Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404082 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #210 on: September 06, 2008, 03:40:59 pm »

don't worry. i missed it a couple of times too.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 06, 2008, 10:21:42 pm »

This thread gets the S^4 (Strife's Seal of Suberb Satisfaction).

Keep up the good work comrades!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 06, 2008, 10:23:02 pm »

Strife, why do you hate penguins and never give my RTD the strife seal of superb satisfaction?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2008, 10:27:21 pm »

I was posting as you were. But you only got a semi-seal becuase of the bad tittle.

No, I am not anti-penguin.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2008, 12:42:31 am »

S***
I helped the elves XD. I'm not going to be around probably until tommorow so I will post my other action now
second action following party forming:
With my Illusion skills I make every elf that is around (not just these 2) believe that he is a chicken that has no desire of fighting

Also I have a question:
Does skills make some actions avaible? Or maybe they help at attempting these?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2008, 04:35:55 am »

Since the dice are not the end-all, in this setting and ruleset, skills and other parameters that don't influence rolls directly still influence the outcomes of the actions. If you try casting a fireball without knowing how to cast it, and if the universe does not have any equivalents to a fireball spell, then your success margin is only one number, 5. If, in the same situation, the universe does support magic on that level, then on a 4 or a 5 you will succeed, though with possible backlashes on a 4. If you know how to cast fireballs, and the universe supports that, you may even succeed on a 3. It's all defined by the GM, in the end. ;)

Background rolls are things your characters might have noticed in the course of the actions without specifically looking, like that trapdoor a few turns back.
---
In other news. The turn is shaping up well, unless the two remaining characters bork something again. I'll give an auto-succeed on party formation, because Rooster went away before I could explain that there's nothing in the setting or system to uphold the "party", other than the players themselves. I mean really, what do your expect? Auto-dividing EXP or loot? :P

In other other news. Rooster, your ability extends only to those people you can see, and you only can make them see something and believe in it. You cannot hypnotise them into thinking they are chickens. Therefore unless you change it, that last action will autofail.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2008, 05:10:55 am »

I force the evil iron man's spirit out of my body, letting me take control again

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2008, 05:31:11 am »

That one went surprisingly well for you, Kashyyk, despite some awful die rolls... ::)

Alright, we're only waiting for Boksi now.

Hint: Now that we've stabilized local affairs, this will officially be the last safe turn in the village.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:33:45 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2008, 05:44:51 am »

That one went surprisingly well for you, Kashyyk, despite some awful die rolls... :)

Does that mean I get my body back?

Hint: Now that we've stabilized local affairs, this will officially be the last safe turn in the village.

um, I hope I get my body back, as it will help, a lot!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2008, 09:01:51 am »

Yay! I finaly got some working computer...(I though that I wouldn't until tommorow)
I would Like to comment my party forming action
-Its true that we could do it outside the game, but I wanted to make it an action for some RTD awesomness
- I would like to see what will be the Game Master's reply to this action and the outcome of the die roll
(because making it an auto- succes wouldn't be as cool as doing the die roll)

I should probably change my second action to:
I create an illusion of a nature god that will command every elf I encounter to commit ritual suicide
(I guess it's better way to deal with the elves)

Oh and you can change the forming a party action into:
"I want the world to recognize us as famous heroes"
as you see fit ( If you feel that making a party would do nothing that isn't already around)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:09:31 am by Rooster »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2008, 09:30:56 am »

I attempt to become resistant to damage somehow.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2008, 10:19:55 am »

Seeing as the world you're on isn't the only one you're going to be on, I'll rather keep the previous action.

Alright, turn's up! I'm not at home now, so please search for any errors.
------------   
Turn 8   
------------   
Quote from: andrea
   i try to healmyself!
=[5-1=4]   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I help andrea with his wounds.
=[6]
[4]&[6]=[6]   As the elf plucks his bow from andrea's side, the bleeding intensifies. Andrea starts concentrating to close the wound. Chaoticag attempts to help, but he can't control the power! A blast of telekinetic force sends people and items around him flying!
andrea:[4]   You managed to stay on your feet, possibly because chaoticag meant no harm to you.
Bow-elf 2:[2]   He did mean to harm the elf though! He goes flying backwards and is smashed into the wall by the force! [3] His body is battered and he screams in pain, but he manages to avoid taking serious damage. He loses his blood-covered bow.
All other players dodge random underwear and clothing:
Boksi:[4]   You hold your halberd in front of you and slice up anything that flies your way.
Rooster:[1]   You're hit smack in the face by a leather thong. You're too shocked to retain your balance and fall. You're dazed.
Frelock:[4]   All that stretching made you flexible enough to dodge a few loincloths that were threatening your dignity.
Jay Kayell:[6]   JK POWER BASH! You use your power-gauntlet to smack a torn pair of heavy leather breeches away from you! They fly right back at chaoticag!
chaoticag:[2]   Hull breech! Hull breech! Chaoticag's body is battered by the breeches! [3] A few ribs crack from the force, but he remains standing.
korora:[1]   You dive towards the door to evade the flying leather skirt! But you forgot about the door fragments! [3] You now have scratches and splinters all over your chest and abdomen.
Gantolandon:[5]   You leisurely evade a few articles of clothing. You even manage to catch a very nice-looking pair of white socks.
Kashyyk/golem:[6-1=5]   Despite being shocked and confused, the golem is still iron and cannot be harmed by mere clothing, so it pays no attention to it.
Bow-elf 1:[5]   The elf overcomes his dizzyness and expertly dodges whatever was flying at him.
   Amidst all the tumult, andrea finally managed to concentrate enough to close all of his wounds.
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I cry a blasphemous word and roundhouse kick the elf into the head, intending to knock it off! (I presume you mean Bow-elf 2 that stabbed andrea.)
=[5]   Being crushed against the wall, the elf couldn't do much to prevent your powerful kick from connecting with his head. [2] His skull broke like a piñata, but no candy came out. Instead, both the wall and your right foot are now splattered with elven blood and brains.
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I smash one elf so that it flies into the other!
=[4]   You run up to Bow-elf 2 just as his head was bopped by Gantolandon's roundhouse. Unabashed, you smite the poor mangled corpse with such force that it flies across the room, right at Bow-elf 1! [2] Still shocked by the horrible death of his companion, the elf couldn't get his wits together in time to dodge the dead body of said companion. [6] But as the body hit him, the elf screamed in rage, hatred and sorrow, and torn the body in half with his bare hands! He's blood-covered, and VERY angry now.(+1 to all his rolls)
Quote from: korora
   I attack any elves that are still in the room and alive by the time my turn comes around.
=[5]   You get up from the ground and walk back in. Seeing the bloody mess created by the elf, and hearing him scream with rage, you feel your own rage building up a bit. Suddenly you dash across the room, brandishing your weapons, then leap up, and come down on the elf like a runaway grain harvester.
Elf avoids becoming "well-minced":[1+1=2]   Grain harvester or meat grinder, both work. The warhammer connected sideways with the elf's face, crushing the frail bones and leaving him half-blind. Continuing the combo, you turned round, slashing open his abdomen with the axe, then hammering on his chest, breaking his ribcage, and finally bringing your axe down on his head. [4+1] That last hit sent him tumbling backwards, but didn't kill him or even knock him out. Despite horrendous wounds, the elf still clutches to his life, hoping aid will come.
Quote from: LASD
   I proceed to browse in an unlocked abandoned shop (that preferably sells armor).
=[6]   You stand in front of the shop. The door is closed. You know the owner is gone. Taking no chances with the lock, and wasting no time, you charge, shoulder first, against the door!
Wario wares!:[2]   Ow! You should've spent more time buffing your musculature. Or gaining weight. The door creaks loudly, but doesn't break.
Quote from: Frelock
   I do some stretches and exercises to improve my agility more
=[3]   You exercise, and you exercise, but you don't feel like you get anywhere.
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I force the evil iron man's spirit out of my body, letting me take control again
=[1+2=3]   You use the psychologic leverage you obtained to push the iron man's spirit out of your body, but the spirit is too strong! It attacks your soul, attempting to destroy you! [1-1] But having spent your time locked away, you managed to prepare a trap for it! You engulf it with your spirit! The raging spirit of the legendary iron man is now locked within you. You can get angry at will to receive +1 to physical action rolls in exchange for -1 to dodge rolls for 1 turn. You also get +1 to rolls involving the "Enrage other" ability.
Quote from: Boksi
   I attempt to become resistant to damage somehow.
=[4]   Through hard concentration, you manage to alter your TK healing power. Your skin and muscles become interwoven with carbon fibers, increasing their resistance to cutting and piercing attacks while retaining their flexibility. (+1 to damage evade rolls against them) Your bones and internal organs are not affected, and you're still susceptible to bludgeoning attacks. In addition, your skin turns a greyish color, and anyone attempting to do healing on you, including yourself, must do so with a -1 penalty.
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to convince other players to form an adventurer party of some kind
=[5]   You rally together all the players! You stand together, ready to withstand the coming elven onslaught like a set of pins before a strike, to fall only to rise again!
------------   
NPC Actions:   
Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   In the genuine "I'll die, but I'll take you with me" manner, the bow-elf attempts to shoot an arrow at korora.
=[2+1=3]   He manages to get up on his knees. He fits the arrow to the string and bends the bow, but can't keep it together. The arrow falls out of his grasp before he releases the string, in a loud but harmless <twang>. [2+1](Morale) His rage leaves him. He barely keeps himself from dropping on the floor in misery.
Bow-elf 1's survival roll: [3]   He is still bleeding badly, his breathing is faint. He is visibly pale.
------------   
Background: [6]   In his walking through the town, LASD noticed some peculiar developments. Dwarves are constructing something out on the town outskirts and the keep roof. Armed men band together and run towards the town borders. Wooden arrows can be seen stuck into the ground in many places. There is a great smoke rising from the temple. Back in the tavern, when the sounds of battle die off, someone hears faint but insistant "ee-ee-ee-ee" pulsing sounds from the panel on the second floor.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing a dark jacket of Karl Moebius leather, but stil naked from the waist downwards. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. (-1 to target damage roll)   
Unharmed. Skin and flesh is of greyish color.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack) Carbon Flesh Interweave (+1 to dodge rolls against cuts and stabs, -1 to any healing attempts).   
andrea:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Unharmed, but slightly dizzy with the blood loss.   
Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Bound to kill 5(-1) elves by the dwarven god of war and artifice. (-1 to all nonviolent action rolls until 4 more elves are killed) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
korora:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a pink bra around the neck. A red scarf is coiled around left lower arm. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Small scratches and a few splinters in left foot. Scratches and splinters all over the chest and abdomen. Minor bleeding.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding an +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+. (target must roll to avoid splinters)   
A pair of cracked ribs.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in dried vomit. Right foot covered with elven blood and brains. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks.   
Unharmed.   
Frelock:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear.   
Unharmed.   
Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Can be cautious while calm. (-1 to rolls above 2 when calm) - use of ability must be stated. Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Kashyyk:   
Standing upright.   
Naked.   
Unharmed. Flesh turned into iron.   
Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality (+1). Has absorbed the raging spirit of a legendary iron man. Can get angry at will.(+1 to physical rolls, -1 to all dodge, for 1 turn) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Rooster:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Blessed by a god of peace. (+1 to nonviolent actions until a living being is killed) "Blessed" by a goblin god of trickery and lies. (can make an NPC believe an illusion in exchange for a -1 to all rolls until next action) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
LASD:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a broken chair and underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Well-made suit (+1 to persuading to do a nonviolent action)   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+.   
Unharmed.   
Novice Wrestler (+1 to critical dodge when grappled) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
---------   
NPC Status:   
One quite thoroughly mangled and miserable bow-elf.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern   two-floor building littered with underwear, torn clothing, blood, gore, elven corpses, and broken wooden furniture. There's a pile of steel weapons there, some of it stuck into the first floor's ceiling. It also houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 10:26:43 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2008, 10:42:36 am »

I think you forgot to include my bonus for strength actions? Doesn't matter though, everything worked out anyways.

For this turn: I use the elf corpses, weapons and different articles of underwear to build a golem to do my bidding.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2008, 10:46:10 am »

I attempt to heal my ribs.

Sidenote:
knowing my constant high rolls, someone will die.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2008, 10:48:17 am »

Am I in the adventuring party? And If I am, am I inside the tavern or are all the other players outside the shop?

I wov not to take any offensive action against anyone ever to please a/the god of peace and thus grant me power.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:50:43 pm by LASD »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 409