Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106394 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »

OV walks up to X-2, who had failed to notice him, and was instead admiring the Hub in all of its glory. OV taps him on the lower left leg, prompting a *ting* sound and X-2 staring down at him. OV recoiled somewhat at X-2's giant red eyes staring down at him, but only backed away a step.

"H-hey, strange pringer. W-welcome to the Hub."

"OV, is that you? It's me, pringer A. Well, now I'm X-2, but you get the point."

OV stares up at X-2, realization dawning as much as was possible on his face. He starts laughing.

"Oh. Heh. Heheh. Hehehehe. Hahahaha! Oh man, dood, it's been a while! Where'd you go? And how'd you get so big?"

"Long story... Dood. Hey, that's actually pretty cool. Dood. DoOd. DOOD. DOOD! Awesome. Anyway, I'll give ya a quick briefing on what happened..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xotes finally, after much intense sneaking action past a lethargic guard involving twigs, monkeys, and various other noodle implements, manages to find the kid. Grimacing at the empty eye, he steps foward and crouches down to be at an even level with him.

"Damn, she did a number on you, kid. To make up for it... I'll leave you this."

With that, he reaches into his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper and a pen, before writing something down on it and setting it next to him.

"Okay, now that the explanation for that's over with, here ya go."

He reaches into his gun holster, and draws out a Single Action Army, turns the safety on and sets it next to the note.

"All right, on that's an explanation on how to use that, AND how to make bullets for it. Wooden and bone ones only, though. You want to learn to make metal ones, meet with the Pringers."

With that, he snaps his fingers and disappears.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Xotes reappears at the table and takes his previous seat, before looking at Vimes.

"Well, there's my contribution to your kid. Now leave me out of it."

With that, he slumps down in his chair.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2008, 11:15:00 pm »

(I totally made it in time for tonight! YAY! )

Yankee was amazed at the progress that just a couple of months could make. Several local people had joined. Angelsheild was starting to look like a small village. Gouzzi had decided that the best place for the buildings would be on the top of the tallest hill in the area. It was fairly flat and should have enough space for about 20 houses and some related buildings. The farmers had found several spots that assorted crops flourished and some fast growing plants had already been harvested.

Yankee had made several trips to further out hills (still in the tile) to survey the territory. The river seemed nice and strong; it even had several brooks that led nearby Angelsheild. The small grove of trees that was nearby had been all chopped down. There was enough wood to make small ubove ground shelters for everyone if most of the space was underground. There were enough remainning logs to create a paliside around the settlement. A much larger forest can be seen in the distence. I think that my nation will be based in there. Also, what I origionally thought was desert seems to actually seems to be some of the largest beaches he'd ever seen. A real inland sea stretched beyond them.

Yankee realized that defense would need to be tackled. He and Felu were both fearsome swordsmen and would be enough to take on a fairly small raiding force. Gouzzi was out of his element and it bothered him. After designing the buildings and wall, he sat down to creat a suitable replacement for his precious sniper-rifle. Soon, cross-bows of varrying degrees of effectivness were laying around. If only they had more bolts than the ones that Gouzzi used for testing purposes. yankee considered envokeing the mystical defenses that protected Zefie forts, but he remembered that there had been only one true fortress in his father's country. The power must be limited. He also supposed that the castle would have to be based outt of rock.

Yankee decided that if anyone attacked with seige stuff, they would be screwed anyway. The wall provided decent protection against small charges and arrows, but Yankee worried about flame. The hills were very dry and the last thing Yankee wanted were the civillians under his care to be engulfed in an inferno. Yankee finally saw a young Zefie running about, covered with mud. Her parents chased after it. On a hunch, Yankee pulled Gouzzi away from his experiments to ask about it.

"Man Yankee, I really wish that my little cousin were here. Kouzzi would probally whip up a mounted machinebow or something. I'm not horrible with this engineering, but he was an expert inventer. Sigh. The mud around here? I know that its annoying, sometime I'll come up with running water so we can clean it up. The problem is the mud itself. The ground around here seems to be smecktite. The stuff is very liquidy when it's saturated, but when it dries its as hard as a rock. It would make a good building tool, but rain would melt it."

Yankee ordered the wooded paliside to be liberly slathered with the smecktite. "Let's see fire arrows burn through rock-mud," he mused to himself.
Yet, the real problem was Angelsheild itself. It was great for a farming village, but was not suited for anything more than a hamlet, and that was pushing it. He made a declaration to his people, "We will start gathering food. Once we have a few more people, some will move to start new settlements."

Yankee just wished that he had a map. . .

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

Strife has talked in the third person lately. Strife has typed an overly long post recently. Strife created a creative dodge for a mistake lately. Strife has nearly started a gunfight in the gods' lounge over murder lately. Strife was NOT the one to bring guns into the story lately. He has learned the difference between deserts and lakes lately. He was discovered something called a 'code box' recentally.

He enjoys Battle of Gods II and really should get back to work on his own project. . .

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2008, 06:50:00 am »

(turn hasnt changed yet? great! i was fearing that i might miss this turn since i had my electricity cut off yesterday. well, anyways...)

Ukko smiled. Watching the gameboard, he finally saw that the castle on the top of the mountainpeak was getting finished. It would be serviceable residence for him now... The temple truly was grand he mused to himself. "Weeell... as i said sometime ago, i intend to make this game more, interesting, for myself. Thus, i shall wish my material goodbyes to you here in... well... whereever we are. I shall materialize to mortal world, and stay there!" as an afterthought he said "Of course, i am not intending to venture around the world. No fun in unfair game. More like shouting around my subjects." Then, he started to collect small stormclouds above himself. "REMEMBER! I'll be in my temple there in the peak! Keep in touch!" With a flash of lightning, he was gone.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Hrafn was admiring HIS work, the castle was now in serviceable state, and he would start moving in those 33 giants that now resided here. "It is a work of art" he thought to himself "Indeed it is, but i must notify you, I, was the inspiration from where you build this!" Hrafn turned around and saw nothing this time, eventhough he knew that it was The Grand god that had spoken. Again he turned to face the castle, and now he saw the gathering stormclouds above it.
"Great..." The stormclouds suddenly started packing up, into a great circle. Suddenly it burst out and started cowering sky and mountains in thundering speed, Lightning burst out of the greatly expanding black cloud, Tornadoes started forming under it, and the wind was certainly catching up all around the castle. The thunderous rumbling of the storm filled the canyons, and then it started to rain. Rain like never before. Hrafn was already covering his head while trying to find safety from the frequent lightning and the avalanches coming from the surrounding mountains. It was certainly a storm to end all storms.

Then, suddenly, everything stopped. The storm rapidly narrowed to a cone like cloud, with the sharp end reaching the castle. Then, it was just... Sucked in.
And Hrafn knew, that he would have a very personal meeting with his god.

The oracle was horrified. He knew what the sudden storm meant, and he also knew that HE would have to reach his god. There was old stories about happenings like this, and usually, the oracles didnt survive them. The Grand god would put all the oracles in a test. This test, was a test of faith. And faith, was often very limited in those who were the voice of the god. Those who sought power by it.
He took a deep breath, and took his staff.

Ragndir looked upon the storm far away in the mountains, and hoped he was there, participating in the great feast that would surely follow such a grand show of power from their god. Insted, he was going down south, in the intend to pillage and capture some of the greatly needed slaves. The thought of battle comforted him abit, but wasnt enough to remove the gnaving feeling that told him something was wrong. He ordered a halt. "I dont like this... its been far too quiet for too long. I think someone knows, how and from where i dont know, but i think we should start moving more stealthily. We will look out for ANY movement, and, eliminate it." The other giants saluted, and readied their weapons.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~V~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├≡──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───▬──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣./.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2008, 09:36:00 am »

(( I must apologise for not changing the turn last night (although it appears that Neph was happy). I tend not to post when I'm hungover.

It never ends well.

If it's ok with you guys I'll change the turn at the usual time so we don't get thrown off.))

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2008, 09:58:00 am »

OOC: I hope I am not stepping overboard with what I am about to do.

------------------------

Kanako mindlessly watched the little pieces do their thing, playing with her trophy. Throwing it up and catching it like a ball she earned herself angry glares from Armok and Vime, but she couldn't care less. In the past few days, Madara has been bugging her again and again to protect them from the monsters of the east. One of the spies escaped their planned execution, and would surely run of and report what happened to her master. Pondering what to do, the divine eye-ball slipped her grasp, and fell towards the game board. Her eyes widening in shock, she quickly picked up the village token in which Madara resided in, but failed to catch the eye in time. With the soft sound of somethign wet hitting something hard, it fell just on the place the village was, merging with the gameboard. Hastily, Kanako tried to remove it, but to no avail, the eye was stuck.
"Well then, so be it. That should shut up Madara as well..."
Suwako transformed the flesh into stone, making the divin eye-ball a mountain, then set back the village token.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~V~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───▬──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣⌂▲▲▲⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣⌂▲≈▲⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... ...⌂¥▲▲⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈⌂⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

--------------------------

His mind full of worries, Madara let his eyes wander of the plains in front of his window. The godess was not answering his prayers anymore. In this hostile lands, his guards filed to chase down the escaped spy. Soon he would have to pay the price for that, and in this land, his chances were close to zero.
"Oh godess, why have you forsa..."

Suddenly, a frame was missing. Before his eyes, a vast mountainrange was now filling his view. In it's center, a perfectly circular lake. With a shock, Madara stumbled backwards and landed on his behind. Barely able to force out a word, he musted all his strength to form a "T..thank you..".

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

OOC: well... that was undoudabtly the most divine action in this game so far. No objections from me, except that i hope that events like these wont happen very often. That would quite much ruin the game in my opinion.

Edit: i cant wait for the part where vimes child finds his missing eye.

hmph.. for readers, look for later post to see whats this about.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Nhiphanter:
<STRONG>OOC: well... that was undoudabtly the most divine action in this game so far. No objections from me, except that i hope that events like these wont happen very often. That would quite much ruin the game in my opinion.</STRONG>

((well, actually what Vimes did will probably have more effect gameplay wise even is it doesn't show up on the map... thou he used more 'mortal' means.))
((oh wait this means I should do my turn now...))

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2008, 10:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>
((well, actually what Vimes did will probably have more effect gameplay wise even is it doesn't show up on the map... thou he used more 'mortal' means.))
((oh wait this means I should do my turn now...))
</STRONG>

Yes, but having godly altered landscape allover the place would be quite annoying.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

((unless everyone goes out and rips other gods limbs of and throws them on the board, it won't happen anytime soon. It even makes some sort of sense, in a mythlogical way. Mountains made by the body parts of gods ? Yeah, that sounds about right.
I made myself quite a few enemies when i ripped out the little boys eyes, so I think at least using the eye for SOMETHING is okay. So I was wondering wether to throw it ony the map, or to use it to make a divine magical staff for Madara. But nah, we don't need a second nearly invincible hero. Also, I think Armok's silver skin was the most divine action, not this mountain range))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2008, 10:42:00 am »

((Strife, for your purposes the map on the front page is generally accurate (It's generally the most up-to-date of them all.

The unamed Zelfie settlement is currently a Hamlet, as is Armok's !!Elf!! village.

Xotes: The Hub has reached the largest it can become without a suburbia. In order to become a City you need two adjacent Hamlets to it. In order to become a metropolis it requires three adjacent Villages. By now the pringer have denuded most of the area of usable metals at The Hub and it's surrounding areas.

Captn. Blood and Greiger havn't officially moved this turn yet either.

Greiger, it takes one turn per segment. Maintaining roads depends on the area. Akroma's road in the south between his core settlements is easy to maintain, and I'm assuming that his population can regularily go out and maintain the short road. My own population are constantly travelling between my settlements, but no people actually take up permanent residence along the road so thus I'm just using my nonmigrant symbol every few hexes to represent that. For the desert, it would be a hell of a lot tougher.

A road would need to be carefully maintained, and a tunnel would be unwise due to the nature of sand. A trading group of just dracons could get by with simple stone markers and buildings, but that would not aid other travellers in the least.

I'll leave it to you to think of a method for making a trade route there, I think.))

Raom watched the Roshani carefully, weighing the strangeness of him carefully. "Well, wood we have plenty of in the least. Copper, tin, silver... none of those we use in any great amount. The small amount we coax from the ground are incorporated into our crafts or clothes. At best, we can agree to trade some wood for gold. Go back to your people and tell them our offer, I'll send with you two vulpinans. The first will be Graed, my student, he'll be your bodyguard and our diplomat, the second will be our head lumberer Cenna. You will take with you a raft containing thirty logs to trade."

Noting the excited look on Ter's face the old ranger continued, "Cenna is to be in charge of all trades when you arrive. Understnd, the logs are not a gift to your people. We expect to get a fair deal for them."

Graed started at his mentor's statements, his eyes locking with Raom's for just a moment before saluting the old Vulpinan. His left hand raising to his heart in a brief salute before leading Ter away from the table and out of the door, "Come this way sir, Cenna lives on the northern edge of the river. I'll take you there on my own riverboat..."

Raom walked slowly over to the window, watching as the young bowman led the diplomat towards the river. If the Roshani was honest, then good times were going to be occuring very soon. If not... well... Graed can handle himself well in a scrape. He wasn't as good a shot as the old ranger yet... that would take a few years more, but he was competent and trustworthy.

The second was a rare trait amounst vulpinan's after all.
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Kara listened carefully

((OOC: I'm thinking about allowing military units like raiding parties and armies should be allowed to move faster at the expense of sleep and food. Such a forced march would allow them to move one more square than normal in a turn, but doing so for more than one turn causes members of that group to become sick, injured, and eventually die off. Obviously certain civs would be more resiliant to this effect, in particular the Tengu, Drogar, and Storm Giants (Thus they can forced march for two turns before reaching the sickened phase of a march). Captives, obviously, could also be force-marched along with an army. The captives would be forced to carry food and wounded of the controlling army and would need to die before the effects of the march would effect the controlling group.

What are your thoughts about this?

Suggested table:

code:

Turn of Forced March: Effect on Group
=========================
1st                 : No effect
2nd                 : Exhaused
3rd                 : Sick
4th                 : Injured
5th                 : 20% Death
6th                 : 50% Death
7th                 : Army collapses

Exhaused: This group fights poorly untill they end a turn in a settlement or do not move for a turn.
Sick: This group is beginning to get sick from lack of supplies. They will fight poorly untill they rest in a settlement for a turn.
Injured: Injuries are becoming common. This group will need to rest for many months untill it is battle-worthy
Death: x% of this group has dropped dead from exhaustion
Army Collapse: This group has disbanded, the few survivors no longer are willing to fight for their civ.  

))

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

((Akroma, please don't change the turn. It's really too late to do so.
Play will continue at midnight tonight as normal.

Also, that mountain range is affecting a neaby settlement. I won't object to changing the terrain slightly via divine powers, but that's just way too huge. Perhaps a 3x3 area with a single large mountain (named volcano) in the middle would be more appropriate.))

Vime shook his head at Suwako and Kanako, freezing time the game bored. "Hold on now, we can't go changing the board like that whenever we like. I'll admit my move was somewhat forthright some turns ago, but that is ... well, that's too much."

With care he touched at the board, pushing down with one hand as he continued, "You choose at the start an island that was far from others so that your civilization would be secure, even in defeat. Connecting the two now would be unfair to the Giants, who choose to be on the mainland. In the intrest of competition, the land must be reclaimed by the sea in it's own time.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

"Now, let's all take a brief break." Vime continued, winking at the twin godesses of earth and sky, "Come Kanako, Suwako, let's go to the bar. I'll buy you both a drink. Whatever you like, as long as you don't clean me out."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

((in this case I will just copy the post i made and post it tomorrow))

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2008, 11:02:00 am »

OOC: hmm... nice. My mountain castle, the first special place on the game. *bows*

edit: take note homever that it is not finished yet, it'll take some time still.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

((Jamini, you messed up again. You misplaced Sanae ships, didn't notice that the wood gathering camp has alreday moved back to Murakami))

"But only if the drinks have cherries and olvies, and not my eyes in them"

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 81