Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141851 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 24
« Reply #1290 on: January 10, 2009, 01:29:54 am »

I'll take omega alpha, and dash to the meeting room.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 10, 2009, 08:12:24 am »

I'll take omega alpha, and dash to the meeting room.

hate tell you but I back

hey don't give my character away , I had go vaction with family and also hey hecking week with go back to college.

I perform healing to anyone that needs it(I though this was alsodefualt action for players that don't respond(who are healers) that heal other players instead of left out?).
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 10, 2009, 01:32:49 pm »

Edit: I'm blind, I thought your post you were quoting was from before you left. Try to warn me beforehand next time and your character won't be at risk. You have him back now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:09:34 pm by penguinofhonor »

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 10, 2009, 04:50:27 pm »

ok I will try remember that.
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 25
« Reply #1294 on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:42 pm »

The artifact will be claimed at the end of the turn to increase dramatic tension.

Also I've decided that Sean's eyes give him +1 to detecting magical effects or energies, since just being able to see them isn't too helpful.

Turn 25

Well, I'll put my name in for the artifact (free action), and spend the turn trying to understand its powers.
2. You look at Ongongngukak and see that it is made of the finest gold fibers, completely unobstructive to the wearer's movement. Giant cave spider silk threads are sewn in with the gold threads, and simple patterns are made on the outside in giant cave spider silk. The buttons and the zipper on the pants are carved from diamond and decorated with smaller gems. There's a tag at the back of the collar that says "Made in the Kingdom of Anuses. Dry-clean only."
Despite your attention to detail, you can't manage to discover its powers.

I perform healing to anyone that needs it.
2+1. You walk into the meeting room and heal Sean's brain damage slightly (light brain damage: -1 thought, -1 magic).

I fly to the arena.
4+1. You practice with your wings for a second, then lift off and dramatically fly through the hallway into the arena, hovering around above the mimic.
1. Your blood turns into syrup, slowing your body as it takes longer to do anything (-2 movement, -2 damage, -1 accuracy, -1 dodge, -1 thought).

CRUSH THE MIMIC!!!111one111eleven11!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6+1=6. You run into the arena and slam the mimic into the ground with your gravity manipulation, since you've decided that you like slamming things into the ground or something. (damage=2+1) The mimic's body is lightly cracked, and it is enraged at actually being harmed. You hear a rumble and look up in time to see the weakened ceiling falling towards you. (dodge=6, mimic dodge=2-1, damage=4+1-1, Sean dodge=6+1, Cyx dodge=1-2, damage=1+1-1, Mulch dodge=4+1-1, Jackrabbit dodge=3, damage=3) You dodge perfectly, along with Sean, who has a fun time practicing dodging with his flight. Mulch managed to dodge pretty well as well. You see that the mimic was hit by some debris but hasn't been harmed anymore. Cyx wasn't so lucky, getting two of his legs crushed by debris (two broken legs, -1 dodge, -1 movement, heavily bruised, broken arm).

"Cyx! Kill that damned mimic thing" I tell him, I also continue trying to improve him using my special brand of magic. With my free action spell thingy.. I'll charge my hat with my magic.
5+1. You decide to heal Cyx now with necromancy, so you repair him completely. You went a little overboard with the necromancy and forgot to not try to control him, so he loses the bit of independence he gained along with his new form. You charge your hat to help defend you for a bit (control=5) and it does so.

For my action, I heal the young monk (you forgot to update his status by the way).
1+2. You run into the auditorium and head towards the young monk, and you manage to slow the bleeding some. Thoughts of interesting prosthetic limbs for him pop into your head.

Actually, I just realized we've been leaving Armok lying there with broken limbs.  I'll change my action to healing him, heh.
4. You heal Armok completely. Your healing powers level up (+1 healing).

Well,I then attempt to learn the art of soul stealing again by trying to coax the lawyer's (B) into my control.
6. The room darkens as you walk slowly towards the dying goblin, moving your hands around in some mystic-looking patterns that just popped into your head. You then punch him in the chest, tearing a hole in his platemail and crushing his heart. His eyes roll back in his head and a white glow moves up your arm, disappearing after a second.
You now possess the goblin's soul and have soul-stealing powers. Souls have a variety of effects depending on the creature that they came from. They can either be sacrificed to increase certain powers (requires the powers the soul is associated with) or used to enchant equipment (requires enchanting). Goblins' souls are mainly associated with hatred, sadism, and darkness and their souls are used for that (check the statuses for the effects). The soul doesn't exist physically, though you can gain the ability to physically manifest souls to let other people without soul-stealing use them.
Soul stealing can only be used on creatures that are almost dead or on creatures that have recently died (in the previous turn). Robots and golems or other magically animated creatures do not have souls unless they were animated from being possessed by something.

I try to take the artefact.
oh, ok... I try to learn... supernatural decoration! the ability to change colour and texture and slightly even shape to make stuff or creatures look different.
5. You gain appearance alteration powers, because that sounds slightly less silly than supernatural decoration, which makes me think of a ghost telling another ghost where to hang the cobwebs in his tomb.

I use gravity to my advanatge as I swing my flail by winding it behind my back then arching it at any hostile NPC in the room.
2+1. You're scared by Shadowdump's show of his soul-stealing skills, but you strike at the remaining goblin anyways (dodge=6), who sees your strike and kicks you in the shins before you can hit him (dodge=6) but you dodge that and continue swinging at the goblin (dodge=2, damage=4+1-1) hitting him but doing no additional damage.

I attack any remaining lawyers.
5+1. You see Goblin Elite Lawyer A being distracted by chaoticag and go to attack him (dodge=1-2, damage=2-1) stabbing him in the back and killing him. Someone mutters something about someone stealing all the kills.

I attempt to strangle Goblin Elite Lawyer A. For once, I'm actually kicking ass in unarmed combat!
Since the lawyer is dead, you decide to run into the auditorium and attack the mimic.
5. You punch at the living chest (dodge=1-1, damage=2+1-1) and strike it, cracking it more (medium cracks, -1 defense, -1 damage).

I drop part of the roof on the mimic so long as it does not hurt anyone else.
1+2. You manage to get the last remaining chunks of the ceiling to fall on the mimic (dodge=1-2, damage=1+2-2), cracking it heavily (heavily cracked, -2 defense, -2 damage, -1 movement, -1 dodge).
Your ring turns light blue and grants you air manipulation powers. You feel it pulsing on your finger and feel that air manipulation powers will be useful soon.

I attack the Giant Mimic again.
1+1. You see the falling rocks and karate skills going on near the mimic and can't find a way to get your large body towards it that wouldn't be blocking one of your teammates.

2d. If I make it to the arena, and there are no targets and someone has claimed the suit, I practice pyrokinesis.
4. You practice pyrokinesis and learn a bit more, leveling up (+1 pyrokinesis).

The elder monk charges at the weakened mimic, intent on killing it.
3. He swings at it weakly (dodge=6-3, damage=2+1-3), smashing it to pieces. In the meeting room, omegaalpha hears something and looks to see the magical shield on the stairway up disappearing.

Armok and Frelock reach for the artifact (armok=6, frelock=3) but Armok grabs it first.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
The Fourth Floor: Unknown.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:09:36 pm by penguinofhonor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 11, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »

ARGH I'M RETARDED.

Sorry cyx. fuck. Ah well, you're fine now

Anyway, I channel the air powers into me. So I basically practise air control with help from the ring.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:03:21 pm by Jackrabbit »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 11, 2009, 01:13:49 pm »

Take lawyer's armour, then use action to open closed door.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 11, 2009, 01:22:39 pm »

Which lawyer?

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 11, 2009, 01:32:24 pm »

Using my fearsome dabbling weaponsmith skills, I carve a table leg (or piece of the podium that's probably in the assembly room, or a chunk of ceiling, or something in another room that I move to using my free action...there's got to be something) into a wooden prosthetic arm with a claw (a claw that's big and made more for gripping things than pinching or stabbing people) on the end and spikes on the sides.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1299 on: January 11, 2009, 01:52:09 pm »

I'll clear the debris off to the side.(guess how?)
Eh?
Eh!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 11, 2009, 01:55:23 pm »

That won't really have any effect except hurting your allies on a six, qwerty.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 11, 2009, 02:03:52 pm »

I search the arena for exits to areas we haven't found yet, now that the mimic got taken down.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 11, 2009, 02:31:38 pm »

Let see go heal one need healing most which be Armok(since want heal some legs :P ) or if when gets to my roll and his legs are completely heal then I heal some one else instead.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 11, 2009, 02:44:59 pm »

Oh, Armok was completely healed. I forgot that in the statuses.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 11, 2009, 04:39:35 pm »

Might as well stock up,I proceed to rob Lawyer A of his soul as well.

Then I free action my way into the secret passage.You know,something bad might happen,but I'd like to check what is behind that closed door in the arena.(possible armory?)

Mulch,if you would like I can sacrifice the goblin souls to power up your necromancy once I train up,I'd assume they are perfect for that purpose.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:04:15 pm by SHAD0Wdump »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108