Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37  (Read 18295 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:1
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

Hahaha. Good.
Yes your vote is in, got one more on PM. Maybe more.
But then I can't imagine the message having deleted itself. Perhaps I did accidentally click delete.

EDIT: Voting's closed.

result: 1 in favour, albeit in a different way and 1 against who will be distracted.

10 more are done for.

<unpauses>

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

Can I claim an inmate in the next wave, to be isolated-until-death in a crafts workshop when you get the chance to build one?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2008, 04:23:00 am »

Would you prefer 'strapped' isolation , or the 'naked and doped up' variant?   :p

Oh.. and sorry for those people expecting blood and brains yesterday. Fell asleep.
Luckily with DF paused. It's the song.. Makes me sleepy.

....and as the world slept.. Tarn and Zach moved in to claim power. Their masterplan had worked! MWOEHAHAHAHRHARHARHARG

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2008, 05:00:00 am »

I approve of dresdor's plans.

Could I have another convict, please? Make him build some floor sections off the tower part of the Elf Pleaser, stand on them, build a wall, walling himself in on a tiny platform... and the deconstruct one of the squares of floor that acts as a support, so that he falls to his doom, on top of some floor tiles.

Bonus points for putting someone else underneath to get splatted by the falling tiles. Double bonuses if they're related, for the cruelty factor.

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2008, 05:26:00 am »

Heyup,

Loving the story so far, any chance I can grab a in-mate? First stab at a community fort.   :D
Name:
"Newt" preferable a Ex-Fisher/Cleaner/Dissector type
Crime: Poaching Cavelobster and running a fish-based protection scam where dwarves paid up or they ended up with fish heads in there beds and there beds floating down the river.

Need any more info then that?

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: Flar Moonchill ]

- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2008, 09:46:00 am »

Aqizzar had found Afer and the fey prisoner. Indeed, he had claimed a craftsdwarves' workshop, and was now working furiously, rambling and raving as he went about.
'Could you leave me with the prisoner, please, Afer? Judge's orders.'
'Allright. I was getting bored with his ramblings anyway.'
Aqizzar had been studying the fey when she was a youth. The occult had interested her at a very young age. Although it was uncommon for dwarves and generally looked upon as un-dwarvenly, her parents had not discouraged her interest.
Therefore she knew that, when the fey mood had just left a dwarf, he or she would be very susceptible to suggestion. Very susceptible.
She definitly needed to be near this one when he created his artifact.
She had not come a moment too soon.
Afer had just passed out of sight, when the fey dwarf uttered a final guttural scream, before lumping to the floor. 'Edtűlnakas Keshamtan!'
Quickly, Aqizzar snatched the artifact and put it in her pocket.

She then quickly drew the potion, she had prepared for this, from the same pocket.
The distilled hemp extract would increase his susceptibility even more.
She opened the bottle and put it to the exhausted dwarf's lips.
'Drink this. You are thirsty' The dwarf gulped down the liquid as if dying of thirst.
'What.. What happened? The dwarf asked bewildered.
'I should ask you!', Aqizzar replied sternly. 'You were supposed to be watching the prisoners!'
'The prisoners? I... I don't seem to remember, er..'
'Have you hit your head?' Aqizzar raised her voice. 'How dare you forget my name!'
'Er.. I'm sorry. I guess I have hit my head.'
'Try harder! You know it damned well, you! If you're faking your way out of duty I'm going to have you locked with the rest of the prisoners!'
The dwarf became red an stuttered: 'But.. Really.. I don't..'
'Enough! Do you think I don't see through your pathetic act? You shall have it your way. You're duty is suspended! You know the consequence.'
'Consequence? Milady..'
'You will be imprisoned immediatly, awaiting sentencing by the Judge. Now don't say you didn't know. You signed for it yourself. This is what you get for trying to lie to your superior!'
The dwarf fell down at Aqizzar's feet and began to cry. 'Please, Milady..' He begged.
'So, now you're the crybaby. You are pathetic.'
She turned away from the dwarf and walked towards the stairs.
'Ah, well. Since I'm in a good mood today I shall give you one chance: As you know, this is no military prison. If you could ensure law and order from within the prison... Make sure none of the vile criminals we house in here, who, I assure you, are very dangerous, do anything funny... And at the same time produce more masterpiece mugs than I can count..  I could throw in a good word with the Judge. You might even survive the sentence.. Shouldn't be too hard now for a recently fired guard, no?'
With an evil chuckle she went up the stairs.
'Afer!'
'Take the prisoner back to the camp. Put him in the new barracks. You may give him a bed, we need his labour.'
Aqizzar then went to the Judge and, after kissing him, showed him her latest acquisition.

@Jools and Flar: You will have your dwarves. I think it will be the next immigrant wave, though (grins evilly)

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

A whole new immigrant wave... could you save my dwarf's execution for the arrival of the wave after that? Give them something nice and messy to see as they arrive, let them know what they're in for... ;-D

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2008, 01:23:00 pm »

Oh yeah.. You will be the Urist McRoyalexample.
More updates will probably follow later today.
Had some social life to catch up with..
And had quite some mind-puzzling to do to link my story and  your requests to the actual game. Sorry if not all requests are fullfilled, I'm doing my best.

Starting tomorrow, the forum is going to be moved by Toady.
So I'll probably not be able to update the coming 2-3-4 days, depending on how fast the transfer goes. See the announcement part of the forum for more details.
I've got full confidence in the move going smoothly, and nothing being lost.
But just to be sure, I've saved the story (not the whole thread, only story entries by you and me), so no worries. When the new forum is up, it is probably a good idea to upload and update this document periodically, and put a link at the top of the document. That way people can read the story without having to click through all the thread's pages.

Oh. And the mystery disappearance of my private messages yesterday fixed itself. They were back when I logged in today. Still a mystery. But hey. They're back.
Didn't miss out on any more votes, luckily.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »

Afer sighed. It had been a long day.
She had been working hard on her new project. She had ordered the construction of a basement below the camp, and two masons workhops were built.
'There's your bunk. Before you sleep, though, I want you to build a craftsdwarfves' workshop right in front of it. It'll be the first thing you see in the morning. Now get out of my sight!' She said to her prisoner.

Afer stepped up to the second cell block and opened the door.
Six dwarves were lying on the floor. They were in a bad shape. The lack of food was showing on them en their lips were cracked with thirst.
'You! What's your name!'
'Dresdor. Nirmekavuz.' The dwarf replied with difficulty.
'Come with me!'
The dwarf crawled to the exit, his eyes blinded by the daylight.
Afer closed the door and grabbed the dwarf by his vest. She pulled him up to the well and threw him onto it, holding his head in the water for a moment.
'You are thirsty? Drink!' Afer shouted, as she pulled the frightened dwarf's face from the water.
Dresdor greedily drank the refreshing liquid he had been deprived of for too long. He had only taken a just a few sips, when Afer pulled him away from the well.
'You like that, er?'

Afer had been shocked at first when she had heard the Kings orders. She had even been reluctant to carry out orders, and had spoken out.
But now, the more she thought of it, the more it all seemed to make sense.
Surely the King's philosophers couldn't be all wrong.
These prisoners must indeed be Elven beasts, more animal than dwarf. You just had to look at them crawl over each other at feeding time to know that. Disgusting.

'Surely you'd like some more then?'
The dwarf nodded, acknowledging.
'I will give you the privilege then, to earn it'
'Huh?'
Again, Afer grabbed the dwarf by the vest, and dragged him to the basement.
'You see those mason's workshops? If you like to live, you are going to carve statues. Our fortress must look glorious. Surely you would love to contribute to that?'
With this, Afer chained Dresdor to the masons workshop and left him. A huge pile of boulders was already in place.

When coming outside, Afer noticed that the one fey had already finished constructing a craftsdwarves' workshop. The gods must have granted him superdwarven agility. She had never seen anything like it. She sure hoped Aqizzar knew what she was doing.

Afer still had one more thing to do. She couldn't tolerate any threats in her prison.
Walking back to the other cells, she now opened the other cell door.
'I heard somebody was looking for their wife?'
Several dwarves looked up.
'If you hurt her!', a dwarf from the back began.
Afer recognized the voice. It was the same dwarf that had threatened the Judge.
She calmly walked up to RED and looked him in the eye.
'Now..now.. No need to get threatening. I was just coming to take you to see her.'
'Let me see her!' RED demanded.
Suddenly, Afer grabbed RED by the balls and squeezed.
'I'm afraid I cannot do that now. You have just ruined that. As a punishment, you will be the last who is allowed to see their beloved. That is what you get when you go about threatening me. Or any of us, for that matter.'
RED lumped to the ground, his face honouring his name.
'You!' Afer pointed at Petyr, who had stayed in the background.
'You are allowed to see your husband now. Come with me.'
'But..', Petyr began.
'No buts. Come now.', said Afer, and shoved the dwarf to the door.
'O, gods.' Petyr thought. 'This is it.'

Edit: ahum. Just noticed Afer's female. fixed in this post, now fixing previous posts.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »

'Go on, down the stairs!' Afer had pushed Petyr to the basement entrance.
'Don't kill me, please..' Petyr begged.
'Kill you? What makes you think that? I promised you would see your husband. He's waiting for you below.'
Indeed, Petyr could hear noises coming from below, as if somebody was bashing rock.
Slowly she descended the stairs, Afer right behind her.
She stepped into the basement and almost stumbled over something. Horrified, she recognized Jools' vest. He had come by one day, showing it to her.
'Look, Petyr! Got this one for free! Hehe. It was meant for the guards.'
'Are you a fool, Jools?' She had replied. 'This is not a game. I have no use for you when you are caught for some petty theft, and left to rot in the Kings dungeons! You are my... ' She hesitated. She had wanted to say: 'You are my connection to the normal world. That is what I need you for, not to try and imitate me!' But she knew that would hurt his precious feelings.
'You are my love, dear. I need you here.'

Now the vest was lying here, on the ground. But what had shocked Petyr more was the huge stain of blood on the vest.
She looked around, and saw two mason's workshops.
One of them was occupied by another prisoner, who seemed to be making statues.
The other one was empty.
In between stood a gabbro tombstone. It bore a small marking:
'Prisoner #0016, Jools Baliden

'You know, herding food is not a very nice thing to do, missy.' Afer sneered.
'Perhaps you will learn to share, when you have made 250 stone blocks in the company of your dead husband!'

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »

'Yami! Could I have a minute!'
Yami dropped the shell he was working on and walked up to Orblock.
'You know what has been decided, Yami.'
'I know..'
'You had better get used to it now.'
'Difficult, Judge. Very difficult.'
Orblock had always appreciated Yami's straightforwardness. He really didn't want to alienate him, especially since his armoring skills might prove invaluable.
'Look, Yami. I've got some plans here for the construction of smelters, and a forge. Could I trust you with building those?'
'Really, Judge? That would help me a lot. I wouldn't be thinking too much about the killings then. But still. It is so horrible.'
'I have ordered some silver, galena and variscite for you.. And some cave spider silk as well.'
'That means I could make the shirt!' Yami exclaims.
'But.. To be honest.. It isn't finished. It is so wonderful, it absolutely needs some kind of decoration. I was thinking of a mule, but then, again, that is so cliché. I couldn't start working on it unless I have the complete picture in my mind.'
'Maybe this'll help you get the right inspiration.' Orblock said, and handed Yami the artifact Aqizzar had given him.
'It.. It is beautiful.' Yami gazed at the artifact in amazement.
'I'll leave you to admire it, then'. Orblock left Yami with the artifact, and descended into the passage to the prison camp.

'Of course...' Yami muttered to himself. 'A donkey!'

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »

'Prisoners!'
The prisoners had been taken from their cells and were rounded up at the square of welcoming. Only Petyr and Dresdor were missing, since they were still tied to the mason's workshops. Minkot, the fey dwarf, had been the one to take the from their cells.
'Listen up. It is time for you to be washed.'
'Washed?' replied a prisoner. 'What dwarf would be washed?'
'What is wrong with you?' RED shouted. 'You're a convict, like us. Why would you work for them?'
'I might be a convict, but I do not share your crimes. I will get out of here soon.'
'You are crazy! Do you not remember?'
Minkot had a strange thought for a moment, but quickly dismissed it. If only he would find out who had hit him on the head during his duty. He would make them pay. For now, he could do nothing more than obey Aqizzar's wishes.
'Hurry up now. You wouldn't want to keep the sherrif waiting..'
Fearing Afer's sadism, the prisoners quickly left their cells.

Aqizzar and Orblock were waiting at the Square of Welcoming.
The group of prisoners arrived, trailed by Afer.
'Go through that door. You have to be cleaned.' Afer commanded.
One at a time, the prisoners went through the door, inside the building the Judge had ordered to be constructed.
'Might as well offer them a clean death. Dropping them is so darn messy. I'll save that for the Elves' Orblock had thought.
RED was the last in the row, and about to enter the building.
'Wait!' Aqizzar commanded.
'The bath is full. You will have to wait. Afer, take him back to his cell!'
'He looks strong.', Aqizzar said after Afer had taken RED away. 'I need someone to test the designs for my dwarf trainer that I have designed for Grimwold.'
'If you say so. Now get this over with.'
'Here goes' http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-616-drawbridgeexecution

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

Red's journal

Alive, but dirty, the others havent came back from their 'baths'...

I have reason to believe I have dodged a bullet...

This demoness Afer seems to be a ticket to survival...I must find a way...

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »

@Jools: I'll see what I can do.
I wanted to ask you for a new name, but no.
You could be the Kenny of the story.

OMG THEY KILLED JOOLS! YOU BASTARDS!  ;)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

the whole "going to the showers" things just gives me a bad concentration camp vibe...maybe that because I'm 3/4 german, I dunno.

in other news, YAY! STATUES!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20