Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: RTD - Into the Depths!  (Read 36274 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Into the Depths!
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2008, 09:17:09 am »

Okay, that was a good use for a turn. Wondering why everybody left me alone, I wander out into the hallway where they all are. Noticing that Banzayatc is injured, I help him. I then yell at him for getting hurt.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2008, 08:24:26 pm »

I repeat what I was trying last turn.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:24 pm »

Heres the turn, god help you... :

Banzayatc: (5+1-2 = 4) You quickly wake and feel immense pain in your head and you evoke the amulet's powers to help yourself. The pain fades away and you scramble to your feet.

Cheeetar: (5) Thinking quickly, you realise that you must save Ban before he gets his head mashed into a pulp. You then run around the ogre quickly, shouting and waving your arms to confuse it. Your lucky that it isn't very intelligent and it sits down, dizzy after spinning around. (Ogre does no attacks this turn)

Akroma: (3) You are about to approach the ogre to set it on fire but you hear a loud scream behind you that seems to come from webadict...

Webadict: (2) You start to raise your whip but suddenly a large black wolf pounces out of the darkness at you! (1) It goes for your throat! (5) But you manage to duck under it's leap. The wolf lands behind you and you spin around in time to see it rush at you again! (5) You jump to the side as it rushes by you and you breathe a sigh of relief. That wolf is unusually fast! It stops, turns and growls at you in a nasty way.

Nirur Torir: (4) You promptly yell at banzayatc for being clumsy and feel a bit better afterwards. He doesn't need help.

Pandarsenic: (5) Deciding that you can't use your shield at the same time that you evoke your staff, you decide to just use the staff instead. And to great effect as a bolt of necro energy leaps towards the ogre! (6) It ducks and the bolt comes racing back at (3) YOU! (4) You manage to put your staff in the way and it reabsorbs the energy.

(5) The black wolf suddenly rears back and howls into the darkness behind it! Webadict hears the clicking of claws on stone as (1) 4 wolves appear out of the darkness! They look like normal wolves however and are nowhere as big as the black one. They all start snarling at Webadict.

-------------------------

Status':

Ogre:
Wields a large wooden club
3 broken ribs, large burn on lower body

Black wolf:
Bigger than other wolves, abnormally fast (2 attacks instead of 1)
Unharmed

Wolf 1:
Unharmed

Wolf 2:
Unharmed

Wolf 3:
Unharmed

Wolf 4:
Unharmed

Akroma:
Tough, proficient in psychology
Items: Has a burning torch in hand, Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wearing: A masterpiece leather chestpiece (+1 to damage rools to your chest and arms), a pair of standard leather gloves, decent quality leather chaps and magically enchanted leather high boots of dexterity (+1 to dexterity dependant actions)
Wounds: Unharmed

Nirur Torir:
Agile, Disciple of Levia (+1 to actions involving Levia's help)
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, ulility belt (not worn), rope over shoulder (break resistant)
Wielding: A steel flanged mace (+1 to damage), Steel bladed dagger, steel rimmed wooden buckler

Webadict:
Agile, Can withstand large amounts of alcohol, was a beggar in life (+1 to searching)
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wielding: a torturers whip
Wounds: Small bruise on left arm

Banzayatc:
Lucky, +1 to healing with amulet
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, utility belt (not worn)
Wielding: steel battle axe and a steel hatchet (both +1 to damage) (-2 to hit because of dual wielding)
Wearing: Amulet of Natures love (wearer can heal other peoples wounds over time, wearer is always at peace with animals and will not be attacked by them unless they strike first, wearer is resistant to poisons of all kinds)
Wounds: Fractured skull (healing so no penalties)

Pandarsenic:
Lucky, basic necromancy
Wielding: A decent quality necromancers staff, A steel masterpiece tower tower shield (+ 2 to block if specified in action, +1 if not)

Cheetar:
Knows how to fight with one handed swords and daggers, knows how to sneak, knows how to make different basic poisons, bad attitude to unuseful people (-1 to charisma)

Friendly NPC's: None

Food: 12 turns left
Water: 15 turns left

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2008, 11:33:09 pm »

I whip as many of the less lethal wolves as I can

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2008, 01:28:52 am »

I'll just keep repeating that until it works.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2008, 02:13:49 am »

All the wolves are lethal webadict. One more so perhaps, but this depends on the mood of the dice.

Someone should, you know, HELP WEBADICT?! He's outnumbered and inexperienced, and losing people right now would not be in everyone's best interest.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2008, 02:19:28 am »

I roar at the wolves, hoping to scare them away or attract them to me instead of webadict.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:36:56 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2008, 05:06:10 am »

I help Cheetar. Being proficent at psychology, I will help him to think like a wolf before he starts scaring them away
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2008, 05:19:57 am »

I try to calm the wolves with my druidic abilities.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2008, 07:37:48 am »

I try to befriend and peacefully pacify the ogre. Good ogre, nice ogre, have a food ration, ogre. We don't want to hurt you, and so you shouldn't hurt us. We want merely to pass.

Fine. I'll encourage Banzayatc, in an attempt to improve his roll.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:45:08 am by Nirur Torir »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2008, 11:31:39 am »

Its not that stupid. And it clearly despises all of you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:39 am »

You clearly underestimate the stupidity of ogres, combined with a (5).  ;)

However, if you say it won't work, then I'll just help Banzayatc.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2008, 11:06:46 pm »

Here goes...

You just got TURNed!:

Webadict: (5) Fearlessly, you raise you whip and lash out at as many wolves at once! (3) You hit wolf 3 and 2. (1)(3) You lash out the eye of one of wolf 2 and (3)(3) tear a big gash in the body of wolf 3.

Pandarsenic: (6) Having more than enough with the ogre, you summon a large amount of necro energy and unleash it in a torrent of sheer power! (+1 to damage) (2) You somehow manage to miss completely. You feel a bit drained and are tired. And you also feel a bit stupid for missing.

Cheeetar/Akroma: (2)(2) You mew weakly and akroma knows nothing about how a wolf would think. (3) Wolf 1 turns its attention to Cheeetar though, so thats good. Maybe.

Banzayatc/Nirur Torir: (1)(6) Banzayatc doesn't know a thing about calming wolves using druidic abilities. Perhaps its because he's NOT A DRUID?! Nirur however is the disciple of Levia, goddess of life and she decides to aid him by temporary empowering him with the ability to let out a shockwave of harmless energy to stun the wolves! He does nothing at the moment though, waiting for the perfect moment instead.

The ogre sees that Pandarsenic is a danger and attempts to make pancake mix out of him! (1) It's still dizzy though and misses completely, instead it trips itself. (4) It quickly gets back up though.

The wolves attack!

Wolf 1 goes for Cheeetar! (3) Cheetar gets bitten on the arm! (5) But manages to hit the wolf in the head with his fist before getting serious damage.

Wolf 2 decides to attack webadict in a rage! (3) It goes for his lower left leg, hoping to trip him! (1) It clamps onto his calf and drags him down, tearing his muscles! (-1 to movement, moderate pain, medium bleeding, -1 to dodge on ground)

Wolf 3 sees that webadict is vunerable and attacks him! (6-1 = 5) But wolf 2 gets in the way and it misses him.

Wolf 4 pounces at webadict also! (3-1 = 2) It clamps onto his lower left arm at the command of the black wolf! (Another -1 to dodge) (4) It's only a hold though and does no real damage except for some small shallow cuts.

The black wolf seems like its grinning at webadict, prowls around for a bit and attacks him savagely! (3-2 = 1! Sorry man) It goes straight for the source, his neck! (3) Its only a shallow bite as if it was teasing him. Small cuts only. It rears back, howls to the roof and attacks again! (5-2 = 3) It clamps onto his shoulder! (1, ouch) It's a nasty one this time, and it breaks his shoulder and tears the muscles in his right shoulder, rendering his right arm useless!

(3) Webadict feels like his body is on fire, with the origin at his shoulder and neck. Something is wrong... (2) Webadict fades into unconciousness. (-2 to actions)

Status':

Ogre:
Wields a large wooden club
Attacking Pandarsenic
3 broken ribs, large burn on lower body

Black wolf:
Bigger than other wolves, abnormally fast (2 attacks instead of 1)
Attacking Webadict
Unharmed

Wolf 1:
Attacking Cheeetar
Bruised head

Wolf 2:
Attacking Webadict
Missing left eye, moderate bleeding

Wolf 3:
Attacking Webadict
Large gash on body, moderate bleeding

Wolf 4:
Attacking Webadict
Unharmed

Akroma:
Tough, proficient in psychology
Items: Has a burning torch in hand, Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens
Wearing: A masterpiece leather chestpiece (+1 to damage rools to your chest and arms), a pair of standard leather gloves, decent quality leather chaps and magically enchanted leather high boots of dexterity (+1 to dexterity dependant actions)

Nirur Torir:
Agile, Disciple of Levia (+1 to actions involving Levia's help)
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, ulility belt (not worn), rope over shoulder (break resistant)
Wielding: A steel flanged mace (+1 to damage), Steel bladed dagger, steel rimmed wooden buckler

Webadict:
Agile, Can withstand large amounts of alcohol, was a beggar in life (+1 to searching)
Wielding: a torturers whip
Wounds: Small bruise on left arm, Muscles ripped in right calf (-1 to movement), Small cuts on lower left arm, small cuts on neck, RAVAGED right shoulder (right arm useless), broken bones in right shoulder, extreme pain, serious bleeding, unconcious (-2 to actions)

Banzayatc:
Lucky, +1 to healing with amulet
Items: Pack with food in it, 2 water canteens, utility belt (not worn)
Wielding: steel battle axe and a steel hatchet (both +1 to damage) (-2 to hit because of dual wielding)
Wearing: Amulet of Natures love (wearer can heal other peoples wounds over time, wearer is always at peace with animals and will not be attacked by them unless they strike first, wearer is resistant to poisons of all kinds)
Wounds: Fractured skull (healing so no penalties)

Pandarsenic:
Lucky, basic necromancy
Wielding: A decent quality necromancers staff, A steel masterpiece tower tower shield (+ 2 to block if specified in action, +1 if not)

Cheetar:
Knows how to fight with one handed swords and daggers, knows how to sneak, knows how to make different basic poisons, bad attitude to unuseful people (-1 to charisma)

Friendly NPC's: None

Food: 11 turns left
Water: 14 turns left

By the way, if you live through this encounter, then it may not be all that bad. Just a hint here, nothing spoilerish.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2008, 11:18:30 pm »

I think you can guess my action....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2008, 11:24:50 pm »

I think you can guess my action....
No, it's my action he can guess.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23