Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Here's a neat game i came upon (check last post first)  (Read 54409 times)

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a neat game i came upon (check last post first)
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2011, 12:42:54 am »

http://strategyfirst.com/games/2520-...tegy-pack.html

20 game bundle for $9.99

Use Coupon Code: TNPSALE
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2011, 12:51:12 am »

http://strategyfirst.com/games/2520-...tegy-pack.html

20 game bundle for $9.99

Use Coupon Code: TNPSALE
I only recognized patrician 3.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:05 am »

Some super games in the bundle...most of which i own so thae sale is not great for me...Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg for $10 bucks would be what it means to me.  Not a bad deal .
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2011, 07:23:29 am »

that is a crazy good coupon! it saves $60 on the collection, which originally had a value of $223.99

That is great, thanks for sharing. I own almost all of these games, but am buying the package for the 2 I don't own for $9.99 which is still a great deal. Thanks again.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2011, 02:42:41 pm »

Wow. Great deal indeed!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »

Regaring that bundle - I had a sudden lapse of insanity, and have bought it without even checking what's in there. I was like one of those people during Christmas shopping spree: "It's a promotion! I must have it!"
Anyway, after I came to, I went ahead and checked what's in there. So now, you can take a closer look, and decide for yourself if it's worth your 10$+VAT.

All the games are from around 2002, give or take a year.

The good games in the bundle:

Port Royale 2 - a good Pirates! remake.
Space Empires IV Deluxe - the most elaborate 4X game out there, or so I heard.
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold & JA2: Unfinished Business - UFO(aka X-COM)-like, small-squad combat in a banana republic. A classic, really.
Disciples II Gold(two versions, but one of them supposedly includes the other, so there) - an interesting take on the Heroes of Might and Magic idea. Quite a good game, if you're into that kind of stuff.
Sacred Gold - a solid, if somewhat tedious iteration of Diablo. Good alternative for Progress Quest.
Patrician III - a mixture of Pirates! and Caesar games, as far as I can tell from the reviews. Building a merchant empire in medieval northern Germany.

The average games:

Darkstar One - an Elite remake, basically.
O.R.B. - a Homeworld-like game. Real time strategy in full 3D space. Boring campaign. Has multiplayer.

Bad games:

Tortuga Two Treasures - a poorly made action adventure
Gods Land of Infinity SE - a poorly made, uber-cliche RPG
Alliance Future Combat - a horribad real-time strategy, set in the near future(now past, actually)

Games I know nothing concrete about:

Space Empire: Star Fury - Elite clone, with 3D graphics and 2D environment(huh?). Average reviews.
Combat Missions Barbarossa to Berlin & Combat Missions Beyond Overlord - ? very good reviews, but both look somehow more dated than the rest of the bunch.
Tortuga Pirates of the New World - ? same as the other Tortuga?
WWII Frontline Command - A real-time WWII, squad-based strategy game. From the makers of Z. Average reviews.
Strategic Command II - Looks like a hardcore military strategy. Large scale.
Strategic Command I European Theatre - ? like the other one, I suppose.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2011, 10:00:47 am »

Thanks, Il Palazzo. I bought it because of a few games in the pack I knew I wanted (Space Empires 4, the JA games, Patrician III). Good to know at least a few of the others will be worth trying out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2011, 01:24:16 pm »

The combat missiions games are great tactical combat and there are gazillions of mods, much better graphics, out there.   Strategic command is good but i bought the first expansion, $15, cause the game seemed to be missing stuff.  They got me on that one. 

-Blackthorne

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2011, 09:56:55 am »

http://strategyfirst.com/games/2584-sfi-casual-collection.html

another bundle for $9.99

coupon code is   Casual

I don't know any of these games. 

-Blackthorne

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2011, 02:15:52 pm »

Space Empire: Star Fury - Elite clone, with 3D graphics and 2D environment(huh?). Average reviews.

that "game" came out between SE4 and SE5.  It was essentially a tech demo of what the 3d combat in SE5 would look like, and was a starting point for all the shipset modelers to start working with the new format.  i think calling it a game and selling it was a little bit audacious, but of the SE4 fans i know that played it, they mostly thought it was good.

one of the advantages is that it is highly modable, like the other SE games.  just about everything in it can be changed, and there were some custom campaigns that were supposed to be pretty good.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2011, 02:57:10 am »

ZunTzu

http://www.zuntzu.com/index.htm

looks pretty cool

-Blackthorne

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2011, 11:47:55 am »

ZunTzu

http://www.zuntzu.com/index.htm

looks pretty cool

Why, they have Civilization!!!!
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Blackthorne

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2011, 01:37:19 am »

-Blackthorne

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2011, 01:00:43 pm »

http://www.playbigleague.com/

omg!  I LOVED its predecessor!!!  Whee!!!!!

-Blackthorne
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20