Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.  (Read 14671 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 04:30:13 pm »

Well, my original character was a half-noble spelunker who was under the impression that minotaurs were nice, respectable people. The barbarian raider was what I was thinking of doing when it became clear that the game would not include minotaurs.

On second thought, RE-RESERVED LETS DO THIS AAAAUUUGH
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 04:32:30 pm by inaluct »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 04:32:13 pm »

Ah. I forgot something.

Mythological creatures/things that people believed in back then ( minotaurs inclusive ) are allowed. As in, they exist.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 04:33:40 pm »

Egads! That changes EVERYTHING!

*Erases all plans written in the past 15 minutes*
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 04:34:10 pm »

FFFFFF-

I have that character, and I have ONE OF THE BEST IDEAS EVER

Which will I use?! Both. Somehow.

How dangerous are minotaurs in this game? It is important to my character concept.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 04:35:07 pm »

Oh darn, now I really DO have to watch out for the Kraken!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 04:35:20 pm »

FFFFFF-

I have that character, and I have ONE OF THE BEST IDEAS EVER

Which will I use?! Both. Somehow.

How dangerous are minotaurs in this game? It is important to my character concept.

Well, very. All but the best warriors could beat them, with them being giant muscled beasts.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 04:47:49 pm »

First name: Mekgos
Second name Last Name: Machinerazors
Other Name: N/A
Race: Human
Size: Approximately average height for a human. A little less. Think 5'7"
Weight: Somewhat thin. 122 pounds or so. Low-average weight.
Specific interests: Spelunking. Caving. Kites. Making large contraptions. Chariot racing.
Appearance: Small scar on left ankle.
Background information: Mekgos Machinerazors was born to a male cook and an eccentric female aristocrat. His mother was obsessed with cave exploration, and sucked her husband and children into it. Mekgos' childhood consisted largely of running around in caves with his parents and 5 siblings. His mother was the child of a large family of aristocrats in the city of (Add a Big City Here) Constantinpole!! :D, but left home to pursue caving early on. She maintains good relations with her family, and Mekgos and his siblings are well liked by the family. Mekgos' father was the son of a cook and a blacksmith, and took up caving after marrying Mekgos' mother.

As a child, he had a minotaur stuffed animal. His grandparents still have it in a closet, somewhere, too. It was his prized possession when he was very young, and it has deeply shaped his psyche.

When the time came, Mekgos left home to pursue adventurous adventures, leaving behind his parents and several siblings. His large family and semi-noble heritage helps him greatly, as does his experience in caves. He often carries a pickaxe, hard hat, rope, lantern, and other miscellaneous spelunking equipment, as well as an extremely large knife.

A few years ago, he became overenthusiastic about chariot races and joined the Greens, a support group for the green factional chariot racing team. Although the Blues, Greens, Whites, and Reds have certainly not been causing as much trouble as when they started the Nika Riots, they are still very much active. As a Green, Mekgos wears well... Green. A lot of it. Green clothes, a green bandana, all that stuff. Although he isn't consumed with hate for the opposing factions, meetings with them have the potential to end violently.

Vices and Virtues:
Noble Blood:  20
Large Family and Circle of Friends:  5
Well Educated: 5
Fast: 5
Cool Last Name: 1
Good Looking: 5

Quixotic: -5 (Let's go save the world, guize!! WE CAN DO IT.)
Reckless: -5 (Trust me, the people-catapult will work.)
Bad Sense of Humor: -1
Dress Requirements: Needs Green Something: -1
Delusion: Minotaurs are Good People:-5
Naive: -8 (Spending your childhood in a cave system can't possibly make you very street smart.)
Easy to Trick: -5 (Ties in with above.)
Enemies: Opposing Factions: -5
Fanatical Sports Fan: -1

Well, that ended very differently from how I expected it to. Please tell me if the points don't add up.

I used authentic DF names for this, too. Mekgos is some mighty warrior-baby and Machinerazors was the name of one of my dwarfs once.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:54:13 pm by inaluct »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 04:50:16 pm »

You have one surplus point. :D

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 04:51:42 pm »

Fixed.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »

And approved.

Now, we wait until pandarsenic posts his character and another character possibly joins the game. Then, we start!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 07:23:28 pm »

Reserved, I'll create my character tomorrow morning.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 07:50:31 pm »

( Well, actually two. I'll let Armok join anyway. ).
*Hugs Asheron* ^_^ Thanks!

Ok, here it is:

First name: ‘Aql
Second name: Dahri
Full name: ‘Aql Falsafah Dahri
(I searched wikipedia for Arabic words, so that's supposed to actually mean something, but it'd certainly make someone who actually speak Arabic groan)Gender:
Race: Genie, specifically Ghoul (the pre-Islamic kind)
Size: "...which can change shape" (human form: ca 1.7 m)
Weight: "...which can change shape" (human form: ca 100 kg)
Specific interests:
Books, reading, technology, philosophy, science and learning in general, sociology, psycology

The positive side of life.
- Well educated ( - 5 ) : Having a good education has many benefits, among the ability to read and write and having a general knowledge of the world.
- Gifted ( - 5 ) : Some persons just understand and learn better then others.
- Charismatic ( - 5 ) : Charisma has and will always be important in the world.
- Well spoken ( - 5 ) : Words are a powerful tool, especially when handled carefully.
- Sophisticated ( - 5 ) : Though it can be a vice for one and a virtue for the other, it can generally be said that it makes you popular in more "desirable" environments, and not everyone can be sophisticated.   
- Master of arguments ( - 5 ) : Knows how to win a conflict with pure reason.
- Diplomatic ( - 5 ) : A diplomat has the power to start and end wars others fight.
- Cunning ( - 5 ) : "A fox, to detect the traps..."

The negative side of life.
- Slow ( + 5 ) : Slow in both thinking and acting.
- Lady man/manly woman ( + 5 ) : Your character is known to have certain traits of the opposite gender. Though some do not find this negative, there are always persons who do. (I assume this means, if male, is a pansy, if female, is a tomboy?)
- Antisocial ( + 5 ) : Unpopular, unloved?
- Sickly ( + 5 ) : Simply disease-ridden or cursed by nature? (not sure how this works for a shapechanger)
- Ugly ( + 5 ) : Repulsive for the common taste. (not sure how this works for a shapechanger)
- Paranoid ( + 5 ) : Unpopular for his/her belief that anyone can be your future killer.
- Self-centered ( + 5 ) : Being self-centred doesn't make you popular at all.

Others (?) (if this means I can make up my own pros and cons, I might want to change the abowe a bit)

One profession; Shcoolar, teacher
Two passtimes; Reading, studying nature/socity
One religious belief; Well, is a genie, so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_mythology I guess.

Background information:
Edit: Guess Asheron lives in a weird timezone, so writing short background now anyway, still wants the rest reviewed for overpowerdnesd.

Lived the first 10000 years or so in whatever realms genies dwell naturally, but left for earth in order to study a nature and society without the disturbance of magic as prominent, has since travled around, usually in the form of a fat scholar (but also rather like insect forms for their ability to observe without being noticed) and studied in various cities. By now knows the majority of books and knowledge in the world by heart, and enjoy quoting it.
By the long continuous times in human and animal form he has slightly lost contact whit his origin, he enjoy good food and while capable of magic sometimes he use non-magical means instead. (this is more part of his pretending to be a human thou, in private he usually use magic and shapeshift)

Currently studying the social structure of the economic system of Constantinpole, and it's society in general.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:37:34 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 08:40:27 pm »

Yeah, my char will be up within 24 hours.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 08:55:10 pm »

Hmm, will it be GM controle and interpretion the same way as the Terror of the Succubus?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 09:52:47 pm »

I just calculated the point total (sum of bonus values + flaw values) for my character, and the total is 1.

It's supposed to be 5.

I'm gonna add a minor flaw to my character and take another bonus. I think.

Maybe.

Edit: It has been done. May Izum Tablelanterns have mercy on my soul.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:55:09 pm by inaluct »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8