Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 404061 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2008, 02:13:50 pm »

i try to healmyself! i'll get a -1 on this (nonviolent action and my healing power only work when i am not fighting (and an elf attacking me is fighting i think))
but i have to try

if i die next turn, could i make every part of my body explode? if i die i want to take all the elves with me!
no, better not to do it. if i kill everybody, who will make me come back from death?

EDIT: also, what are my chances to survive? it seem that i am badly wounded...
it will take some powerful healing to heal me.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:21:47 pm by andrea »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2008, 02:26:32 pm »

I have always known hatchets are ungrateful and are not to be trusted... I should have chosen a pick.

But lack of weapon isn't a problem for someone who wields power of the Ancient Dead Civilization! I cry a blasphemous word and roundhouse kick the elf into the head, intending to knock it off!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2008, 02:35:41 pm »

What I like about RTD, it's always a game of chance. You can take down a Battlemech with a longsword if you get good rolls consistently enough.

andrea: if someone heals you or kills the elf before he gets his next action, you have good chances to survive. You're bleeding heavily, but not to death just yet. Orange wounds are not red. :) Considering the situation, there are pretty high chances that both elves will be fried bacon before they get a chance to act. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2008, 02:43:55 pm »

I smash one elf so that it flies into the other!

"The spinning elf bowman hit the elf bowman in the head! It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mess!"
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »

I attack any elves that are still in the room and alive by the time my turn comes around.

Also, for style I think you should quote what we say (in standard fashion) and then put the result outside the quote.  The results are a little harder to read when they're actually in the quote, but quoting the actions themselves helps break up the wall of text.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2008, 02:52:01 pm »

if i die next turn, could i make every part of my body explode? if i die i want to take all the elves with me!
no, better not to do it. if i kill everybody, who will make me come back from death?
Feel free to explode (I'm outside the tavern ;D and I think I'm not coming back in a while, it seems very dangerous there), I can try to resurrect you. I'd heal you, but I managed to go out on the worst possible moment, so I don't have the telekinetic skill everyone else does now.

I shout out to the tavern that if were going to make an adventuring band, the tavern filled to the brim with bloodthirsty creatures and underwear probably isn't the best place to form it. I add that I'm going shopping in case that someone wants to follow me. Then I proceed to browse in an unlocked abandoned shop (that preferably sells armor). If the humans/dwarves have remembered to lock every door, I'll try to lockpick the door of the shop that is outside the line of sight of anyone who might care.

P.S. Sean, I noticed that you have removed the NPC-limitation from my charisma-ability. Does that mean I can persuade other players to do things?

EDIT: Woah, 200th post in this topic. This game is advancing fast, but it's not that surprising because Sean has set up the rules (and all other aspects of the game) so well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:00:36 pm by LASD »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2008, 03:00:53 pm »

Technically, yes. But I'm still undecided about it. On one hand, it's perfectly reasonable, mechanics-wise, to have you spend your action on having someone else perform another action. Common sense-wise, it's a lil' bit too weird. I mean, if theoretically, all players except one order that one player to do various things and succeed, then the player will perform a crapload of actions in one turn, plus his own action, at no expense and without any penalties.

I think I shall lean towards common sense here. You can use the free speech action to talk and express your desire to another player, but I don't think any player or NPC should be allowed to initiate more than one action per turn. That is, if you order an NPC to do something, he will do that in due time, in the NPC phase, and not immediately as part of your action.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2008, 03:03:51 pm »

i would follow you into the shop LASD, but i am not sure if i can even walk...

sean, you forgot about the sprained ankle , the hurt elbow and the bruised head at the end of the post.
EDIT: wait, rooster healed these

oh, i agree that we should find another place to use as camp/base/HQ/anything. this tavern isn't in a good shape. it is a bit destroyed, full of underwear, blood vomit, corpses...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:18:27 pm by andrea »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2008, 03:06:21 pm »

It is a good way of displaying things as far.

I help Andrea with his/her wounds.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2008, 03:10:20 pm »

That went very well ;D; though I decreased my personal usefulness(comparatively speaking), the group is much better off.

As for my action (gosh, while I was typing, three new posts, chaoticag stole my first choice): I do some stretches and exercises to improve my agility more (remember my "when in doubt" philosophy?)

Oh, by the way, what about the background roll?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:17:11 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2008, 03:18:58 pm »

Y'know...  If you made the elf explode towards you, you'd really only have to worry about bone splinters, and maybe stomach acids.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2008, 03:21:32 pm »

That went very well ;D; though I decreased my personal usefulness(comparatively speaking), the group is much better off.

As for my action (gosh, while I was typing, three new posts, chaoticag stole my first choice): I do some stretches and exercises to improve my agility more (remember my "when in doubt" philosophy?)

Oh, by the way, what about the background roll?
Now I feel bad for leaving the group behind. I'll try to find armor for everyone to compensate.

I guess when the background roll goes right (or wrong... for us) the elves will start pouring from doors and windows. Or something completely unexpected will happen.

EDIT: Reading the first post, I remembered the keys we should be finding. Well, maybe the (almost) imminent threat on our lives is of greater importance.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:27:56 pm by LASD »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2008, 03:23:09 pm »

thanks chaoticag. i'll really need that.

sean, if you want my opinion, this is the best RTD on this forum

and yes, nonanonymus, that s what i was thinking some turns ago. but sean didn't want to tell me how powerful the explosions would be. he only said that  they could be, at most , as powerful as all the energy that is stored in the matter (100% !!) . since we know that E=mc2 , if i make an elf explode there is a good chance to destroy a huge area (huge meaning that you can see it from space) and damage environment on this planet for a couple of centuries. better not to take the risk at the moment.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2008, 03:24:35 pm »

------------   
Background: [1]   Still nothing of note this turn.
------------   

sean already rolled on this turn. it is under NPC rolls

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2008, 03:28:43 pm »

Eh, didn't see it ::).  My bad.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 409