Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294253 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1185 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:49 pm »

Newest fortress and my first mood was the armorcrafter, who made a bismuth bronze helm studded with spikes.  Was quite useful as I was just starting to put in my armor and weapon orders for my yet to train militia members. ;)  The bad part -- it was a possession.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 30, 2013, 06:26:48 am »

Possession needs to have something else than the negative fact that the dwarf in question do not gain skill to separate them from the other moods. Same for fey.

Fell moods are COOL, too bad that there is no easy way to make a individual dwarf have a fell mood.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:30 pm »

My Favorite I forget it's name, but it's going in my mayors,when I get 1, bedroom.

A bed made of shale with gneiss cabochons and menacing with silver spikes.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:34 pm »

An adamantine toy boat worth 5 million..

Damn dwarven children

rainpeltstar

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:geniosity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 01, 2013, 04:05:13 pm »

The best artifact I've ever had in terms of usefulness is Lenshamaral Becor Gelut, "Denwoman the Temptation of Threats", a black bronze greaves.

The most valuble one (Worth 48,000) is Ikor Rithar, "The Warrior of Trammels", a perfect amethyst.
Loves lapis lazuli, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume cheese puffs. She absolutely detests heights.

Slash Harkiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 03, 2013, 02:04:04 am »

This is a granite floodgate, all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
it menaces with spikes of diamond, it menaces with spikes of ruby.
on it is a marble carving of elves, the elves are on fire.

safe to say, this was used as the buisness end of my magma cannon
Angry Beards: The game where you shoot dwarves at goblin towers for stealing your beardlings.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 04, 2013, 02:33:08 am »

A bismuth bronze low boot. It menaces with spikes of donkey bone.

Very scary.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:21 am »

When they figured out how to planepacked, I made my own, but I dident want it to be a statue, so when my weaponsmith got a mood I made... "The Black Death" A platinum Warhammer. Had about 6 pages of descriptions and was worth 25,000,000 dorfbucks.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1193 on: February 07, 2013, 05:22:37 pm »

My carpenter just made a wooden barrel. Too bad it was a possession.  I had a turquoise barrel in a previous fort. 
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Fallenworldful

• Bay Watcher
  • The Expert !!Newb!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 07, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

I finally got something to beat that Slade Warhammer decorated with Plat I lost in an older fort.

A gold shortsword made using the planepacked glitch, it used (I think) 10 gold bars in its construction.
It was worth quite a bit.
The Vile Force of Darkness strikes Fallenworldful's Fortress, jamming the skull through the brain!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been knocked unconscious!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been struck down.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 07, 2013, 11:45:15 pm »

It's not a fort mode artifact, but Legends mode coughed up this gem...  With emphasis on what makes it so great, I present... "Annihilation Without Limits"!

A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:16 am »

A gold shortsword made using the planepacked glitch, it used (I think) 10 gold bars in its construction.
It was worth quite a bit.

Sounds familiar...

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »

Just now I acquired "The Dirge of Beasts," a dwarf-bone mace. On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves. The dwarves are striking down the dwarves. Crafted by a fell child in the final days of Knightspear, amid the chaos of the last 30 miserable bastards left alive, to tantrum and kill each other in the last sad, sickening parody of the fellowship they once lived in.
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 20, 2013, 01:22:09 am »

Just now I acquired "The Dirge of Beasts," a dwarf-bone mace. On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves. The dwarves are striking down the dwarves. Crafted by a fell child in the final days of Knightspear, amid the chaos of the last 30 miserable bastards left alive, to tantrum and kill each other in the last sad, sickening parody of the fellowship they once lived in.
It sounds like a thing of beauty.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:33 am »

It sounds like a thing of beauty.
When I reclaim that fortress, I'll be sure to equip it on someone of importance. Nothing imbues the gravity of office like a mace made from the bones of your failed predecessor. :D
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89