Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Vaiolis' RPG - the old one!  (Read 45683 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaiolis' RPG
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 06:27:49 pm »

Combat isn't fully written, as Duke's character might engage in further fighting, and thus might change the situations of others involved, so there's plenty of room for editing :P

If anything, a bit of comedy (if you imagine the situation) would come from that action, so I'd be glad to edit that in.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2008, 07:06:09 pm »

Good!  :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2008, 10:07:53 pm »

Alright, time for postage!

Astor, relieved that Flat is not injured enough to be threatened, looks over to the woods where the combat took place. He takes out his knife and runs towards the combat preparing for whatever is in the brawl. If attacked, he will try to dodge to the side and kick the assailant. If he notices another person being attacked, he will assist them with his sling. If nothiong is happening, he will grumble and head back to Flat.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2008, 10:13:31 pm »

Huzzah, more combat! Turn will be up before the upcoming hour, I believe. Might be longer if I feel more descriptionism is needed.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2008, 10:54:39 pm »

This turn must be RELAY long, it has been "almost finished" for hours!
*towers menacingly*
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2008, 10:57:44 pm »

I apologize for that, Duke's turn has given me a whole slew of ideas. Won't be up by the hour, but by the next one for sure. It will be good I promise! Don't give me a nice room with a lever labeled "for fun, pull me!" please!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2008, 11:16:26 pm »

Fine, it's just the thing is that one hour may make the difference if I get to read it today or tomorrow, but it's not worth lowering the quality of it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2008, 11:43:08 pm »

For those who haven't read the entire turn, and might miss it, player #6 is now open!

Turn 4
Group 1: Flat, Astor, Xix, Gaweir, Abronychus
Flat: If anything comes back, I'm gonna start ripping things to shreds and biting its face off.
Astor: I, relieved that Flat is not injured enough to be threatened, look over to the woods where the combat took place. I take out my knife and run towards the combat preparing for whatever is in the brawl. If attacked, I will try to dodge to the side and kick the assailant. If I notice another person being attacked, I will assist them with my sling. If nothing is happening, I will grumble and head back to Flat.
Xix: I quickly rush forth when the fight finally ends, behead the dead creature with the scimitar (snatching it from in front of Abronychus nose, but not in a hostile it thieving manner) and throw the head far out at sea whit the staff, then I proceed to gather everyone, make sure everyone knows everything anyone knows, and write down it all in my notebook. I keep the scimitar. If attacked, I deflect arrows and disarm opponents from a distance.
Gaweir: I join Kogar, ready for combat. Beforehand, a spike of energy is released as I go into danger, activating my Magical Trait. Again, I try and spot attackers. I will also try and converse with Kogar again to learn what the weak spot is, so that I can combat the enemy effectively.
Abronychus: I'm going to ignore the scimitar and move towards Kogar and the other spear man. I'm keeping an eye on any movement in the bushes, and trying to be ready if another one of the creatures attacks. When I get to them, I'll try and inquire about what just attacked us and whether it's safe for Xix to be touching that weird scimitar. If possible, I'll try and tell them that there's a corpse over there, because as far as I know, it might be necessary to burn it.

With the last of the visible creatures dead, Gaweir, Abronychus, Astor, and Xix entered the jungle, gathering around Kogar and themselves preparing for anymore enemies that might come. Gaweir first closed his eyes for a moment, the entire area seeming to calm down and quiet around him. As he re-opened his eyes, everything seemed to be moving at a slightly slower pace, and all that was of little concern seemed quieter and faded, while living beings seemed more vivid. He then drew his longsword and kite shield, and taking a deep breath, prepared for what might come, and ran into the jungle to join the rest.

"So, what are these things anyway? I've never seen anything like them!

Gaweir turned to Kogar, and as best as he could phrased Abronychus' question, using multiple gestures.

"Sondren ent ay rahn inya, clar onsus dekre'end lantros dijens un rayindok. Reje kondru, makriin donchu entelstrek."

Kogar stated the last phrase by pounding his chest twice.

"He says that these are called the Rahn Inya. It's a rough translation, but I think they came from the volcano, and the only way they can be killed is a strong hit to the chest."

"So, that still doesn't really answer the question. They came from a volcano? What can Kogar tell us about them?"

Gaweir turned to Kogar again, and with a good deal of difficulty managed to get his question across. Kogar stated a few phrases to Gaweir, combined with multiple hand gestures.

"I guess Kogar knows little about them as well. He says that they are little different from us, aside from their agility, difficulty to kill, and savagery. I guess that means that they are pretty safe, once dead at least."

Xix went over to where Abronychus had killed the Rahn inya, grabbed its scimitar, and beheaded it.

"Better safe than sorry, right?"

Xix then promptly jabbed her staff into its head, and flung it high over the jungle tree tops into the sea. But no splash was heard, only a light thud. Xix looked towards where the head was thrown, unable to see through the thick foliage, but before she could inquire about it, another wave of arrows came through the jungle! One of them hit Abronychus in the chest, another in Kogar's left leg. Abronychus fell to the ground, gasping for air. Astor ran to him and knelt down, trying to help, but several of the Rahn inya archers jumped out from hiding, armed with daggers, and ambushed him. He managed to kick one off, but the other stabbed him in the back, and he, too, was brought down. Kogar and the spear man backed away from the other unseen attackers, holding their weapons firmly forward, as Gaweir ran to Astor and stabbed the ambusher in the chest, killing it instantly. Xix started to run back to the safety of the party, deflecting an arrow headed for her, but a third ambusher jumped out and slashed her right foreleg, bringing her to the ground. Xix quickly tried to get up, clubbing the Rahn inya over the head to stun it, and limped back to the party, just as two more arrows came through the foliage. One missed, but the other hit the spear man in the neck, killing him. Gaweir charged through, not wanting to wait any longer, and attacked the two Rahn inya. But the third, stunned ambusher brought out his bow, and managed to hit Gaweir in the side. Kogar rushed over to help him, but the two archers now had their daggers out, and leaped over Gaweir and onto Kogar. He quite easily managed to stop them before being hit, but before he could strike back, a bolt of thunder erupted from within the bushes and sent Kogar flying. The third ambusher, with only a single target left, leaped onto Xix's back. Just before she was stabbed in the back of the head, she saw the other two ambushers finish off Gaweir...

" ...they are pretty safe, once dead at least."

Xix went over to where Abronychus had killed the Rahn inya, grabbed its scimitar, and beheaded it.

"Better safe than... wait..."

Xix flung the head as before, but then stopped for a second, wondering what just happened, as the rest of the party looked at her curiously. Suddenly, her eyes went wider, and she exclaimed.

"We're about to be ambushed! Watch out!"

Xix ran over to Kogar, pushed him, and then went in front of Abronychus and began to spin her staff. Kogar looked at her as if she were assaulting him, but then saw the first wave of arrows fly by. This time, his leg was not in the way, and the one flying at Abronychus was deflected.

"How-"
"Quick, charge through and attack them!"

With little hesitation, Astor jumped over a bush and attempted to ambush the ambushers. Gaweir and Abronychus quickly followed, weapons ready. Kogar and the spear man, originally wanting to wait for the right moment, had no choice but to push forward as well.

Flying right at one of the Rahn inya, Astor readied his dagger, pointing it right at the creature's chest, and fell onto it, quickly killing it. Gaweir took another Rahn inya, but even with his heightened senses had difficult navigating his blade past its quick moving dagger. Abronychus held his trident forward and rushed in, trying to impale one and ram it into a tree to finish it. His first target came quickly, but also parried quickly, as Abronychus' trident rammed into a tree and was stuck.

"So, how did you know?"
Xix went into the fray as well, attempting to whack their daggers out of their hands.
"Although it is usually a weak sense, I have-"
Noticing one of the ambushers preparing to leap onto Abronychus, Xix dashed between him and it, and held her staff forward. The creature, unable to turn mid-flight, flew into the staff and went backward, trying to regain its balance.
"The ability to, at times, see-"
Astor came from on one of the beings and jumped onto the creature Xix knocked back, before it had a chance to recover. Another ambusher swiped at Abronychus' head, but he ducked beneath his still-stuck trident and dodged.
"Into the future, but not very far"
Gaweir hacked at another ambusher's neck, beheading it before it had a chance to move. And, finding the perfect moment, he quickly drew back his sword and then brought it forward, directly into its chest, and kicked it off of his blade and into another oncoming ambusher. Kogar and the spear man were busy fighting the last ambusher, having difficulty dealing much damage with their polearms in close combat as the ambusher quickly moved to and fro. The ambusher attacking Abronychus swiped again at his head, which was now beneath the trident, but Abronychus quickly jumped over the blade, and tried unsuccessfully to retrieve his trident once again. Annoyed at the failure, he drew his sword and attempted to stab the creature, but it quickly backed out of his reach. It grinned and quickly drew its bow, aiming at Abronychus. But before it could fire, it was hit in the head by a flying rock, shot by Astor. Gaweir came from behind it, and let it fall onto his sword, it now being skewered on top of it.

Although the four were dead, one last remained, constantly dodging the attacks of Kogar and the spear man. The two bowman, who had finally made it to the battle, fired at the being, but both missed its chest, instead hitting both its shoulders and pinning it to a tree. From behind the bowman, Flat stormed through, pausing for a moment in front of the creature, and ripping it from the tree with its beak, flinging it above the jungle canopy and most certainly sending it to its death.

The party relaxed slightly, or rather, all but Xix.

Hold on... there should be one more, I remember-"

Before she had a chance to finish her statement, a bolt of thunder, just as she had envisioned, instantly flew from out of sight. And, just as before, it hit Kogar, and sent him flying backwards. Gaweir, Abronychus, and Flat charged through the brush to attack the unseen creature, while Astor aimed at it from behind and fired, the bowman fired on it as well, and the spear man rushed to Kogar. Gaweir noticed that it seemed to be a shaman of some kind, looking identical to the other creatures, but adorned in leather with many trinkets hanging from it, as well as a staff. At close combat, however, it was quickly brought down by Abronychus' trident, and stabbed into a tree as he had hoped to do before.

Xix ran over to Kogar with the spear man, shortly followed by the rest of the party.

"Dahim... Rekin... clar derkes... Goodbye"

With his last word, and first ever word foreign to himself, Kogar died. The spear man bowed his head, a tear shedding from his eye.

"He says that we are the only ones able to stop this threat..."

---

The being lifted its head from the water once again, rubbing it after being hit by some strange black flying object. It looked around a bit, noticing little but the blinding light of the sun overhead. It had nearly drowned, but awoke from unconsciousness just before, and was now catching its breath. Getting up, it got out of the shallow waters and headed up the beach, away from the water, and rested.

New spot open for player #6! I suggest posting a reservation post before typing the entire thing, otherwise you might miss it!

Flat:
 - Wounds: Pierced wing status=partially treated effects=flying penalty (--flying)
 - Inventory: none
 - Skills: Melee Combat skill increased slightly

Astor:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired
 - Inventory: Lost 3 Smooth Stones
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Aiming skill increased slightly. Sling skill increased moderately. Dagger skill increased slightly. Ambushing skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly

Xix:
 - Wounds: none
 - Skills: Staff skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Foresight spell increased greatly. Deflecting skill increased moderately. Disarming skill increased slightly

Gaweir:
 - Wounds: none effects=tired
 - Skills: Language skill increased slightly. Language Comprehension skill increased slightly. Observation skill increased slightly. Sword skill increased moderately. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Focus spell increased greatly

Abronychus:
 - Wounds: Light scratches effects=tired (-actions)
 - Skills: Observation skill increased slightly. Dodging skill increased slightly. Polearms skill increased slightly. Sword skill increased slightly. Melee Combat skill increased slightly. Grappling skill increased slightly
            Abronychus' Polearm skill is now at level 2!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:10:29 am by Vaiolis »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2008, 12:02:49 am »

Next Turn:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, nice combat. And I was totally surprised with the whole foresight thing! Good job.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 12:15:57 am »

Good job with the foresight thing. That brought up a weird idea for me, though; if my character can breath water, can he breath blood? What if his lungs fill with blood? Will he drown?

Aside from bizarre speculation, I think you're doing an awesome job with this.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:46:50 am by inaluct »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 12:40:33 am »

((Flat came in late... :())

I eat the body of the one I had slain ((because I'm F.L.A.T. and I shall consume my enemies brains souls!)), then help carry the dead/people to their village. Also, I talk to Gaweir, since no one else can understand me. *SQUAWK!*

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 12:50:48 am »

Good job, A few pieces of constructive criticism:

I actually got unharmed thought that! Those 2 luck points DO matter! :D
And I seem to be becoming the leader, or at least brain, of the party! :D :D

for this turn:
I try to prevent anyone from going of before we've been able to organise a bit (not stopping their turns, I don't think much anyone are doing something that cant be done afterwards-but-still-in-the-same-turn), I do naturally in this take a leader position but I don't imply so directly, or claim anything, and try to remain humble and unobtrusive etc.
I try again to make sure everyone knows what's going on, and urge everyone to share any observations they have made. I write down what's known in my notebook and also sketch a quick map, the map and writing down I do while doing the talking.
I try to do these things as fast as possible, maybe 5-10 minutes depending on how much people have to say.

Edit: I also warn those that might not figure so themselves that everyone should stay whiting sight from each other and not wander of alone.
For examining the shaman whit Kogar, I take everything that seems magical and stuff it in my backpack.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:55:22 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 01:08:48 am »

I actually got unharmed thought that! Those 2 luck points DO matter! :D
I knew I shouldn't have gone with 0 luck. Me and webadict both did, and we're both either injured or tired. Astor is okay, though.  :P

I take everything that seems magical and stuff it in my backpack.
I already tried to do that. Looks like 40 speed might help in getting my grubby little hands on those shiny rocks and idols, or whatever the shaman had. I still think we should smash them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:10:29 am by inaluct »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 01:52:38 am »

Hah. I got 4 luck points! That must be like, double the luck!...wait.

What was I talking about?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2008, 02:04:20 am »

I'll join in as the sixth person!

Name: Zak
Race: Human
Weight: 70 kg
Height: 6 foot tall (excactly)
Details: Ocean green eyes, pale skin, dark brown hair and is a bit thin.
Stats:

Strength: 18
Endurance: 20
Stamina: 24 (really fit)
Intelligence: 50 (cunning too)
Learning: 70 (learns fast)
Wisdom: 50 (see inteligence)
Speed: 30 (he's FAST, for a human)
Agility: 35 (very agile and likes to experiment with alternate routes to destinations)
Dexterity: 35 (He needs to be accurate to kill effectively, so its a part of the job.)
Luck: 0

Skills: Power: Sword fighting, Movement: Parkour

Spells: None

Clothing: Wears cloth tunic (grey), cloth leggings (grey), padded wool socks (white), Thick leather steel cap high boots, Thick leather chaps with steel plates on knees, thick leather chest armor with steel plates on back, chest, both shoulders and elbows, Thick leather gauntlets with small steel domes over knuckles, thick leather belt with 6 pouches and scabbard for long sword, scabbard on back for short blade, brown hood that can fold back into armor, small leather pack on lower back.

Items: 1 finely made steel long sword (standard length), 1 finely made steel short blade (about 40 cm long), 1 metal flask of strong alcohol, some dry food stored in pack (enough for 3 days for himself), 2 canteens of water in pack and a waterproofed book about morality.

Background: He is an orphan who was adopted into a society of hireable assassin's and was currently on his way to kill an important man overseas when the ship wrecked. All other details about himself, he keeps to himself and muses over them at times. He is quiet and at the same time serious when he wishes to be. He prefers to stay out of the spotlight instinctivly and and speaks when it is nesscessary.

Is this ok?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:34:06 pm by Zako »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36