Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.  (Read 14667 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 03:35:48 pm »

I stand up slowly, put my hands on to the table, leer at them with my left eye menacingly, and ask them again, slowly but sternly, "what?" If one of them retaliates before I fully stand up, I'll just punch the guy. If they all go at me at once, I'll draw my crossbow with my left hand and cutlass with my right and shove the table I'm sitting at into them with my boot, to give me some distance for firing. I'll give them one last chance to run before I fire, however. If anymore people start to fight, I'll use another table to block and flee, preferably upstairs and onto the rooftops.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 04:26:22 pm »

Alright. Delguan will do that after "chapter 1" is completed for all characters.

Few jobs could match the boredness of a Constantine wall guard these days. The city itself was, with the increasing criminality, more dangerous then the wilderness around Constantinople. Because of this, the local miltia officers had applied significant changes to the guard stations. Every capable man was redirected to city patrols, and everyone... well, everyone not "capable" enough was put in charge of "wall duty" as they called it. Alexander was unfortunate enough to be deemed uncapable. As such, his job was now reduced to patrolling, sitting, patrolling and watching the endless stream of people coming in and out of the city. He was all but snoozing against a merlon when suddenly footsteps woke him up.
"SLEEPING ON PATROL?"
Alexander was driven out of his wits. The voice yelling at him sounded old and sadistic enough to be that of a captain. A captain had caught him sleeping.
Shit.
Alexander sprung up from his stool. He unleashed a garbled mess of words in the hope a good excuse would magically form out of them.
"Uh, yes, sir, yes, ah, you see... wait."
He pauzed. The man standing before him was no captain.
"What? Who are you? HOW DARE YOU ADDRESS A GUARDSMEN LIKE THAT?"
The realisation that he wouldn't have to clean the sewers for the rest of his life filled him with joy. Joy, accompanied with the realisation that he would be the one shouting at someone else.
"I am Leander Claudius, by the freaking gods, militia captain of Constantinople! And you are in trouble, lad. Sleeping on patrol, leaving the portcullis entrance open, shouting at your superior..."
"Portcullis open?" he asked frowningly. "Superior?"
"How do you think I got up these walls, egghead. I'll make sure you'll never do anything for the rest of your life but scraping horseshit off the roads."
Suddenly, Alexander laughed.
"You are Leander Claudius? The old retired captain? The one who ran off to search his wife in his legendary and epic quest? Bwahaha"
Claudius stayed silent for a few dramatic seconds.
"My wife is here. She is here. HERE. SHE IS HERE!"
Alexander eyes widened. This was getting stranger with the second. He'd better make use of this moment. He yelled at a guard who was just passing by on the street next to the wall.
"Hey you! Come here and help me with this old lunatic."
"Don't know how he got up here." He added subtly.
The guard nudged and started running towards the door further down the street that lead to the walls.
"What?" Claudius yelled out in surprise
Alexander grinned.
"Oh, and don't be surprised if he starts yelling things about sleeping while on patrol. Completely mad."

( What will Claudius do? I kind of assumed the years living as a hermit made him a bit mad and that he returned to Constantinople, thinking that he is bringing her a visit.
Oh, and he thinks he's still a militia officer, but he'll lose that illusion soon enough now. )

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 08:54:36 pm »

That... that fufilled his image better than I think I could. Good job sir! I suppose he would start visiting his old haunts, and likely get caught up in something. That or break into his old home.

Being an emotionally unstable old dangerous military captian is grand.

Edit: As for the next few seconds situation, He would likely ask for the guards name before heading off to the base of operations for the guards. The second guard would be no match for him. Likely he would get distracted by something he remembers before he reaches any military building.
 Also, yelling.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:36:45 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 10:06:13 pm »

Not sure if you've just made a few successive typos, but it's Relguan, not Delguan :P
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:37 am »

Oops. Must have misread it. I'll correct it right away.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 06:27:31 pm »

Has this died already before I even got my first turn? :(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2008, 07:59:07 pm »

Only time will tell.

LOTS AND LOTS OF TIME

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2008, 09:09:14 pm »

:(
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 01:49:26 pm »

Well, I've been busy lately. I need to finish something for school about the IRA ( pretty important ) and I have a couple of tests soon so I hadn't had the time to update.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2008, 05:43:43 pm »

"NO! NO! FOR GOD'S SAKE, NO! GREEN! YOU CAN'T MEAN THIS."
Mekgos cried out in anguish as the dust settled on the racing court... why, god, why?

Mekgos Machinerazors had been betting on racing all day, which had left him pretty much broke and in debt. However, since he knew the pilot from a cousin's friend's sister, he thought the next race would be a sure win for the greens and as such he had betted as good as everything he had with him on the green chariot.
And, indeed, the green chariot was in the lead for the first few minutes, and as it approached the finish line, Mekgos was already thanking god with a few prayers. However, a pretty much fatal collision ended his thankful prayers and replaced them with downright dread. He made his way towards the exit while trying to avoid the sight of the crashed chariot. Meanwhile, the pilot, who was still alive ( to Mekgos' dismay ), was being carried away.
Luckily, Mekgos still had some beer in his rented room. He began walking down the street, while thinking of ways to earn a quick copper. Dear god, why did he lose all of his money the very day before payment day?
The beer had a bitter taste.
Cluelessly, he went downstairs. The Black Crow was filled to the brim with people, and who knew, perhaps there was money to made here. If he REALLY needed to, he could always lend money from his family. But not if he could prevent it.
He quickly began eavesdropping conversations. It didn't take long before he hitted gold. Literally.
"Ay lad. Gold. Heaps of it."
Interested, he began edging towards the two persons engaged in the conversation. One of them seemed to be a young adventurer, just like himself, the other one an old, menacing looking type that came right out of a pirate ship.
However, before he could come close enough, the young adventurer walked away, and a few seconds later, three rather aggressive-looking and drunk Rus' stepped up to the old man.
"Old man, gjet off this table."
Mekgos stopped a second to think. Interfering now wouldn't be a sign of good timing, but this was an opportunity that could solve his problems.
What should he do?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:21 pm »

*!!Pandarsenic!! runs through topic with !!pants!! but no shirt*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2008, 06:48:45 pm »

Obviously the old guy is either

• A criminal, planning a daring robbery.
  • A wealthy, desperate man trying to hire someone to do something very unpleasant.
  • A con man.
  • A pirate with a treasure map! Everyone loves pirates!

Three out of four of those are good things, right? So there's a three out of four chance that he either has a fantastic job opportunity, or is a pirate (remember; naive). And besides, if he is a con man, it isn't like I have a lot to lose, since I don't have any money.

I stand off to the side, ready to rush in if the situation turns violent. I'm not going to try and kill anyone, obviously. This isn't that violent a situation. If I help the old guy, he might give me a job.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2008, 06:53:30 pm »

when will I get my turn?
well, at least the thread is alive again...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:16 am »

You are the next one. Update will be in a few hours.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 12:54:59 pm »

Almost my turn now, I'm after Armok, right?
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8