Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 484114 times)

Leerok the Lacerta

• Bay Watcher
  • Linuxer
    • View Profile
    • The Online Journal of Leerok the Lacerta
Re: Elona Roguelike
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »

you can kill your unborn alien child with poison, drink a potion of dye or poison yourself in some other way and it will be gone

Ah thanks, that worked. It doesn't disinfect the towns, though, which brings much chaotic mirth.

Meanwhile, I've been busy doing odd jobs, munching on the occasional sandwiche, and diving in the puppy dungeon. I went around to the Japanese wiki to find charts detailing the prices of trade goods. Noticing that Noyel and Port Kapul the very highest prices for these goods, I decided to go to Noyel and buy everything they had. This loaded down my wagon immensely to the degree that stepping one tile took several days and rendered my character sleep-deprived. Since it saved after I slept the first time, I decided to slog through.

The most unfortunate effect of this, besides a bug that affected combat speeds, was that I became a criminal within several steps because I hadn't paid my taxes. I didn't get all the way to the port, instead opting to stop at Derphy. It took me two years, leaving me with two years' worth of unpaid taxes.

My plan to get rich quick ended in utter failure. Oh well. At least I had lots of lizard men on my ranch, along with eggs, milk, and a killer squirrel for some reason. I spliced them all together for practice.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2008, 12:57:01 pm »

Avoid the puppy dungeon unless you're sure you're not going to die, ie, bring potions and scrolls of teleport.

When you die in the puppy dungeon, your item drops are gone forever afaik.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2008, 09:46:42 pm »

Alright so I just discovered that the card game is mostly done.  Not sure what I did but I went out for about half an hour and came back and when I came back the game was playing cards.  Ah thats what did it.

When your playing the game hit the F3 key.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2008, 02:51:49 pm »

I see that you, beorn080, was already answered by the game's developer on the Elona forum. For everyone who don't view it - here is Noa's reply on the subject:

"Nope, as the demo shows it only has few functional cards right now. And since I'd like to put more weight on overhauling the production related skills and the economy system, it will take much more time to finish the card game. I guess I'll remove the demo in the next version."

Personally, I have some hope that once actually implemented - that card game will be not any less playable then any other Collectable Card Game out there.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2008, 05:08:09 pm »

The demo (more like a screensaver) seems fun, even tho it only seems to have creature and land cards right now.

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2008, 12:35:49 pm »

I didn't see the previous english edit of the worldmap here, so I'd already edited the japanese one. can be seen here
Wanted to say thanks for the info on how to kill the alien babies. Those things were driving me mad.

I've managed to make a shelter inside my home now, but I'm thinking of branching out and making a storage room next to it (since I "can't drop any more items" at home.)  I have a bunch of the cards the monsters drop. Are they going to be useful in the card game, or are they just junk? If I try to use them it says I don't have a deck.

Requiescat in pace, Nyaaaoo~  =^-^=

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2008, 12:59:34 pm »

If you have a museum drop the cards in there.  They aren't nearly as worthwhile as figures for museum rankings however they do help.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »

If you have a museum drop the cards in there.  They aren't nearly as worthwhile as figures for museum rankings however they do help.

Thanks. Someone said they had bought a deck in a general store and "used" the cards to add them to their deck.
Anyone have more information about that option? I'm lvl 9 and still nowhere near being able to afford a museum. =P

Also, since I haven't seen anyone else mention it; LASER GUNS ROCK.
shoot in any direction, auto aim, never hit your pet, and fire through walls/around corners. Kill bats and public players without having to chase them around. Also, carry two shields instead of equiping a melee weapon.

Give one to your little girl too, and watch her go to town.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:21:25 pm by IckyNeko »

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2008, 05:05:17 pm »

Give one to your little girl too, and watch her go to town.

That sounds hot.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2008, 06:58:16 pm »

XD It kinda does!

I've found some really WEIRD stuff today. I mean sure, we've all seen the shit, but today in the Puppy Cave I found a vomit.

Also, I killed one of my alien kids, and it dropped this:

and damned if the thing doesn't drop gold bars every so often!

Oh, and there's another easy way to up your karma. Someone murdered in town? Find their dropped wallet or suitcase (Lost Property) and take it to a guard. Instant +5 karma.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2008, 07:12:54 pm »

Vomits are worth more then most of the stuff you find.  Kind of an odd game when a bucket of blood is worth 20 times a standard sword.

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2008, 07:17:49 pm »

I found that odd as well. I wonder how much I could get for my "dish of roast <Mad scientist> ?

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2008, 06:16:18 am »

how do I get better at lockpicking? theives' guild?

edit: nvm the skill chick teaches it under "what skills can you teach me"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:46:05 am by IckyNeko »

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2008, 01:19:37 pm »

I had my 16-year-old piano chick have sex with a fourty-year-old dude in a bar. In public. With her pet little girl watching. All involved went insane. My char recovered. The dude did not. 

EDIT: Apparently, she only took off her clothes. So she's hideously ugly enough to drive men insane while naked?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:21:54 pm by Xotes »
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

IckyNeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh be quiet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2008, 04:58:55 am »

XD
if you get "busy" with a shopkeeper that hates you, the rating will go up.
I guess giving "tail" has some use after all. =D

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 141