Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106393 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »

((You... You didn't... did you?))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

((yep, I totaly killed them. It was the obviosu direction the whole thing was steering to. Don't tell me you thought Madara would lighten up and throw a small party with abundant rice wine for his guests after being shocked by the enormous threat a 80+ town, and probably some other town further away, not mentioned on the map would pose if the existance of this outpost (together with the bruise on the messengers cheek) would becoem known ? Maybe, if all there is would be a little oupost about the same size of his little harbor, he might have acted differently...))

((I know the X is your heroes symbol, but this was just a piece of perchament, not the gameboard of the gods))

Edit: ((YAR first AND second bloodshed in this game go on my count if you count the eyes of the baby-god. And that from a race that isn't even particularly fond of shedding blood. YAR))

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

((Actually, I was kinda expecting something along the lines of a wild goose chase through the forest, during which I could sprinkle in a little divine intervention and spring them from captivity. Nevertheless, I LIKED her. You're gonna pay for that.))
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

((I can't imagine that the price for two little scouts would be too high for me to pay   ;) ))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

((oooh, no, you can't even begin to imagine... ;)))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

((especially as you will have to pay that price at least twice))

seeing the coyotes die Armok quickly snatched in the air above the board.
"Yes, got her!
This was a pure luck catch Imp, keep better care of your people!
And the whole reincarnation mes or whatever you want to do whit her you have to take care of yourself, here."
And Armok handed over the very disoriented soul to Imp.

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

((how about a compromise ? all I wrote was that madara heared some sounds and a cry. Lets say it was her coward companion who died, and managed to flee ?))

((edit: or you could go with Armok's idea))

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

((Hmm... okay, that sounds acceptable.

Crap, tornado sirens just went off. no more posts for me today guys.))

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

- Irumathra - 1. Day -

Aris and her attendant moved in the little town that was now ringed with a wall made from stone. An old Roshani aproached and hailed them.
"Ah friend you must be the Investigator Leam had announced in his last Letter. I am Tomin first guard of irumathra and your host as long as you and your daughter may stay here." said the old Roshani to Aris attendant.
"Unfortunately you ar..." said Aris only to be interrupted by the Tomin.
"If grown ups talking you have to remain in silence Kid."
"Well i think what the "Kid" wants to say is that you talking to the attendant of the investigator Aris."
"Then where is this Aris then?" replied the Tomin.
"Well i a..."
"Hadnt i said that you have to remain in silence? I have to say that your daughter isnt well behaved."
"Oh Aris isnt my daughter. To be direct she is the investigator our dear Lord has send you." Aris attendant said.
"You are kidding me!?"
"No hes not and now lead us to the next tavern and never interrupt me again or you become the the first janitor."

- Irumathra - 4. Day -

3 days where gone and Aris attendant was still interrogating the Roshani who had seen the explosion. She has decided that it was better that everybody believes her attendant was the real investigator Aris Leam had send to Irumathra. It was pure luck nobody has heard them that morning.

The plans of the old still were laying before her. "What a big Horseshit they have done here so inefficient no wonder that still is exploded." she thought "This was more a weapon then a Still".

- Irumathra - 5. Day - Morning -

"Tomin we want to look at the ruins of that still."
"Yes your highness is your daughter coming too?"
"Yes she is i want to show her what a constructive failure can do."
"A constructive failure? I ve constructed that still by myself. I have an much smaller model of it in my cellar and it never had shown any ..."
"Than i think you will be happy if you can give it to us as a Gift."
"But how do i ... you know my Plain ... *sigh* yes my lord i will be honnored if you take my own still as a Gift."
"Now please show us the ruins of that Still"

- Irumathra - 5. Day - Evening -

"What do you think Aris?"
"You have seen that Ruins whats your guess?"
"Well the Still was made from Pottery and Wood i think it was to much pressure for it and it exploded like the letter they had send says."
"The preasure wasnt high enought for doing this. I think the Alcohol has done the main work."
"But how?"
"Well that the question we have to answer. Did you get that ministill from Tomin?"
"Yes i have."
"Good mind if you have to pretend to be me for another month or two?"
"No your highness its quit amusing you know."
"Oh dont get drunken on that."
"Yes Aris er i mean your Highness"
"You can settle with Aris in private you are calling me that since we have arrived and no one has me ever called "your highness"."

---------------------------------------------------------
ooc:
Irumathra grows in Turn 7 to a Village for better produce of food. Next turn Karatomca becomes a Town.

code:

Karatomca                  : E side of W lake       : Roshanian : Village
   Irumathra                  : Plains. S of Karatomca : Roshanian : Village  

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2008, 05:59:00 pm »

When Silis mentioned "defense systems," Riet burst out laughing.  "What's so funny?" questioned Silis.

"I am sorry," replied Riet, "It is my fault for not teaching you this earlier.  The Ipetian were originally a nomadic race.  Only recently have we begun to live in structured settlements.  When Buigend Riet was founded, it was agreed that if, in times of danger, our people became threatened, the entire settlement would be abandoned.  The phrase that would be used in such a case is 'The wind blows, and the reed bends.'  If this order were given, all Ipetians were to make ready to move immediately"

A look of clarity appeared in the ambassador's eyes.  "Do you understand?  The Ipetians do not defend their capital; they move it.  I sent the order a while ago.  As we speak, the entire capital is being prepared for evacuation, if they have not left already.  However, we should be able to intercept them if we continue on our present course."

Riet sighed.  "I wish it didn't have to be so.  My people have grown comfortable.  They will not want to leave, even though they must.  Still, every child is prepared for this as soon as they can talk.  We will be ready to bend."

[OOC: Little does he know that Nietzsche is thwarting his plans.

On a different note, Akroma, your map is a little off.  It should be:

code:

♣♣X♣♣...♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈
..♣♣...♣♣♣..¥≈≈≈≈≈≈
............≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
.........≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  

Of course, how they would know what is that far west is beyond me; especially since they would have had contact with the Ipetians if they traveled that far.

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »

"Wow i didnt know. Well its an interesting Philosophie. What if we sneak on the Giants in the Forest with some of your people? For such huge Species a thick Forest must be a horrible Battlefield. Maybe we could build some sort of Balista which we can use against the Giants." Silis thougt some seconds over the Situation and spoke again "I hope you have some warriors it would be crazy if I and my 4 Guards here are the only Fighters in this Region."

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

Xotes hops out of the board, sporting a huge lump on top of his head. Grumbling, he hops back to the board, this time actually aiming for where the kid was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once more, Xotes hurtles to the ground, leaving behind a small crater. He gets up, dusts himself off, readjusts his goggles and pats his gun holster, before looking about for wherever the kid was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OV was taking a walk outside, surveying the general area of the town. Spotting nothing interesting, he turns to go to the Oil Hall, (Lord knows how they get the stuff) and spots X-2 stomping his way towards the place. His beak drops as much as was anatomically possible, before running over to another pringer, smacking it upside the head, and ordering it to alert the rest of the town. Said pringer saluted, and ran off, smacking any other pringers it met to relay the message.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »

"Actually," said Riet smiling, "you sort of are.  We have no standing army or warriors per se.  The main military force of my people is a group of 'officers' trained in both tactics and numerous forms of communication.  If it comes to battle, all but the smallest of children will fight.  Every Ipetian is trained in basic archery as well as use of the spear.  The 'officers' are people they know and trust, and so they obey without question.  The idea is that, if necessary, we will beat the enemy with strategy and speed, not force."

"As it stands now, however, it is unlikely to come down to a fight.  We will simply burn the fields and remove any sign that we were here.  It will look like a brush fire and an empty clearing.  The giants will come, pass by the old site, and we will be long gone.  Eventually, they will give up and go back to wherever they came from.  It may have been a while since we were last on the move, but the Ipetians can still remember how to hide their tracks."

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2008, 08:40:00 pm »

"Looks like we have to set up a Stronghold down here. This Giants will maybe decide to come back and settle here by themselves. You dont know it but the Roshani have an long history and we have learned that running away isnt every time the best way. Sometimes you have to fight for your freedom. Anyway you said you would set your fields on fire. Wouldnt your population not starve to death?"

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

"As I said, the Ipetians were originally a nomadic people.  We know how to survive on the move.  Fishing, hunting, and gathering are skills we posses, as well as farming.  In addition, I do not think of it as running away.  Instead, we are denying the enemy that which he seeks.  The enemy wants battle, longs to crush us.  We deny him that."

"Some say that using arrows is cowardly, that you should face your enemy head on.  I disagree.  The archer is merely playing to his strength, and minimizing his weakness.  When we, as you put it, 'run away,' we also play to our strength in speed, and minimize our weakness in power."

"You are quite right in saying that sometimes, you must fight and there is no other alternative.  The trick to Ipetian tactics is knowing when to strike back.  If, as you suggest, the giants attempt to build a stronghold, then we will strike at their builders and settlers, because that is when they do not want to be attacked.  However, when they send a raiding party to drive us out, we deny them battle.  That is the true goal of Ipetians in war: do what the enemy does not want you to do.  When he wants you to fight, do not.  When he wants you to look away, look closer, and when he wants you to run, fight back with all your strength."

"This raiding party wants to fight, and so we will not."

Carefully judging the ambassador's face, Riet continued.  "There is only one circumstance when we will fight the enemy no matter what: when a friend is in danger.  If even one Ipetian is in trouble, the entire people will go out after him.  That is the only time we throw caution to the winds.  Perhaps it's foolishness; why sacrifice 100 so that the one can survive?  Nevertheless, we see that one as of infinite worth, and so we do everything to save him."

"I tell you this, even though it is our greatest weakness.  I would only tell it to a friend of the Ipetian people.  As of now, you are my friend, and I would sacrifice anything to save you.  Once we reach my people, I am sure the others will feel the same way."

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 81