace
Fred the Femur (WoA) Mace
Bob (WoA) Mace

Decapitators of Armok

Wok (Warrior of Armok) Twin Shortswords
Hawkfrost (WoA) Axe
Arzez (WoA) Longsword
Kornash (WoA) Swords

Marksmen of Armok

Iton (Wielder of Mind Bolts) Crossbow
Tanak Masam (WoA) Crossbow
Volal Togal (WoA) Knives, Crossbow
Govos (WoA) Crossbow
Mamgoz (WoA) Crossbow

Destroyers of Armok

Doldinn Firetower (Former Thunderclan Leader) Spears
Zu Ende (WoA) Mace
Etest Kudar (WoA) Twin Swords
Catten (WoA) Hammer
Tamunshin (WoA) Axe

The Flaming Guard

Fireheart (Former Thunderclan Leader) Short Sword, Shield
Tarmid (WoA) Longsword
Nekik (WoA) Twin Axes
Tharnas (WoA) Swords
Sarek (WoA) Twin Hammers
Barbarossa (WoA) Double-Bladed Spear, Spears
Legolord (WoA) Glass sword and daggers

Magma Lizards

Domas (Magma Lizard Beastmaster) Hammer
Ingtak (Magma Lizard Beastmaster) Hammer
Mingkil (Magma Lizard Beastmaster) Hammer

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 03, 2012, 09:10:36 pm »

I still think Wok should have tamed Death back in the old days. You kids nowadays have no respect for the art of de-limbing and head removal. Little punks, strollin around on my yard... I had to walk eighteen miles, uphill, through snow, to decapitate just one goblin! And the walk back was uphill through lava!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 03, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »

Oi, I killed myself and lived to tell the tale! Show some respect!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 03, 2012, 09:59:23 pm »

Why waste time disassembling them when I can just mow them down with crossbow fire? Efficiency is key.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 08, 2012, 12:50:59 am »

Oh wow, Bubbles, Barbarossa, Speardwarf (Firetower), and Hammerdwarf will all be participating. Should be an exciting battle!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 08, 2012, 04:22:12 am »

Sorry guys, seems the fates are against me keeping my promises in regards to the story. Mucked up my arm (not at all sure how) and can't type for very long before it starts hurting...One handed typing is just not an option...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:43 am »

Well it is, just a very slow one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »

It's not about wasting time, it's how much fun you have watching goblins explode against trees. You guys didn't ever get that? Shame.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 18, 2012, 01:19:42 pm »

And I'm back to work :) Update will be forthcoming

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 18, 2012, 01:45:10 pm »

Uktang had watched with glee as the Dwarven lines were reinforced by the gold clad Warriors from Armok's realm. But when the Phoenix riders arrived with Armok himself in the lead he had burst into laughter. "Armok himself has come to aid his dying people! Today we crush both the Dwarven people and the God of Blood! Attack!" He bellowed at his troops.

Inarticulate screams and terrifying war cries rose from the lines as Goblins and Kobolds charged, followed by hundreds of the Vlagh's hooded Servants. As the distance between the two armies vanished Argonnek and Iton shouted orders and their marksmen began firing while the engineers on the walls fired every catapult and ballista.

Rocks rained down, crushing dozens and throwing others off their feet from the impact while the massive ballista bolts tore through armor and Goblin flesh. Explosions tore through a group of Servants as one of Iton's bolts struck and with a bit of concentration, detonated, taking out the entire group. Argonnek's fire was no less dangerous as she sent magno tipped bolts flying, the strange gems leaving numerous electrocuted bodies behind.

As the now smaller wave of enemies reached the line, the crossbowmen exchanged their crossbows for more suitable weapons...
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106