Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141947 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 23
« Reply #1260 on: January 07, 2009, 06:34:27 pm »

Just a friendly warning to anyone in the audotorium or arena. get the hell out. I'm gonna collapse the roof, which will undoubtedly kill everyone in the area and block off the arena but there shouldn't be enough roof to block the audotorium. (is this right pinguin?)

I'll give you one turn to get out, then its (hopefully) going down. As for now, I practise hydrokenetics.

Also, I think you should have a seperate area for my ring? It may help you remember.

Shouldn't you hold on a second?  Why collapse it?  All the gobbos in that place are finding themselves cut to pieces, and a bunch of our guys (and myself) are either in the place or heading into the place. 

your quite right, I'll collapse it at your discrestion. Its just a quicker way of dealing with the enemys. If people want me to collapse it I will, otherwise, I won't.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 07, 2009, 06:45:02 pm »

What would be better is (next level maybe since this one looks almost over) to try and collapse/punch holes in the walls to make travelling around the sub areas easier. But that's only really been an issue for this level, the next level might be something simple again like an arena or forest or graveyard.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 07, 2009, 08:10:25 pm »

your quite right, I'll collapse it at your discrestion. Its just a quicker way of dealing with the enemys. If people want me to collapse it I will, otherwise, I won't.

On the (dangerous) assumption you weren't being sarcastic, I appreciate you not arranging for the ceiling to drop on my head.   ;)
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 07, 2009, 11:54:21 pm »

Take comfort in the fact I was serious.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 08, 2009, 07:58:26 am »

Oh shoot Chaoticag should be alive. But damaged enough that another damage roll of 2 will probably kill him (healing is recommended). I'll fix that.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:47 am »

That's good to hear.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:27 am »

You've just got a pair of broken legs now. But you have two healers and a healing potion to aid your recovery, so the odds are that you'll recover.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 08, 2009, 03:29:19 pm »

You've just got a pair of broken legs now. But you have two healers and a healing potion to aid your recovery, so the odds are that you'll recover.

Erm.  I guess I'll switch my action to healing, then, rather then resurrection.  That's a relief, I'm less likely to lose us a player with a bad roll.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 24
« Reply #1268 on: January 08, 2009, 05:15:07 pm »

Nobody wants omegaalpha's character? Not even Christes?

Also, Wooty, I'll make you an offer since I've realized something about how you play your character and how I've been handling your skills. I'll let you exchange one level of your healing powers, equivalent to 5 experience, and put that experience into a surgeon skill, which is less powerful but far more versatile. I'm offering this because things like the lobotomy should probably have gone into this.

Also, all 3's for attacks will succeed with -1 damage from now on, as a rule. Just because I've been doing that for about every single one.

Turn 24

FINISH HIM!! (the goblin CEO, of course).

Then, as my free action, take that jacket.
2+1. You attack the CEO, but have trouble getting to him around Jackrabbit, (dodge=2-3, damage=5-1+1) hitting him but not harming him at all.

I travel to the fight whit the goblin CEO, and possibly decrease the density of his spine.
1+1. You run into the arena but don't manage to cast your spell, as you spend time examining the surroundings.

I use my actions to go straight to the secret passage.
That is if I can't go further,if I can,then straight to the arena!
5. You run into the meeting room and then dash to the arena with surprising speed for someone wearing armor.

I guess I'll switch my action to healing, then, rather then resurrection.
Since he's not actually dead now you'll heal him.
Even though he's dead, I heal Chaoticag. If he's going to be healed if he's ressurected, I do it for the practice.
I pick up and drink the healing potion if wounded.
Golgath: 1
Wooty: 3+2=5
Chaoticag: 6+1=6
Golgath sees chaoticag in danger, and runs towards him. This catches Goblin Elite Lawyer A's attention, (dodge=5) but Golgath steps back from the goblin and scares it as his chameleon skin turns into stone to adapt to the surroundings (-1 movement, +1 defense).
Wooty and Chaoticag take advantage of the fact that all enemies in the room are distracted and get healing. Chaoticag picks up and drinks the strong healing potion while Wooty works on healing him. Together, chaoticag is easily healed completely.

I'll clear the room of enemies around chaoticag, so that the healers won't be interupted.
5+1. You slam Goblin Elite Lawyer A into the ground (damage=2+1), breaking his arm. You feel heavier, then realize that you've increased the gravity of the entire room temporarily (-1 dodge and movement for everyone until the end of next turn).
Your gravity manipulation powers increase (optional -1 to sixes without a base roll of six).

1. I make my way to the arena
5. You quickly run to the arena.

I run into the arena through the secret path and attack the Goblin CEO or any other goblin if he is dead with my sword.
4+1. You run into the arena and run at the goblin, swinging your sword (dodge=5-4, damage=2-1) and cutting his head off. Jetman rises from the goblin's body, and with a golden flash Ongongngukak appears on the goblin's chest, perfectly folded and glittering in the light. Everyone in the room looks around, wondering who gets the artifact.

As for now, I practise hydrokenetics.
2+1. You gain a little hydrokinesis experience, increasing your hydrokinesis powers.
Your ring turns blue, giving you a little more hydrokinesis experience.

I run back into the room I was in and quaff the potion I left there. Btw, I threw two of my pens away.
1+1. You search but can't figure out where you put the potion. You look at the stairway to the next level and see that it's still sealed magically.
3. You don't mutate.

While keeping the goblin CEO pinned, I attempt to strangle him into unconciousness.
You decide to attack Goblin Elite Lawyer A since the CEO is dead.
3. You are weakened by the increased gravity but still manage to attack him (dodge=1-2, damage=2+1-1) beating him on the chest and breaking a few of his ribs (three broken ribs, -1 defense).

Alright, I guess I'll try to improve cyx's body, faster, stronger, better, ect.
I help Mulch with my own necromantic skill.
Mulch: 5+1=6
Cyx: 2
Cyx can't help much, but Mulch has enough power anyway. He uses his necromancy to affect all the bone shards left from his big attack and bonds them to Cyx, dancing an eccentric-looking dance on top of Cyx as the bones dramatically spin around him and fuse to various parts of his body. They cover his limbs like armor and fuse to his hands and feet, forming sharp claws (+1 defense against slash and gore, +1 to unarmed attack rolls, unarmed attacks deal slash/pierce damage, cannot wield weapons).

Goblin Elite Lawyer B's heavy bleeding roll:
4. He survives for now.

The mimic decides to change targets and attack the younger monk.
3. The young monk is more agile than the large box-thing, but it manages to get a bite at him anyway, (dodge=3, damage=2-2+1) tearing his arm off (missing arm, heavy bleeding, -1 thought from pain).

The head monk attacks the mimic, angered by his apprentice's injury.
4. He swings his staff angrily (dodge=1-1, damage=6-2+1) hitting the mimic but doing no magic. He looks at Mulch and Cyx as if asking for help.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:21:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:13 pm »

Darn it!  Note to self: get better sword.

Well, I'll put my name in for the artifact (free action), and spend the turn trying to understand its powers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:22:01 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 08, 2009, 05:33:05 pm »

Alright, no big deal I guess. I fly to the arena.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1271 on: January 08, 2009, 05:41:21 pm »

CRUSH THE MIMIC!!!111one111eleven11!!1!‼!!‼‼‼!!!!!‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼!!!!!!!!!!!!!‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼

Also, forgot to update:
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)
Currently being worn by the Goblin CEO. Has unknown powers.
Eh?
Eh!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 08, 2009, 06:07:37 pm »

"Cyx! Kill that damned mimic thing" I tell him, I also continue trying to improve him using my special brand of magic. With my free action spell thingy.. I guess I'll practice enchanting with it, if I cant, I'll charge my hat with my magic.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 08, 2009, 06:36:44 pm »

If you mean just generic 'Surgery' skill, then sure, surgery sounds more like what I'm doing with my character than healing powers.  If you mean a specific type of surgery, then I pick Brain Surgery as we've been needing some of that done and still have two people with brain damage.

For my action, I heal the young monk (you forgot to update his status by the way). You people need to stop being injured so I can make myself a new dagger  >:(

If Lawyer A somehow dies this turn, I take his armor as a free action.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 08, 2009, 07:02:32 pm »

I'll also help and heal the young monk..

Glad no one was relying on that roll to be resurrected.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized we've been leaving Armok lying there with broken limbs.  I'll change my action to healing him, heh.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:05:16 pm by Golgath »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 108