Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294272 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1215 on: March 05, 2013, 05:05:45 pm »

also once had an adamantine sock :|
Which begs the question: if you didn't want something useless, why were you turning your adamantine into cloth?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 05, 2013, 05:18:09 pm »

also once had an adamantine sock :|
Which begs the question: if you didn't want something useless, why were you turning your adamantine into cloth?
Maybe he wanted an adamantine thong. The ultimate chastity belt.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 07, 2013, 03:17:13 pm »

Earlier, I got one lead right gauntlet, which was funny, but I just got "Lertethadar, The Tangled Mortality, a perfect amethyst".  It's encrusted with ruby and the value is....BLANK!  There isn't even a zero!  So, essentially my (already) legendary gemcutter took something of value and made it worthless beyond even noting.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 07, 2013, 03:19:29 pm »

Earlier, I got one lead right gauntlet, which was funny, but I just got "Lertethadar, The Tangled Mortality, a perfect amethyst".  It's encrusted with ruby and the value is....BLANK!  There isn't even a zero!  So, essentially my (already) legendary gemcutter took something of value and made it worthless beyond even noting.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the reason that the item shows no value is that you have no broker trained in appraisal.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:44 pm »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the reason that the item shows no value is that you have no broker trained in appraisal.

Doh!  You're right.  Hadn't concidered that. :P It was during my spiral and the broker at the time had gone insane.  Lost a lot of good dwarfs during the Great Coffer Battle of 127. (totally my own fault)
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Beautiful Doom Unicorn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 10, 2013, 12:08:25 pm »

Duralilush Gan Kebon, "Honorcarnage the Dish of Odors", a yak bone battle axe

This is a yak bone battle axe. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with yak bone and draltha leather. On the item is an image of dwarves in dog bone. The dwarves are laboring. The artwork related to the foundation of Whitewall by The Citadel of Wanderers of The Foggy Bodices in the early spring of 148.

Ringsea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 10, 2013, 07:38:10 pm »

Well, I don't have a picture since I never thought it was cool enough, but every dwarf ever seems to think it is.

"Crabblewarks the Autonomous Bowel," which is a steel battleaxe I ended up with one time. That fort fell a LONG time ago, some 30 in-game years, and was never recovered. Buuut, I've had nearly a dozen artifacts reference it, including: 2 cups, 3 cages, a table, a crown, and some other stuff. I never even USED it, and nearly every artifact for the last 30 years has referenced it.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 24, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »

I have had a golden battle axe (which was quite a shit), which was quoted in nearly EVERY artifacts i made. I am at the 12th year, I made more or less 12 artifacts since that, and I would say that I have 8 with an image of this on it.

Amazing, but my last artifact speaks about the arrival of a new king in my civilization (which is extinct, I am the only fortress for the last 300 years), a vampire one...in the year 1 !
I didn't know that there were vampires in the year 1.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 24, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »

a steel shortsword menacing with spikes of bone was a memorable one from a couple forts back, currently my most useful one is a goblin bone crossbow.

ramensoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 24, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »

Ezum Alron, "The Hame of Amethysts", a adamantite mace. It has a picture of itself on it. Given to a rookie for the hell of it, haha.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 24, 2013, 03:54:15 pm »

Are the "spikes" useful, or are they only decorative ?

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 24, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »

Ezum Alron, "The Hame of Amethysts", a adamantite mace. It has a picture of itself on it. Given to a rookie for the hell of it, haha.

candy is very bad for maces tho, so you should probly give the mace to your captain of the guard or hammerer.

And spikes are only decorative

ramensoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 24, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »

candy is very bad for maces tho, so you should probly give the mace to your captain of the guard or hammerer.

And spikes are only decorative

I didn't think about that, thanks.

NightK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 25, 2013, 03:25:42 pm »

My two best artifacts were created one after the other, on the same fortress, a few months back.

The first one was an iron short sword, encrusted with a red gem. I was quite happy, as it was my first artifact weapon, and gave it to my best swordsdwarf. Then I got another artifact, an iron chainmail also encrusted with a red gem of some kind, that I gave to the same dwarf.

filipmolnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 26, 2013, 02:40:51 am »

My two best artifacts were created one after the other, on the same fortress, a few months back.

The first one was an iron short sword, encrusted with a red gem. I was quite happy, as it was my first artifact weapon, and gave it to my best swordsdwarf. Then I got another artifact, an iron chainmail also encrusted with a red gem of some kind, that I gave to the same dwarf.

Thats some serious bling on your dwarf. Hope he kills sieges and becomes a true legend. Whats his name?
D_E is a true saint.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89