Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45697 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2008, 11:42:03 am »

Bizarrely enough, I hoped Astor to be faster than the giant bird.

On to the turn! Astor sprints towards the beach as instructed, and tries to find out who this person is. Now mind you his words will be few and short. Watch as he takes a couple seconds thinking of the proper words.

He also keeps his eyes open for food. We do need to eat, and only Flat is capable of eating their dispatched enemies. He personally believes Xix to think herself above such things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2008, 03:12:03 pm »

Alright, so, Turn 6 shall come in a while! Most likely a good deal later, but today/tonight for sure. First though, I must determine what shall happen since everyone missed the little hint I made (no changing your turns now :P). Then again, I did conceal it well, aside from a single sentence, and you probably all thought of it as a mistake. Muahahaha, feel the tension!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2008, 04:10:24 pm »

So... What was it? The movement in the bushes? Or was that Zak? I assumed it was Zak.

Anyway, why didn't we subdue and try to communicate with one of those weird creatures?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 05:27:33 pm »

They were quick buggers with sharp pointy things. They shot at us.

I would imagine it difficult to capture one unless we had a well-placed bear-trap.

Hmm... Something to look out for...
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2008, 06:21:12 pm »

you think those are strange things inaluct? I can think of two stranger things:
- 4/6 players are boring lowtech human fighters.
- nobody have any underwear in their inventory. O_o

Also I'm quite sure that's the LENGTH (or a bent measurement of the spine, even) not the HEIGHT, she's only over 2m if she stands on her hind legs stretching which she generally doesn't.
Also, being half lion is only a plus, why would you say it like it's something negative?

I hope the turn is soon...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2008, 06:39:25 pm »

- 4/6 players are boring lowtech human fighters.
- nobody have any underwear in their inventory. O_o
Actually, I've got underwear. I was planning on being less of a standard human, but we haven't been near the water too much. Otherwise, I'd be trying to talk to octopi and stuff.
Also I'm quite sure that's the LENGTH (or a bent measurement of the spine, even) not the HEIGHT, she's only over 2m if she stands on her hind legs stretching which she generally doesn't.
That makes a lot of sense, actually.  :P
Also, being half lion is only a plus, why would you say it like it's something negative?
Well, if I saw a lion with a human head, the first thing that would run through my mind would be "OH GOD A LION-THING I'VE GOT TO GET IN A CAR," or something along those lines.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2008, 07:31:14 pm »

I didn't think I had to mention the fact that my character was wearing ____ Underwear, engraved with the finest _____ bla bla bla bla bla...

If it really means my character isn't wearing underwear though...commando?

.__.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2008, 08:50:12 pm »

Well, Astor isn't wearing pants or underwear, if that makes you feel any better.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2008, 08:59:30 pm »

Well, Astor isn't wearing pants or underwear, if that makes you feel any better.
:o

When is the update?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2008, 10:57:11 pm »

Sorry for the delay. Also, a note I should make due to Flat's turn, constant sprinting and such actions do have an effect on stats as well as skills, however stat effects take longer to become apparent. Your turn gave you a good jump to an increase though ;)

Also, posting before updating first page, so the first page will be updated shortly.

e: also, I missed level-ups. Editing that in now

Turn 6
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: I carry Abronycus while following everyone. I'll run ahead too, because running is fun. If I get too far ahead, I'll run back to the group and keep doing that! Hope Abronycus has fun.
Astor: I sprint towards the beach as instructed, and try to find out who this person is. Now mind you my words will be few and short. Watch as I take a couple seconds thinking of the proper words. I also keep my eyes open for food. We do need to eat, and only Flat is capable of eating their dispatched enemies. I personally believe Xix to think herself above such things.
Xix: I send Astor down to the beach to see what it was moving there. I take Gaweir, Abronychus and "the Chocobo" with me to the village. "I already HAVE a plan of action, once I put it into Flowchart4d.exe I'll show you." If I get time over from conversation and can do it while walking, I take out the rings and try to "feel" around them to see what they do and at least if they really are magical. In the village, using Gaweir as a translator I try to get some hut for us to use as a base, if time left, I set up my laptop in there, using the telekinesis wand to mount the Solar Cell Charger on the roof.
Gaweir: I converse with Xix about the Towers on our way to the village, and tell her she must be mistaken about the figure she spotted down at the beach. When we arrive, I propose we formulate a plan of action, as we can't possibly just sit around and do nothing.
Abronychus: I'm going to ride on top of Feathered Light Abronychus Transport and try to converse with him and learn to speak Giant Bird. I'll keep my eyes open for any unusual plants and animals, too. If there are any dead or wounded tribesmen, I'll make sure we take them along.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a moment, Xix looked away from the fairly tall, standing figure, looking back at the group.

"Until we get to the village, we're still in a good deal of danger. Astor, why don't you go and see who the figure is down by the beach? It may be another surviving crewman we missed. The rest of us will go to the village and make sure everything is alright there."
"Right."

With that, Astor began to sprint off back down the path, as Xix, Gaweir, and Flat, still carrying Abronychus, began to move towards the village, with the remaining spear man leading and the two bowman covering the rear. The spear man, with Gaweir's aid, questioned if Xix was sure they should leave the area before it was fully checked out, but she only smiled and stated that she had a plan. Gaweir also inquired to Xix about the towers Flat spoke of, however she knew little about them, and had seen nothing before about such landmarks on the internet. He also said there was probably no figure back at the beach, but Xix replied little harm could be done sending Astor, and in the case something was there, it would be all the better. The rest of the rather short journey was uneventful; the jungle was calm and clear, but at the same time quite bare of interesting things. Inquiring the spear man as to why this was, he explained that most of the useful objects were probably already taken by villagers who had foraged out here. Other than this, most of the trip's speaking was done by Abronychus and Flat, who was attempting to teach Abronychus about his language using simple amounts of pointing and other gestures.

Astor, meanwhile, took a near identical amount of time in sprinting down to near the shore, where he found a very tall, possibly 7'7", but quite hideous human. He looked as any other human, but his muscles were quite large, his face had yellow eyes and a larger-than-normal forehead, with long black hair that only barely covered his head, due to it being so thin and sparse. On his left shoulder is a thick steel pauldron, covering the entire shoulder, and a small portion of his upper arm, attached by a thick leather strap. It had on it a neck guard as well. Other than a pair of thick leather pants and the pauldron, he wore nothing. He also had, in his right hand, a very large steel war axe, at least 1.5m long with a thick yet sharp blade. Astor looked on with a slight bit of shock, but realizing this was no crewman, his face quickly went to a stern one.

"You! Who are you? Can you speak?"

The being looked at Astor gruffly, lowering his axe and grinning.

"Yes, I can. By the look of your clothes, I know you are not from this village. So stand aside, if you will, and let me do my job, or I shall hack you to pieces!

Keeping his stern face, Astor backed slightly, intimidated greatly by this foe. He, however, shook off the intimidation and quickly took out his dagger and pointed it at the man, ready to face him.

"You may have greater strength than I, but I warn you, I'm far quicker!"

The man grinned and chuckled, unfazed.

"And are you prepared to test that theory?"

Reaching the village, the party found, with relief, everything to be quite peaceful. A good number of people were walking about and talking, around 35-40. Some were farming on a small plot of land, others worked diligently on crafting weaponry and armors, others tanned hides, weaved, or just talked to each other.

"Alright, time to put this plan into action. Gaweir, see if you can find a free hut to use."
"Sure thing."

While Gaweir went off, and Flat and Abronychus went running around the village, impressing a fair number of people with Flat, Xix took out the two rings she had found. Putting the first one on, she tried to move her body around, and try a few simple tasks, seeing if anything felt different. With the green ring, she could see a difference in her strength, however it was slight. The yellow ring had no visible effects, and would require greater tests to determine if it had any effects, or it would need a being with a stronger sense of enchantments.

While examining the rings, Xix noticed the spear man and archers go into the large hut. Judging by its size, it was either a barracks, town hall, or a large apartment-like building where everyone lived, with the smaller huts being for special purposes. Either way, after a decent while, they did not return. However, Gaweir did return, with good news! He explained that the hut farthest to the south-west was free for use. He also found a villager who had a compass, and although the villager wouldn't give the compass away, it still gave the party direction. Xix marked on her map which direction was north (top of map is north, right side is east, bottom is south, left side is west).

Following Gaweir, they soon found the hut. It was of a small size, only 35x35 feet (10.7x10.7 meters), however it was all one room, so for a single room it was fairly large. The roof is just barely slanted with porous yet sturdy long, smooth wooden sticks, along with the walls. The floor, however, is just dirt, however all noticeable rocks and pebbles have been removed, to make it more comfortable. There are two wall shelves stacked on top of each other on the west wall, each spanning the entire room, with a single window (not glass, just an opening). The south wall is completely bare, the east wall has a single window identical to the west wall, and the north wall is completely bare aside from a doorway (once again, just an opening, no actual door).

Exiting the hut, Xix and Gaweir noticed Flat and Abronychus stopped at the large building. The spear man had exited, and was taking Kogar's body away back inside, with the help of the two bowmen. Afterwards, they looked for a few moments, before noticing Gaweir and Xix, and bounding off to them.

"Without Gaweir, translating was difficult, but Flat helped me out with comprehension. They are going to perform a ritual on Kogar. I'm guessing its a burial ritual, to show respect, but what with those devilish creatures, who knows."

Abronychus jumped off of Flat's back and the group went back over to the hut. Xix, taking out her solar cell, pointed her wand at it and used its telekinetic powers to bring it to the ceiling of the hut. It became slightly difficult when it reach max height, however little was left to do except place it down. Once placed, Xix levitated a few sturdy sticks up as well to hold it. Grabbing a few more sticks, as well as a flat rock with the help of Abronychus and Gaweir, Xix made a stone desk, and brrought it inside the hut, where she placed her laptop, turned it on, and brought the charger's cord from through the ceiling into the suitable hole.

While the rest of the party was now preparing for what was to come, Astor had already encountered it. The brutish man brought his axe down on Astor single-handed, and with speed that was much quicker than Astor had expected. But his speed surpassed the cleave, and he quickly rolled to the left, and sprung to his feet seamlessly.

"You'll have to be faster than that!"

The man clenched his teeth in anger and swung his axe around him with even greater speed, apparently holding back the first swing. Astor dove forward and managed to duck beneath the blade, but the warrior was not stopping and continued the swing for a second whirl, this time lower. Astor quickly got to his feet and jumped away, the bottom of his sandal shaved off with ease. Finding a moment, he whipped out his slingshot and fired at the beast's head. Due to a quick shot, it only glanced off the side of his head, but even so a scratch should have came. But none did.

Stopping his whirlwind slice, the man charged forward at Astor, now using two hands for greater power and speed, and held his axe at his right side, his shoulder armor protecting his head and shoulder. As the brutish man swung, however, Astor leaped over the axe, his foot landing on the man's right shoulder, and pushed off with a powerful kick. This hit did bring the barbarian down for a moment, but he came back without any signs of damage.

"This is your last chance to run before I cleave your head off!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 2: Zak
Zak: I decide to follow them and identify what their purposes are. I will keep hidden though.

Dashing through the jungle, Zak approached the small squad on the path. Once he neared, he found it to be a group of four military men, armed with what looked to be some form of automatic assault rifles, and wearing kevlar armor, who had apparently been chasing a rather large bird, possibly five or six feet tall.

"Hehehe, come here birdy, we could use a good meal!"

The four men put away their rifles and drew out knives, most likely not wanting to waste ammunition. They quickly moved in on the bird and slaughtered in, and prompty dragged the corpse towards the village.

As Zak approached the village from in the jungle, what he found was quire surprising. The huts were not huts; they were tents. This seemed to be some sort of military outpost, with a large rock formation located at the north, where a few archaeologists were examining it. Multiple other archaeologists were around the area, conversing with one another, while other military personnel patrolled around. Two Apache helicopters were also present, but they were not running. Zak looked in awe at the many unfamiliar technologies, completely unsure what to do. He could tell the big picture was exploring the formation, but what was the point of the military? He supposed that a threat must be nearby, or is perceived to be. From a quick look, however, Zak saw no blood nor evidence of fighting.

Trying to figure out the full threat, Zak counted a total of 10 soldiers and 7 archaeologists. Moving through the jungle with incredible haste and precision, he managed to circle around directly behind the rock formation, however a decent ways from it. On it, he saw many markings, looking to be in some sort of language he had never seen, or could remember seeing at least. One archaeologist was behind it, looking at a single blue marking. The marking had the shape of an Ankh, however the Ankh's loop had no hole in it, and the loop was present on the top and bottom. The actual marking seemed to be more of a hole than a carving however, as if a piece was missing.

Flat:
 - Wounds: Pierced wing status=mostly treated effects=slight flying penalty (-flying), tired
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Carrying skill increased moderately. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Language skill increased slightly. Fast Movement skill increased greatly
            Flat's Fast Movement skill is now at level 2!

Astor:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired
 - Inventory: Lost 1 Smooth Stone. Sandal damaged slightly
 - Skills: Dodging skill increased moderately. Precision Movements skill increased slightly. Aiming skill increased slightly. Sling skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Intimidation skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: none
 - Inventory: Stone Ring (green gem) partially identified as a Ring of Strength
 - Skills: Attunement (detecting of enchantments on items) skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly

Abronychus:
 - Skills: Language skill increased moderately. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Riding skill increased moderately

Zak:
 - Skills: Fast Movement skill increased slightly. Precision Movements skill increased slightly
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:04:50 pm by Vaiolis »
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2008, 11:17:16 pm »

Astor recognizes that this foe is rather difficult, and backs off. He will follow this guy if he heads to the village, and otherwise try to join the group again without getting cleaved in half.

If time permits, and the axe-guy is not too close, he will try to shave off the bottom of his other undamaged sandal to compensate for height difference. As much as he dislikes damaging the clothes on his back, he recognizes that slight balance issues could cause problems.

As for having no pants: Imagine Romans, with their tunics going down to just above their knees. The belt helps keep it down, but running could cause some... problems. I advise other characters advise him on the importance of undergarments.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:56 pm »

Either Zak is hallucinating, or this isn't nearly as low-tech as I thought it was and I should have asked for a laser trident.  :P

Anyway, I'll look around the hut for anything unusual. If an armed stranger approaches the village (who is obviously not a villager), I'll hop on F.L.A.T. and hope that he runs at the stranger so I can joust them with my trident.

Looks like I got a necklace of archaeological value if Zak isn't hallucinating, at least.

Edit: If F.L.A.T. doesn't cooperate or the armed person has a gun, instead of jousting them, I'll do something devilishly clever;

I'll take the piece of pie out of my lunch box and hold it out at arms length while standing roughly 25 feet from them. If they appear hostile, I'll say;

"Wait. If you shoot me, I'll drop this delicious piece of pie. If you rush at me, I'll smash it."

"Think, for a second, whether doing either of those things is really worth it."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:16:50 am by inaluct »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2008, 11:38:57 pm »

Well come on! If I have to fight dudes with automatic weapons, do you really think my little old knights and shields outfit is gonna stop bullets?

Thats not the worse part. I attached my personality with the selfless tag. I'm so going down in a anticlimatic blaze of bullets or lazers...

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:46 pm »

Umm... I'll put on my amulet. After that, I'll go talk to some villagers, or something. Let them pet me! Woo! If anything bad happens, I guess I'll have to go with the flow.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2008, 12:19:45 am »

Okay, I added something to my action. If they shoot WorkerDrone's character, I should be able to get in enough climactic drama for both of us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36