Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 484181 times)

Tepes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona Roguelike
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2008, 03:13:23 pm »

Hmm, might be damaged.. and no, no alien spawns ever. O_o

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2008, 09:35:53 pm »

I've only been playing this for a couple of hours, but I really like it so far.  I'm playing a Dwarf Warrior by the name of "Empirus" (a classic RP standby name of mine).  He also has the perfect generated title of "Lunatic Bravery" ;D.  One of the really surprising things I found was how easily he converted to craving human flesh.  All it took was one beggar corpse the tutorial guy told me to eat... A couple drinks from a well seems to have fixed this, but it's still very bizarre.  Makes me wonder if my character is a lunatic in more ways than one...  :-X

Still, though, it seems to be shaping up to a great game.  Thanks for pointing it out, Keiseth.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2008, 09:38:09 pm »

Yeah well, you must be either attacked by an alien, eat an alien corpse (pets will do it, so watch out), and sometimes from drinking from fountains (which pets will also so).

So it's possible, just not very common. That is, unless you're a high cha character with tons of pets and fight an alien and start this mega alien breeding ground.

Pets don't usually overweight themselves, unless they decided to pick up something (like a freaking grave stone thing), you can take it from them, unless it's a gold bar or something similar.

So, if they're not poisoned, not carrying too much, not taking damage from any source, I bet it's an alien.

Tepes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2008, 03:29:48 am »

I got my MALE main character pregnant with an alien, and promptly poisoned myself with a handy poison potion. :D

No idea why she was screaming, but now I solo stuff because pets became a burden shortly after I found a miracle godly weapon. >.>

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2008, 11:50:24 am »

Still, though, it seems to be shaping up to a great game.  Thanks for pointing it out, Keiseth.

No need to thank me! Thank Rabish12 over at the Temple of the Roguelike: http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.0

It's the Earthbound of Roguelikes to me, hehe.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2008, 12:51:30 pm »

I got my MALE main character pregnant with an alien, and promptly poisoned myself with a handy poison potion. :D

No idea why she was screaming, but now I solo stuff because pets became a burden shortly after I found a miracle godly weapon. >.>
Pets, you're doing it wrong.

Give the godly weapon to your pet, get yourself a bow, xbow, or a gun, a stethoscope, and a leash.

After you gain enough weapons, get yourself a quickling pet, then wield the godly weapon yourself. ;)

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2008, 02:26:49 am »

This game is really, really weird, but addictive. So.. why does my pet scream every five minutes? >.>
Your pet prolly has a lil alien growing inside. =p

Sometimes they scream when they are wearing a cursed item.

Requiescat in pace, Nyaaaoo~  =^-^=

Tepes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2008, 10:41:30 am »

That's probably it. The pet has a cursed item I can't seem to uncurse no matter how many scrolls I have it use. :(

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2008, 10:47:06 am »

They shouldn't just scream because they've got a cursed item, unless it's hurting them or something.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2008, 01:00:45 pm »

This game... is interesting. I have a level 8 catsister pianist character who is doing well, got a pretty cool artifact machinegun called Sweet Chosen and a pretty high up there perform skill, as well a little girl who I've been working on... both in the "try to get married" and "lets see what happens when we give you chicken DNA" department. So, I threw a love potion at her... and she went "Uh..." and dropped a bottle of milk of little girl.

Seriously.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:39:08 pm by Abyss »

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2008, 02:33:49 pm »

Someone I know threw a love potion at the little girl, which then laid an egg, then ate the egg.

What do stethoscopes even do?
Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2008, 02:38:25 pm »

Am I the only one who is bothered by thinking that there should be a comma in this topic's title?

I was actually talking about the topic title should be 'Elona, Rougelike'. But good try.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 05:02:04 pm by Torak »
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Elona Roguelike,
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2008, 05:01:08 pm »

Stethoscopes let you see the pets' health bar. You only need to use it once and then you can safely store it at home to use with the next pet.

Leashes make pets teleport to you whenever they get too far away, so you can make sure they're always close to you. Extremely good for combat pets. Also, you only need to use it once then you can store it safely at home.

About the cursed pet item, I don't think it makes them scream. But I've never had that happen so I don't know. Is the item just cursed or is it doomed?

Also, a little hint about cursed items, curse -spreads- overnight. Make sure you never carry cursed items with you. You may still have bad luck roll and get some items cursed, but from experience, it happens a lot when you're carrying several cursed items. It also seems like the item curse increases over time. Some times I have to use 5 scrolls to get rid of a single curse. Could be because of some random roll when you read a scroll, but I'd rather stay on the safe side.

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2008, 06:47:53 pm »

For a laugh, leash a little girl then take the leash off.

Also, try riding the little girl. So many things about this game which just aren't right.

Anyone know if there's a way to LOSE xp? Reliably? I'm trying to increase my stats, but I keep levelling up and it's getting annoying...

Tepes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2008, 07:25:10 pm »

So, I was looking in the older version, it seems there was a turn-based RPG style one. I would like to see this as that, or an alternate version. >D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 141