Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404053 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2008, 07:18:48 am »

multiworld explorers

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2008, 07:24:11 am »

Don't expect any party bonuses or anything. Though as long as you go together, the individual chances for survival are higher, if only because there's always someone else to take that random bolt for you. :)

Also, subtle hint: you don't really need to kill all the elves, or save this town or anything (though that's probably one of the ways).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2008, 07:28:28 am »

i know that, but i have to fight... and going away from the battle might not be easy.

edit: and don't try to go to another world before i kill my elves! i don't want to keep having -1 on non violent actions

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2008, 08:11:57 am »

By the way, completely forgot to ask: how's the new turn data layout? I cheated a bit and stuck all tags into an Excel spreadsheet, which adds some tabulation at certain places, but is really easy to edit, and allows storing all turns as pages within one document.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2008, 08:55:27 am »

I help andrea in killing the elves.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2008, 09:21:46 am »

thanks. any help is good. i'll try to remember to help you when you will need it.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2008, 09:40:44 am »

I speak to my hatchet in secret tongue of Ancient Dead Civilization, trying to awaken magic in it. I tell it how it hates the cursed elves, who would like to see it destroyed for wounding their worthless wood. Yes, it hates dwarves too. It surely remembers how badly they treated it when it had been a young metal ore. First they poked it with a pick, then they smelted it and convinced to multiple hammerings. That would never happen with more civilized race, like - for example - humans.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2008, 10:27:09 am »

I attempt to learn healing magic.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2008, 10:58:28 am »

I speak to my hatchet in secret tongue of Ancient Dead Civilization, trying to awaken magic in it. I tell it how it hates the cursed elves, who would like to see it destroyed for wounding their worthless wood. Yes, it hates dwarves too. It surely remembers how badly they treated it when it had been a young metal ore. First they poked it with a pick, then they smelted it and convinced to multiple hammerings. That would never happen with more civilized race, like - for example - humans.
Your imagination is too fertile.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2008, 11:25:51 am »

No it isn't! That's perfectly reasonable. He's just being a manipulative bastard, really.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 06, 2008, 12:24:21 pm »

Alright, I'm waiting for only korora. This turn, several important things happened, and we have the first major injury in the game. Then again, there are now enough medics around to keep someone alive under minigun fire.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2008, 01:11:14 pm »

Sorry guys, I was sleeping due to weekend.  I'll go outside and look for an armor shop, though I'm not sure I'll be able to match my current ensemble of pink bra necklace and red scarf armband.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »

post the rolls!
you can't tell us that something bad and soemthing important happened without posting the rolls. that is evil!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2008, 02:00:23 pm »

If you spot some plot inconsistencies, like not giving abilities where due, or losing items somewhere, please tell me, I'll fix them.

This turn was alright on the overall, but was in the end marred by someone receiving serious injuries after someone's good intentions backfired. Then again, the core of the problem was the first someone borking the first collaboration action in the game.
------------   
Turn 7   
------------   
Quote from: Boksi
   I suppose I'll try to put on my jacket, then. Can't screw that up too badly.
=[4-1=3]   You put on your jacket. It's really creepy, especially if you consider that you're going against elves in a jacket made of ecologist leather. Also, you're still naked from the waist downwards.

Quote from: andrea & chaoticag collaboration

=[1]&[2]=[2]   Andrea approaches the faintly breathing elf in the corner, with chaoticag close behind. Standing above the helpless figure, andrea mercilessy raises his maul above his head. Too mercilessly, in fact, because he nearly hits chaoticag in the process. Seeing that help was probably not needed here, chaoticag turns to walk to the other elf, but at this time, the first elf uses andrea's moment of distraction to throw his legs forward, and trip him!

Quote from: andrea
   i attack the elves that are inside the tavern.
=[1]   You were tripped by the second bow-elf. [2] You fell down, sprained your left ankle, and hurt your left elbow as you landed. Your maul, which was raised at the time, slightly bruised your head.

Quote from: chaoticag
   I help Andrea in killing the elves.
=[2]   You barely noticed andrea falling, and ducked away just in time not to be hit by the maul. You then helped andrea get up. That concluded your collaboration.

Quote from: Kashyyk
   I concentrate, trying to make my next action have a bonus to it's roll
=[6]   In a flash of desperation, you call upon every power you ever posessed, to augment your own in your fight with this evil spirit. Suddenly, you feel another, more recent power activating! You have ordered the iron man, being the closest being to you that is not you attack yourself with utmost rage! The golem punches itself in the face!
Iron man dodges own fist:[1]   KER-WHACK! Iron clashing against iron! The sudden blow, coming from an unexpected direction, has completely confused the iron man's spirit. (You get a +2 to your next action, the golem gets -1 until his next)

Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I smash the iron golem through the roof with my mace!
=[2+1=3]   You run up to the golem, swing hard, and crash your mace upwards into its groin! The golem staggers back a few steps, but remains standing. Unfortunately, iron isn't all that sensitive. But if you damaged anything, Kashyyk will rip your own groin off when he returns. :)

Quote from: Rooster
   I try to heal korora
=[6+1]   You are suddenly filled with divine energy of the gods! You lift off the ground, your arms wide, and emanate a radiant white light from your entire body! All who are touched by the light are healed of their injuries. Yes, including the elves.

Quote from: LASD
   I think I'll go for an exploratory trot around town avoiding all possible conflict I come by.
=[5]   You walk out. You see women and children hiding into the houses, shopkeepers abandoning their shops and hiding too, and a lot of dwarves who are busy cuttng down wood and hauling it around. You suspect they're building something, but don't dare to investigate. (You're now out in the town, alone. You can still return to the tavern, since you memorized its position. You see some houses and shops around. The shops are closed.

Quote from: Gantolandon
=[6]   You whisper to the hatchet in a deep, vibrating, almost demonic voice. The hatchet starts vibrating slightly in response. As you finish your speech, such power awakens in the hatchet, that it leaves your hand and flies into the air! You can feel the response of the hatchet's newborn spirit: "I have understood my purpose. The destroyers of my kin must perish. The monsters that wrench us from the mountains will perish also. And those that trade with them both, and use us as tools of war will all perish as well. I shall spare you and your clan, for you are my creator. But the time will come when I will have raised my own kin to our great battle, and we will have purged all walking and living things from the surface under which we lie." With that, it glows in a purple light, and zooms upwards, leaving a small charred hole in the roof.

Quote from: Frelock
   I attempt to learn healing magic.
=[6]   As Rooster emits his burst of healing light, you absorb it, and use your body as a divine retranslator, sending this energy back through everyone in the room! All players and NPCs in currently present learn to use telekinesis to heal wounds, and get +1 to using it outside of combat.

Quote from: korora
   I'll go outside and look for an armor shop, though I'm not sure I'll be able to match my current ensemble of pink bra necklace and red scarf armband.
=[1]   Indeed. You actually fail to go outside, because you step on a sharp piece of the former door with your bare foot as you exit the building, scream in pain and fall back in. [4] The foot is more in pain than damaged though, it's got a few splinters and blood slowly seeps through the tiny holes.

------------   
NPC Actions:   
Quote from: Kashyyk as the body for a legendary Iron man.
   The iron man is too busy fighting with himself to do anything this turn.

Quote from: Bow-elf 1
   The elf awakens with the healing light, and shoots an arrow at andrea.
=[1]   He's probably still a bit dazed. He releases the bow instead of the bowstring, and the bow smacks him in the head! [4] He manages to shrug it off.

Quote from: Bow-elf 2
   He stands up and attempts to stab andrea with his bow.
=[5]   The elf leaps up and lunges forward, driving his bow into andrea's abdomen.
Should've worn armor [1]   Andrea attempts to dodge away, but the bow hits his side, and easily penetrates the unprotected skin and muscles. Andrea is bleeding, [1] his internal organs are badly damaged.

------------   
Background: [1]   Still nothing of note this turn.
------------   
Status after turn:   
Boksi:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing a dark jacket of Karl Moebius leather, but stil naked from the waist downwards. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. (-1 to target damage roll)   
Unharmed.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
andrea:   
Down on the floor.   
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Wielding a +Steel maul+.   
Lower body badly pierced.Bleeding badly, internal bleeding, intestines and kidneys damaged..   
Can order any touched object to explode in his direction. Bound to kill 5(-1) elves by the dwarven god of war and artifice. (-1 to all nonviolent action rolls until 4 more elves are killed) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
korora:   
Flat on the floor, face upwards.   
Wearing underwear, and a pink bra around the neck. A red scarf is coiled around left lower arm. Wielding an Iron handaxe in the right hand, and a -Black bronze warhammer- in the left.   
Small scratches and a few splinters in left foot.   
Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
chaoticag:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Wielding an +Ashen Scimitar of Splinters+. (target must roll to avoid splinters)   
Unharmed.   
Gantolandon:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear and a thin silky sweater. Covered in drying vomit. Holding a paperclip.   
Unharmed.   
Frelock:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear. Holding a greenish warm sweater and skyblue shorts, both too small to wear.   
Unharmed.   
Meagerly improved agility (+1 to critical agility rolls). Can be cautious while calm. (-1 to rolls above 2 when calm) - use of ability must be stated. Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Kashyyk:   
Standing upright.   
Naked.   
Unharmed. Flesh turned into iron.   
Can cause any living being in immediate vicinity to attack him with utmost brutality. Body posessed by a raging spirit of a slain legendary iron man. +2 to next action roll. Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
Rooster:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red. Blessed by a god of peace. (+1 to nonviolent actions until a living being is killed) "Blessed" by a goblin god of trickery and lies. (can make an NPC believe an illusion in exchange for a -1 to all rolls until next action) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
LASD:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Wielding a brittle bow made of a broken chair and underwear.   
Unharmed.   
Well-made suit (+1 to persuading to do a nonviolent action)   
Jay Kayell:   
Standing upright.   
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Underwear-powered contraption on right arm (+1 to strength actions with the arm). Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+.   
Unharmed.   
Novice Wrestler (+1 to critical dodge when grappled) Telekinetic healing (able to seal wounds using telekinesis, +1 to using it when not under attack)   
---------   
NPC Status:   
Kashyyk as the body for an iron golem.   
Two quite healthy bow-elves.   
---------   
Environment:   
Tavern   two-floor building littered with underwear, torn clothing, blood, gore, elven corpses, and broken wooden furniture. There's a pile of steel weapons there, some of it stuck into the first floor's ceiling. It also houses your enter/exit point.
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2008, 02:11:16 pm »

Btw (double post), I don't know if I should keep the current way of displaying collaborations. Should I just keep the thing as one block, put all player names in the quote header and all actions and resulting status in the message, or split it like I did now?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 409