Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37  (Read 18301 times)

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:1
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2008, 12:42:00 am »

If I could, I would like to have the guard of the next wave.  Instead of a name, I'd like to give you the nickname of the dwarf, my nickname, Spazz.

Pick the most brutal dwarf of the wave if you will, preferably one with weapon/fighting skills(swordsdwarf if more than one have skills) or forging/smithing skills, hunting or even trapping would be acceptable substitutes if the others aren't available.

A little about the dwarf known as "Spazz":  He is exceptionally brutal, taking relish in violence and cruelty, finding new ways to kill, especially those unusual, give him great satisfaction.  On another note, he is not entirely sane, leading to rashes of violence and sadism by him while loudly proclaiming his deeds in a voice deep and loud like thunder, which some less stout dwarves swear could crack stone, his unpredictable and sudden brutal behavior have earned him his name.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say that the only things that has kept him from becoming prisoner instead of a guard are his unmovable loyalty to the King and the King's forces (He is just sane enough to hold true to that, and would not raise a hand against those loyal to the King, save self defense, and even then, probably not).  The other thing is his unquestioning willingness to do "dirty" work in the King's name, savoring the opportunity for unchecked bloodshed.  

He is well known as a violent maniac, and not many dwarves, even though loyal to the King, therefore having nothing to fear by him, dare speak to or even get near him.  It is even rumored that he has a cannibal wife who takes great joy in the glut of dwarven flesh he provides in his slaughters (this is to be taken as rumor for the moment, I will reveal whether it is true or not when and if the time is right   :D)

Though the King rarely does more than glance at them and toss them into the fire, getting the general point and discarding the details, Spazz, in his crazed  semblance of sanity, writes regularly to the King, describing to the most minute detail the brutality and cruelty he dishes out for the King's glory.

(I apologize if I took too much liberty with other characters, I just wanted to get out that general impression of a tough brutal dwarf with fractured sanity, fanatically loyal to the King, allowed to live only for services that he provides that are rarely found done by other dwarves, or at least not willingly :P.  Let me know and I can edit, I have nothing to fear from revision.)

Edit: minor typo

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: Spazz ]

The freedom to be completely insane.

I am of the wimmens-species! I know, it's hard to tell dwarven women apart from men due to the beards. ...Er, not saying I have a beard, 'cause I don't... nevermind.)
-Moogie

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2008, 01:39:00 am »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is why you read the posts before you reply...

Dont ask why, you know the answer already.

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2008, 04:26:00 am »

No, dread, I read through the entire 6 preceding pages before posting, and I saw nothing wrong with requesting the guard of the next immigrant wave.  At least the way I read the rules was there is one guard with every wave, the rest are prisoners, and he said either could be requested.

Unless there was some other point you were trying to make, which in that case you should be direct and just say it, you're wrong.

I am of the wimmens-species! I know, it's hard to tell dwarven women apart from men due to the beards. ...Er, not saying I have a beard, 'cause I don't... nevermind.)
-Moogie

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2008, 06:47:00 am »

Spazz, I was only making a point on good post detail, as to your rude and argumentive manner, I must protest!
(Although I should have put more discipt words)

(Also, Red would like to be a engraver, to put stories on rock for all time)

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2008, 07:29:00 am »

It's seems Afer's sadism is getting some competition.
Spazz, welcome to hell.
I don't know if I can grant you dwarven flesh, but who knows?

Apart from the guard and prisoner immigrants, I also have 4 children roaming the fortress, ripe for the taking. I still have to put them into the story properly.

As for the similarities with the Vernichtungslager (destruction-camp) from the second world war, like Auschwitz, Sobibor, Bergen-Belsen, among others..
Well. That is kind of intentional. But I do try and keep it light-hearted at the same time.
I got quite some inspiration from the diaries of my great-grandfather, who was a reporter, before the war, for a popular Dutch Newspaper.
in 1942, he was caught by the Germans, and transported to 'Westerbork', a camp in Holland, originally set up by the Dutch government to house German Jewish refugees.
When the Germans invaded, they quickly turned this refugee camp in a 'Transportlager', a camp meant to house Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, and other people who were regarded as 'impure', while they were awaiting transportation to the camps of mass destruction.
My great-grandfather managed to survive there for 2 years, writing a huge diary describing everyday life in the camp, and camp politics. Finally he was tranported to Bergen-belsen and shot upon arrival.
It is translated in quite a few languages, if anyone is interested. the English version is called (same as the original Dutch) "In Depôt", by Philip Mechanicus.
German version is called "Im Depot".

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2008, 08:25:00 am »

<.^ Neat, not to sound wrong or anything...
v.> Oh, I'm just going to stop myself there, too many disheartening stories.

There is no hidden meaning to this post, How dare you insinuate!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

"
<.^
v.>  "

Not insinuating anything. But was that really nescessary?

EDIT: sorry, not trying to sound harsh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 02:30:29 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2008, 10:45:00 am »

I must say that Afer is turning into a quite likable guy. In the end we all know that he will be one of the first ones to be killed in the comming prison upproar.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2008, 10:52:00 am »

Good to hear you're satisfied.
Uhm. It'd be a likable gal, though.
Afer's a she...

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

May I request a prisoner, if some still live inside the walls?

Name: Billy

Traits: Unbelievably naïve and hope-filled. Otherwise kinda smart.

Preferred method of... purification: Death as prolonged as possible.
Psychological torture. Wait until he makes friends, kill friends. Rinse and repeat, until he finally snaps.

Crime: Obviosly framed, carries no grudge, thinking something like
"Well, they probably had a good reason to avoid prison for a while, and will probably come back to release me after they're done."

By the way, would you consider making a "maze" of sorts for some prisoners.
Basically, you drop them in. There are a few rooms where food is dropped, hopefully inmates will gather there.
Have multiple rooms, far apart, and switch dropsites often, to force movement in the labyrinth.

Drop amounts of food slightly less than the prisoners need to survive, to create a "survival of the fittest" model. Fill the maze with savage beasts and traps to trim the herd while moving from area to area. Hope for insanity.

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »

Cool, and Martinuzz, he's not the cannibal, though I wouldn't put it beyond there being rumor that he is, but in my description I was alluding to a rumor of him having a cannibal wife. (which I already know wouldn't work out right, cuz even if I dwarf would (or even could!) be forced to eat dwarf, they would have quite unhappy thoughts from it, I just added the rumor for flavor.)

And dread, sorry about being snippy with you last night, I was quite tired and grumpy.  Far as post detail goes, I like giving long descriptions, I like outlining my characters more, especially because my character here is supposed to be semi-infamous for being violent and unstable, doing dirty work with glee.

I used to online RP a lot, so if you want me to cut the length, or change details, let me know.  I love details   :D.

EDIT: Typo

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: Spazz ]

-Moogie

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

Appreciate it.
Only limits I'm bound to is the game itself. For instance, some events take place at an earlier time in the story than they did in the actual game. Otherwise it wouldn't have been possible to fit in all your wishes. Now I've got it synchronized again.. Almost. If anything becomes too big to achieve / synchronise, I'll let you know. As long as I don't, RP and request all you like. I'm enjoying it.

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

Roger that, I expected the backstory to be outside the game, it's mainly character flavor, and giving you a sense of how he'd act for your parts.  I've been enjoying reading this as well, you've been doing a good job.

-Moogie

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2008, 03:07:00 pm »

Thanks.   :)
@dwarfaholic. Last execution killed all non-taken prisoners.
Will give you one with the next wave.
Hehe.. Did a maze once, where a dwarf, after being locked in, would have to pull levers in a certain order to have a chance to escape..
Will put this one on the mid-to-long-term list.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Ahoy, Aqizzar here.  Sorry about no posting, I was out of town the past week.  And now I have to go to work in an hour, so no writing now either.  I'll try to cook up some characterization, but with her being so integral to the story and your own plots, Aqizzar will be hard to write for without stepping on your toes.  Eh, I'll think of something.  Is she really in love with the Judge?  Must have been all that mining together.

I really need to think of some more deathtraps.  How much wood do you have?  I've got an idea for a plot-useful deathchamber but it would require like 90+ pieces in all.  Just a water filling 4x4x2 deathbox, but made of clear glass so the other prisoners would have to stand around watching as they drown or bake in the sun.  Between making pearlash and all the fuel using reactions it would take a lot of wood.

By the way, I'm pretty sure dwarves will eat a dwarf corpse if they're hungry enough to scrounge for food.  Might want to toss some into a test group and find out.  What else are you doing with them anyway?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20