Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.  (Read 14662 times)

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
Re: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 03:39:43 am »

woo!

Reserved if drop. :P

...grr, Dark stole the last spot. Hrm. Armok's question is a good one though, and would probably determine whether I really wanted to join this one... I mean, more than one heavy RP thread and I tend to burn out on one or all of them faster than normal. But w/e. A quick overview of world affairs might help, especially if dealing with races other than humans.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 07:31:17 am »

First name: Therick
Second name: Sayms
Race: Human
Size: A bit shorter and wider than average
Weight: Average
Specific interests: Staying alive and discussing annoying politics
Appearance: Brown eyes, wrinkled, bald, long grey beard, missing a few teeth.
Background information:

Therick was born in Constantinople where he lived and studied business, law, science and religion. He had a wealthy family and inherited large sums of money, but he lived in isolation without a job, simply studying and generally spending too much time inside his head. Slowly over the years his wealth vanished, until finally he was flat broke. He was forced to leave his home and look for work, but nobody wanted this old crazy man and so he remained poor. Now he's alone and living on the streets, wishing that his luck might change some day.

One profession; Ex-scholar
Two passtimes; Rambling on to helpless citizens about "the good ol' days" and defacing buildings with lots of complicated mathematics and then laughing when people have to clean it off.
One religious belief; Who cares about hell, he aint planning on dying!

- Well educated ( - 5 )
- Master of arguments ( - 5 )
- Cunning ( - 5 )
- Fast ( - 5 )
- Antisocial ( + 5 )
- Self-centered ( + 5 )
- Paranoid ( + 5 )

Hope everything is in order, I'm going for a crazy little old man, should be fun.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 10:42:50 am »

To answer Armok's question, it'll be almost the same, with the only difference that you have a choice EVERY update instead of once in a while. Which means I pulled myself a tight one, since every update will have to end with a choice.

Oh, and I live in GMT + 1. Belgium.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 06:03:18 pm »

Disaster! A sudden french test has struck. However, to compensate, let me make a list of what we have so far...

A spelunking minotaur loving epic named guy
An old crazy guy
An ex-militia commander
A crossbow-wielding pirate
An arabic genie

This is shaping up very good indeed

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 06:04:58 pm »

Oh so I have a crossbow now do I :P

Sure, why not, I'll add it.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:32 pm »

First name: Cado
Last name: Hrothek
Race: Human
Size: Average, but Cado has a rather feminine physique.
Weight: A little below average
Specific interests: Alchemy/Chemistry, Engineering
Anything special in their appearance: Burn & laceration scars on the left side of his neck and chin. And most of the rest of the left side of his face. This ruins his rather feminine visage.
Background information: Cado Hrothek is a chemist. He is smart and creative, and gifted in nonlinear thinking. He is also very, very bad at thinking through his actions before carrying them out.
Actions like mixing an explosive in a glass test tube and taking no precautions against success. Actions like replicating Greek fire with insufficient safety measures. Of course, so much experience with making things in front of him explode has given him the gift of agility and speed with experience.
But perhaps why he's burned half of his face off would be more clear with more background. Cado Hrothek's father is what is commonly known as a "jackass." Cado's father, a smith whom Cado came to hate, ejected Cado from his household when Cado refused to follow his profession. His natural intelligence got him into an alchemist's guild. His myopic tendencies got him kicked out soon after he became literate; he stole several books and taught himself chemistry, and has been madly pursuing the advancement of his "art" ever since, selling his products to pay for more chemicals. He set up shop in a market stand in the heart of Constantinople until fumes from his chemicals began to have unpleasant effects on the populace.

Vices and virtues

The positive side of life.

- Man of the world ( - 8 ) : You have to find someone who will buy your random chemicals. This was a harsh realization.
- Well educated ( - 5 ) : It doesn't matter if it's a stolen stock of books....
- Gifted ( - 5 ) : Cado understands what you have to say. Always.
- Agile ( - 5 ) : "It's a good thing I managed to dodge that exploding beaker."
- Fast ( - 5 ) : "Wait, isn't that mixture going to..."
- Cunning ( - 5 ) : "Here, have a drink."
- Chemist ( -15 ) : In addition to knowing various chemical combos, he has reference books and equipment. And he can make Greek Fire. And drugs.

The negative side of life.

- Lady-man ( + 5 ) : Cado is very feminine. He is not pleased by this. At all.
- Antisocial ( + 5 ) : Cado spends a bit too much time with his chemicals.
- Reckless ( + 5 ) : Cado spends a bit too little time thinking about his chemicals before he mixes them.
- Sickly ( + 5 ) : Cado suffers from the effects of the fumes of the chemicals he uses often, as well as being generally unhealthy. His chemicals often lead to him being...
- Ugly ( + 5 ) : Scars will do that.
- Self-centered ( + 5 ) : Cado is more aware of his intelligence than is beneficial to him.
- Addict ( + 8 ) : Cado makes a couple of narcotics he has become addicted to.
- Mildly Insane ( + 5 ) : Cado is an amoral, somewhat creepy, person.
- Easily-recognized ( + 2 ) : Cado's scars make him easy to identify.

Others

One profession: Alchemist
Two pastimes: Reading reference books, testing new chemicals on passerby.
One religious belief: FOR SCIENCE!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:39:01 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 10:41:45 pm »

We're gonna have so much fun catapulting Greek fire at those damn Blues.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 10:45:46 pm »

;D Like his one "religious" belief? :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 09:32:10 am »

Blowing up stuff in the name of science.

That'll do just fine.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 04:16:04 pm »

It begins!
Ah, Constantinople. Basileuousa Polis, Queen of cities. Not a single corner of the known world has not heard of her glory. She is the gateway between Asia and Europe, and exotic spices flow freely through her markets and harbour. Monuments of our god, blessed be his names, flock the city, and both citizen and guard walk proudly on her streets, knowing that they are standing in the very center of the world.
However, not all is well with our queen. Even the shiniest pearl loses it's shine, and centuries of decay by bad rulership has left Constantinople in the worst condition since ever. Foreign mercenaries hold rule over her defence, pickpockets and rufians have become, despite efforts of the local militia, increasingly frequent and foul beasts start to linger closer to her gates. It is time for change. And change may come from the most unlikely angles.

---

"Ay, lad. Gold. Heaps of it. My ship sunk because of it's sheer weight. In exchange for a few purses of gold now, you can 'ave the entire treasure!"
The Black Crow was filled to the brim. If you weren't battling for a place at the bar, you were probably trying to get out by desperately squeezing yourself through the crowd, which contained truely everyone you could imagine, while hoping you didn't knock over someone's drink.
Although, puddles of vomit and the penetrating smell of sweat and alcohol all confirmed what every proper drunk would know; the Black Crow was one hell of a good tavern. Well, atleast to medieval standards.
Relguan had managed to get a table without too much problems ( mostly thanks to his scars and his subtly unsheathed cutlass ) and was busy earning his place for the night. You couldn't believe how many adventurers would fall for the I-have-a-map-of-a-treasure trick.
However, the adventurer, which had taken moderate interest in him, shaked his head as soon as Relguan dropped the words "gold now" and stood up from the table.
"I'll survive without that 'treasure', old man."
"Old man? I'd beat you with my bare fists, whippersnapper."
The adventurer sighed and turned away.
Relguan groaned slightly inside. Oh, he would give an entire leg ( if he had one ) to be young again. He easily conned the most alert of victims, and his cunning plans never failed. But now... now he was old?
He was suddenly interrupted in his train of thought by a rough, brutal yell.
"Ey, old man, gjet off this table. We sit here now."
Varangian guards. Well, guards. The Varangians resembled more of a brutal, barbaric bodyguard for the emperor, donated by the ruler of Kiev himself, then any order-enforcing guard. True, they were loyal and fearless, but also wild and aggressive.
Relguan turned around. Three rough and menacing looking men, each armed with an array of different weapons and armour parts stood before him. One of them, probably drunk, was being supported by a second one. The one who had yelled at him was almost as drunk as the first one, his eyes filled with an impatience for beverage, and it was a wonder that he managed to keep himself standing.
"What?"
"Gjet off table!"
Relguan thought for a few moments. Should he avoid a conflict ( which would probably end in a fight ) or show these Rus' his cutlass' edge?
The Varangians were drunk as hell, but he was unsure if this was a good thing if he had to fight them or not.

( Alright, first character text ready and as such, first choice. Do whatever you like. don't feel limited. )
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:04:56 am by Asheron »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 07:59:40 pm »

and it on it's way!  :D

I think there was some things I forgot to say about Aql that should be in the backstory really...

Human form description: very fat wealthy Arab, long white beard, often purple robes, tend to carry scrolls for writing down observations, his field of study being sociology that's basically everything anyone ever say or do.
other forms that he usually takes while not humans: fly, lamprey, Scarlet Finch, dog of unidentifiable and very mixed race that strikes some hyena resemblance, gecko.

He is not evil nor paladin-style good, a bit creepy and antisocial whit a heart of gold, so at  the core very much good even if it doesn't surface often.
He is a ghoul, and thus like desserts and graveyards and other deserted places, but this one has found the city equivalents: parks at night, empty libraries, lonely alleys, some parts of the docks, and rooftops. Especially rooftops are his favourite place, shape shifting into something that fly up to the top of a high tower, then sitting there and looking thought a spyglass on all the passer-bys, observing while unobserved.
He is still far more comfortable whit crowds than the average ghoul thou.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »

((So when does everyone else start? :3))
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:21 pm »

After Vaiolis does something.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 10:26:43 pm »

((Ah, I see.))
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 06:58:03 am »

No, no. I just need to still write your parts.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8