Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:37  (Read 18297 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Shinfusur Ilir Toral (a bloody deathrow fortress)Kills:1
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2008, 06:12:00 am »

'I am glad to see you are all here.' Orblock said. The dwarves had gathered around him, and were eagerly awaiting what he had to say. 'There is something very important I need to discuss, Arkaim.' he had said. 'Please do me a favour and tell everyone to gather at the barracks before dinner.'

'I have summoned you all today, for I must make a decision that I do not want to make alone.' Orblock paused for a moment.
'As you might have noticed, the human caravan was in such a hurry that we haven't been able to buy some needed supplies.
The good thing is, the dwarven Liaison is going to return here in Autumn. The King likes to be well informed of our endeavour. Surely he will bring us enough supplies to last the winter. Mind you. I say us.
'What do you mean?', Frodo asked.
'To be honest with you: I truly did not expect so many prisoners to arrive.'
'So?', Arkaim asked.
'I stand for a difficult decision. We do not have enough food to spill.
Even though they only eat our leftovers, we simply do not have enough to feed the prisoners and us as well.
Unless ofcourse, you could be satisfied with half rations the coming months.
Yami, startled: 'No way, sir! We need our rations. We have been working very hard, you know.'
'I know that would be especially hard on you, Yami.', Orblock joked. Yami had been eating well and was showing it. The other dwarves chuckled.
'But indeed, I would say, we need to keep well fed, for we have to be strong and watchful.'
Orblock paused again, waiting for his words to impact upon the dwarves' rumbling stomachs. He had intentionally gathered them before dinner, knowing their stomachs would speak before their minds.
'As you might understand from what I just said, we have a choice to make.
But, I would like it to be your choice as much as mine. So tell me: What should we do?'
The dwarves knew what Orblock had implied. He had played it very well. Instead of directly ordering them to execute more prisoners, it would be their choice to do so.
'Take your time to think about this, but not too long. I'll be awaiting your response.' With this, Orblock swung his pick over his shoulder and headed for the entrance to the base.

VOTING TIME: Shall I kill 10 more prisoners right now or not? (I actually do have enough food. It's just for the story's sake)
Sorry, Guards only, prisoners don't get a vote. Logically.
Voting closes in 12h. (sorry for those who miss out on this vote, I like to continue writing when I come home today). If there is no decisive vote, I will vote myself as well.

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:00 am »

"Judge Sir!"  Yami calls before he can walk away.

"I've been thinking, and I beleive I have a plan that will not only solve this problem, but will also be of great benifit for ourselves."

"As you know here is nothing better in life than relaxing with a good mug of Dwarven Beer.  But image, if you will, a pot of said beer fried to a nice consistancy, minced and baked into biscuits.  Maybe with some minced dwarven beer thrown in for good measure..."  At this the steelbender trails off, his imagination running away with him.

Breaking from his trance Yami rushes forward to chat with thier leader on the way to his office for a more private meeting.  "Just think about it.  I say we put up a kitchen lickety split and get cooking right away.  I'd rather not have more executions before the king orders it you see."

As the office door closes behind them Yami narrows his eyes at the mad Judge, his voice taking on a serious tone.  "In fact, I'd rather not see exections like that at all. It's un-dwarvenly.  Couldn't we at least unleash some goblins and undead on them?  Let them go down like dwarves, with thier hands wrapped around a throat.  Not like this, like petty kobold thieves."

Plopping down in the Judge's chair Yami pulls out a worn peice of parchment and shows him a sketch of what looks to be a suit of chainmail.  The dwwarf's eye's light up and his words changes back into the good natured banter he usually carries on with.

"Of course, should I be distracted...  Just look at this beauty."  He beams, gesturing at his 23rd sketch, "A silver chain shirt, adorned with get this... hanging rings of silver!  Of course with so little materials about, I'd be hard pressed to make anything close to what I envision.  Now, should the next caravan, or mayhaps the one after it, happen to bring some bars of silver, a few peices of galena and maybe some gems just in case...  Varisite might do, no need to get greedy you know.  Perhaps some horn or cave spider silk?"

"I don't ask for much, a funace with a few items nearby, just in case.  Do this for me and I'm sure I'll be too busy working and designing pay attention to the prisoners."  Taking up the parchment again Yami wonders, for the umpteenth time, whether he should place a mule on the shirt or not.

There would be something poetic about a chain shirt engraved with the very image of itself on it...

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: Yami ]

Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dresdor:
<STRONG>
One more thing, if there's any way to get carp, create a chamber that floods to 4/7, and trap and release carp into it.  The prisoner won't know what happens to him until the water floods in and carp are riding the waves.

</STRONG>

I've seen 13erent's thread: http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=002294

It is very awesome. Alas, no carps on this map.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »

Thanks again for your contributions to the story. I really intend this to be a multi-author story and you're doing great. I'll try to implement as much of your wishes and designs as I reasonably can.

The booze-cooking thing, however, is not my style of play.
Even if I really had a food problem, I would look for other solutions.
RP-wise I think it makes no sense to cook food out of booze for the most part.
And mathematically speaking it makes no sense to brew 1 full stack of plants into 5 full stacks of booze into 2,5 stacks of meals, wheras you would need 5 stacks of plants to make the same amount of meals directly. But enough on this, I believe there is a thread in the suggestions forum discussing this already.

Hmmm.. I believe I have some silver somewhere...

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »

I thought of a more evil way for me to die...provided there's magma.  

First, let me get to the skill level where I'm producing masterpiece statues.  Stockpile a large collection of them, and then build a platform over the magma.  Build a bridge in the middle and put me on it, blocking off either side with statues so I can't escape.  Then dump my masterpieces one at a time into the magma, or do it all at once with a collapsable floor.  I go berkesk, destroy the bridge I'm standing on, and plummet to my death.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »

No magma....
I can think of a masterpiece-destroyer without magma, though. Can you?

Nice idea.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »

I wonder if you can feed dwarf meat to dwarves...
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

Put zombies in the pit for survivors - or hold gladitorial fights zombies vs. inmates - survivors get to go on to the next round/

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

How do you destroy statues without magma?
I don't think you can feed dwarf meat to dwarves.
I second Zironics idea, of having inmates fight zombies(or other creatures for that matter).
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2008, 03:47:00 pm »

Bridge..crush..statue...
Urist McLegendarystatuecrafter has gone completely nutty!
Urist McNutty has destroyed a bridge!
Urist McNutty has died: collided with obstacle.

EDIT: it is actually still a bit more complex, since bridges cannot be built on top of statues. However...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Frodo:
<STRONG>
I second Zironics idea, of having inmates fight zombies(or other creatures for that matter).</STRONG>

An arena was already on my mind, ofcourse. What proper death row without cage fights? I sure hope there will be some more powerful undead.
Ah well. If not, goblins will do just fine. Especially goblin lashers. I SENTENCE YOU TO WHIPPING BY GOBLINS! MWOEHAHAHARHAHARHAR.... Oh. Sorry.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

Same idea, except put me over water or a large chasm.  to get statues destroyed use your bridge atom smasher, and if you can designate a dump zone under the bridge, or build a platform above the bridge and a dump zone off of it so the dumped materials land under the bridge.  Then, death by tantrum.

Keep some statues, after all, masterwork statues are valuable, even if they were made by an elf collaborater.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

Very good, Dresdor.
I was thinking of dropping the statues from above to the demolition zone when the bridge is up, unforbid them for extra style bonus and... CRUNCH. Tantrum.
I'll dig a deep pit for you to fall in. Maybe add water later, but for now (8 dwarves), that's too large a project.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

Uhmm. Did anyone happen to send me any more PrivateMessages on the vote?
I got one, and replied to it.
I didn't delete it to my knowledge, but somehow I have no PM whatsoever.

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

Oh, I know booze cooking is silly.  I mean, can you imagine how much skill one would need to properly fry a liquid into a solid state so as to be minced?

But logic and Yami aren't always going to go together.  I see this story as a tale of an honorable and moral dwarf doing his best to live a life of luxury in a twisted world.  I like me my booze, but I can only drink so much.  I just want a way to eat my favorite drink as well.

Come on, can't a dwarf dream?

(By the way, I think I've already thrown my vote out there.)

Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20