Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294271 times)

NightK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1230 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:31 am »

That was some time ago, I don't remember.

Sadly, those artifacts were never used. That fort either got abandoned by me, out of boredom, or was destroyed after I breached the HFS, by accident.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 30, 2013, 11:13:23 pm »

I stopped lurking and made an account specifically for this thread.

And it's just thrones all the way down...
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 01, 2013, 03:45:13 am »

A bituminous coal bed. For reference, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_%28geology%29 .

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 01, 2013, 07:39:38 pm »

my best artifact was an orthoclase lever. :D
Levers are buildings, not items. How is that possible?
Build a mechanism and it becomes a lever. Artifact mechanisms make especially shiny levers that make your dwarves very happy when they are placed in the dining room.

pabrams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 10, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »

[...]
And it's just thrones all the way down...
It has a picture of itself?  That's awesome.

Sound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 10, 2013, 05:14:47 pm »

While not the best artifact from a practical point of view, a hammer made a few forts back was very fun and undeniably dwarfy. You see, Masterwork DF introduced slag as a byproduct of smelting stuff. Slag is VERY heavy. So my weaponsmith deceded to make a slag meteor hammer, which is masterwork for huge frickin two-handed hammer of death. Wanting to see it in action, i equipped my commander with it, and sendt him and his squad to kill some random undead. Thing is, that hammer weighed over 300 urists, compared to a silver warhammers somewhere around 10, so he was so slowed down he didn't reach the fighting, and he died of dehydration on the way back. In hindsight, i shoulda put that sucker in a weapon trap, and watched the carnage.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:20 pm »

That. Sounds. So. Dwarvenly. AWESOME.
He died of DEHYDRATION walking to and from battle?
I'd call that epic. I'm willing to put a whole toonie ($2 coin) into the "epic jar" for that one.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 11, 2013, 03:53:43 am »

Spoiler: My best artifact (click to show/hide)

I absolutely made fun of this in the update of my long dead Community Fort and I don't regret a thing about making fun of it.

What did I do with this holy bucket? Made it my Overmare's/Head of Security/Executioner's personal well. I feel like it got put to well use :D

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 11, 2013, 05:51:54 am »

larimyam, neoyawned the candy shield. worth around 1400000 DB. it had a picture of a cloud made of candy on it.

two candy wafers for a shield is a solid deal considering most candy shield cost 4 wafers.

i believe it will have a poor shield charge attack, but great defensive capabilities due to candy being the strongest material in the game.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 11, 2013, 08:07:23 am »

larimyam, neoyawned the candy shield. worth around 1400000 DB. it had a picture of a cloud made of candy on it.

two candy wafers for a shield is a solid deal considering most candy shield cost 4 wafers.

i believe it will have a poor shield charge attack, but great defensive capabilities due to candy being the strongest material in the game.
Sorry to pop your bubble but all shields have exactly the same defensive ability, even wooden ones compared to candy.
Nom nom nom

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:32 am »

An artifact steel (or other heavy material) shield is better, since all artifact shields block 3x more than a normal shield, but you can't really bash things with candy shields. Also, all shields are indestructible and can block anything.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 11, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

An artifact steel (or other heavy material) shield is better, since all artifact shields block 3x more than a normal shield, but you can't really bash things with candy shields. Also, all shields are indestructible and can block anything.
I disagree.
Light shields slow down your dwarves far less. You need a balance between offensive and light.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 14, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

I had a fort a while ago where every single artifact was an undergarment... either a loincloth or a thong.  Like 5 of them.  My wife kept asking me "how are your perverted Dorfs doing?" until I abandoned them in distaste.

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 14, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »

Delethgelut-Polishedthreats the llama bone toy boat!

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 14, 2013, 09:49:45 pm »

Nethlogem Bonunumoz, "Balancepaints the Sooty Rampage," a goblin bone mask

This is a goblin bone mask. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with pigtail fiber and encircled with bands of goblin bone. This object menaces with spikes of green glass.
On the item is an image of The Diversion of Zeal the adamantine battle axe in native platinum.
On the item is an image of a quarry bush in rope reed fiber.
On the item is an image or Or Sculptcut the human and Bagsnub Saffronjudge the Will of Perfection the ettin in alpaca wool. Bagsnub Saffronjudge the Will of Perfection is striking down Or
Sculptcut. The artwork relates to the killing of the human Or Sculptcut by the ettin Bagsnub Saffronjudge the Will of Perfection in the Forest of Shearing in 724.
On the item is an image of briolette cut gems in claro opal. On the item is an image of smooth pebbles in forgotten beast silk.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89