Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294174 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1245 on: July 16, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »

I received a really good artifact in my current fortress.  A bronze chain with a few decorations (lapis spikes and gneiss cabochons, iirc).  Its worth 16,500*, so it is currently about 60 % of my fortress worth at the moment (18 months in).  I'm hoping to get a masterwork bucket so I can make a really fashionable well out of these.

*edit*

I just got my third artifact for Inethdeler, my current fortress.  I thought the bronze chain was useful but, but one of my farmers was just possessed and constructed a truely wonderfully named, and useful artifact, considering I am sitting out two simultaneous undead sieges right now at the beginning of my third year.

Quote from: In the journal of Etur Asmelrober, expedition leader of Inethdeler
11 Felsite 86
    Ustuth Stinthadamaith, Planeter, has created Ubas Ziril (The Scream of Fire), a water buffalo bone crossbow. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of water buffalo bone, dog bone and square brilliant cut cats eye. this object menaces with spikes of water buffalo leather. On the item is an image of Iden Gusiles the dwarf in granite.
    I place its value at 30,000*.
    The odd part about this is the picture of our first fortress liaison, Iden Gusiles.  He was here all that first winter, but hasn't returned since.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:16:36 pm by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:51 pm »

Fismine's best artifact is this wolf bone crown, just created.  Not only does it sound totally awesome to wear, it also has Fishmine's history in a nutshell carved into it and was made by a kid.  Plus the name is cool and it features my slightly detrimental but fancily named Queen.

Galleyfocuses the Destruction of Soldiers, a Wolf Bone Crown
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Geletin Skeleton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 19, 2013, 12:16:34 am »

Zustashebal Tustemanan, "Ancientrevered the Courteous Nights", a basalt flute
Brace yourselves, this could get ugly.
made in vanilla DF by a possessed child in about 5 months.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 19, 2013, 02:39:34 am »

bug exploit !

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 19, 2013, 09:44:33 am »

My best artifact, I haven't had many so its one of these two:

Krition: A leather right-hand glove
or
A palm table whose name I cannot remember. A party was thrown at it once.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1250 on: October 20, 2013, 09:14:20 am »

My best artifact, I haven't had many so its one of these two:

Krition: A leather right-hand glove
or
A palm table whose name I cannot remember. A party was thrown at it once.

That table:  Table flipping like a sir.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 20, 2013, 10:11:32 am »

The context is important for this one. I once generated a pocket world with 1050 years long history - a world, where dwarven civilization was slowly succumbing to the goblin hordes and kobold ambushes (these were the only three races left). Caught in centuries long conflict, their last king having fallen along with their capital several hundreds of years ago, the dwarves decided to restore the former glory of their once strong empire.

They founded a fortress.

It was there where the expedition leader created a sculpture that would serve as a reminder to every dwarf and so no-one would forget why were they there and how important was the task ahead of them.

Spoiler: Artifact (click to show/hide)

I always imagined the statue to look a bit like one of those WWII memorials with Soviet Soldiers charging into certain death.
...save for the goblins, that is. :-)
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1252 on: October 24, 2013, 08:51:34 am »

I had a bone crossbow yesterday, spiked with bone, encircled with bone.  Then the game crashed while I was trying to assign it to my hunter, and I hadn't saved recently. It was worth about 3k dwarfbux.

It probably wouldn't have been that good, but still.  I need to turn autosave back on!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 24, 2013, 08:53:39 am »

Does this count? Found it in Legends. I was pretty freaked out, tbh.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 02, 2013, 07:17:50 pm »

Does this count? Found it in Legends. I was pretty freaked out, tbh.

An adamantine slab that contains the secrets of life and death named "Phantom Skulls, the Dust of Fate"?  Sometimes I love this game.  I assume that necromantic power is gained by shaking dust out of the adamantine matrix into some blood and drinking it out of the skull of a defeated foe.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

bigcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 02, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »

Laluthebal, "Floodrevered", a adamantine mace

This is a adamantine mace.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with rectangular sandstone cabochons, studded with adamantine and encircled with bands of bugbat leather, trillion cut clear zircons, cushion orthoclase cabochons and rectangular red flash opal cabochons.
This object is adorned with hanging rings of bugbat leather
On the item is an image of Floodrevered the adamantine mace in rope reed fiber

Basic value: 1033200

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1256 on: November 03, 2013, 10:35:33 am »

Laluthebal, "Floodrevered", a adamantine mace

This is a adamantine mace.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with rectangular sandstone cabochons, studded with adamantine and encircled with bands of bugbat leather, trillion cut clear zircons, cushion orthoclase cabochons and rectangular red flash opal cabochons.
This object is adorned with hanging rings of bugbat leather
On the item is an image of Floodrevered the adamantine mace in rope reed fiber

Basic value: 1033200

Say now, that's a fine weapon for your Hammerer!

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:18 pm »

Absolutely can't believe I've never seen this thread before. Fascinating...

I digress. I have for your inspection a steel short sword, 'Curledgift the Bent Affliction'. I am fond of it due to the extreme havoc it wreaks. It has the image of a forgotten beast in steel, which is cool also.

The 'Frightful Cloak of Earth' has personally slain ten or so invaders per siege, on two occasions. This kill rate is all the more remarkable, because invaders must first negotiate a vortex of destruction rained down on them by my elite marksdwarves (x20). He is also in competition with several other quite ferocious sluggers, armed with artifact and adopted weapons. Pickings are slim.

Front gates? Traps? You offend me sir!

Anyway, here it is:

Edit: Just noticed one of the slain is a minotaur entitled 'Kok Flysabres the Phlegm of Shadows'. Probably about the most outrageous name I've heard for an entity, so far.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:14:38 pm by Dwarvinator »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 04, 2013, 05:05:53 pm »

ether a tower-cap shield (that is it no the craftsmanship is of the the highest quality or any thing else) worth 24 dorfbucks or fungiwood spear worth 18 dorfbucks
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 04, 2013, 08:33:04 pm »

Likotamid Zes Amug, Inklistened the Brand of Fog, the adamantine short sword, or Rifotkurel, Blocklion, the platinum warhammer?

the sword has better decorations, but I like blunt weapons more.

also the hammer lord has one more kill than the swordmaster.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89