Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106387 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

OOC: Jamini, why do you always put my hero back on the southern island ? He is in the outpost on the coast of the main continent. Also, you misplaced both ships.

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~V~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├≡──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..R..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣≡♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣.....♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣./.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣≡.. ♣♣♣..¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

--------------------------

Lord Koga once again hiked through the mountains between mahoyiga and eientei. The population of Eientei was growing rapidly, and since he was the only son of Madara on this island, his presence in both mahoyiga and eientei was needed. Now he had two choices: Announce another leader for eientei, or build a road between the two places to speed up the travel between both. The first however, was impossible. For ages, the Tengu lived in a strict theocratic dynasty. Splitting his authority up and giving it to a commoner ? unthinkable...

--------------------------

"Lady Sanae?"

"...."

"Lady Sanae?"

"....."

"My lady ?"

"By the godess, can't you see I am trying to reach enlightenment through meditation here !"

"I am sorry, my lady, I am just here to announce that your food has been prepared."

Sanae sighed. Now that she has been disturbed, getting back to the mental dialouge with her father would take hours. With great effort she forced herself to smile upon the plate. Fish.
Again...

----------------------------

Madara sat up from a long session of meditation. He was just telling his daughter about how the main part of the settlement has been erected, only the pagoda was incomplete yet. However, the connection was lost.
Stretching his limbs, he noticed a guard has been waiting next to him.
"What is it?"

"My lord, we have spotted two small figures roaming around the outskirts of the settlement. They are not approaching us and try to stay out of sight. We assume that they are spies."

"Catch them and bring them to me. Make sure they don't escape. If they should try to flee, kill them. I will not allow spies to make our position known to possibly aggressive civilisations."

----------------------------

With the sun in their back so they wouldn't be seen, 4 armed guards came down from the sky, next to the two intruders. Before they could react, the ring tipped staffs of the guards, whichs edges were sharpened enough to easily cut flesh, were hold to their throats.

"You two are comming with us"

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

Shraal was looking at the schematics and calculations that were spread out around his office floor. These were beautifully drawn, the calculations looked accurate and fairly elegant. Certainly Helesh was a talented researcher. Somewhere in the background was a noise, well, not as much a noise as Helesh explaining the way those shadow portals worked. Shraal wasn't listening to him as he already knew that these sheets were accurate. Another memory was surfacing in his mind.

============================================================================

It was twilight in Shelesh's research tower. He and Shraal had been preparing for Shelesh's speech before the Shadow Council, a month away.

"You do know where they take their energy from."

"Of course, My Lord. I studied them long enough. They take their energy from the infinite and renewable reserves of the land itself. Maintaining them open uses almost no energy but transportation of goods and people requires an amount of energy directly proportional to the mass and mobility of--"

"Yes, yes, feel free not to recite your Portal Creation Handbook. I know you have good memory. But tell me, how does the land renew its energy reserves ?"

"Unproven theories point towards geothermal and atmospheric activity--"

"Let me rephrase that. How do YOU think the land renews its energy ?"

"I have not given it much thought especially with the sicknesses that had been plaguing the other races before they attacked us."

"Don't you think it is strange that those sicknesses should arise nearly at the same time as our use of the portals increases ?"

Shraal pondered those words for a few minutes.

"You don't mean that those portals are draining their power from the lifeforce of the land ?"

"Not only that of the land, but also of the living. We do not notice the effects ourselves since we are quite resistant to these. But the other races, they die, and they have understood the source of their suffering faster than we did. This is why it is our responsibility to help the land remake itself. Of course that will not be enough for the other races. They will always hound us for those we killed unknowingly. But we can rebuild this world and leave it forever with a large enough sacrifice."

"A large sacrifice, My Lord ?"

"The whole Thelash race should probably be enough lifeforce to stabilise the land. Of course someone will have to channel that force straight into the land. That someone will become the equivalent of a god."

=============================================================================

The background noise had ceased. Helesh was waiting for his master's appraisal of the work he had done.

"It shall not be done, Helesh. Look at these two equations. They show the dependency of the portals on the lifeforce of the land."

"They certainly do, but it is only a minimal amount. It will have no consequence in the long run."

"The more we transport and the more we will need to transport. Using that portal to transport even the smallest amount of resources will kill someone somewhere. Can you live with the gratuitouts death of other weighting on your soul ? These portals are not toys, they are weapons of war that can tear the land apart. Put these schematics somewhere safe with enough written warnings on them. This way no Thelash will ever make the mistake of using them."

"I will do so, Lord Shraal."

With that Helesh gathered his papers and left the office. Shraal went again up the circular balcony and looked at the walls under construction. They were still far from completion but could already provide sufficient protection from poorly-equipped enemies. Once finished they would be about 150 meters tall and a good 20 meters thick to resist siege fire, with arrow slits and towers here and there.

He knew Helesh would now focus on these walls, to make up for his nearly-catastrophic lack of wisdom. With him working harder, the walls would be finished within a year.

code:

Leaders status
Shraal    : Shushaw Shesh         : Administrating site
Shel      : Shushaw Heth          : Administrating site
Helesh    : Shushaw Shesh         : Building walls
Thlash    : Shushaw Shesh         : Military training/Defense research

code:

Shushaw Shesh    : NE Forest        : Thelash   : Hamlet(47)
Shushaw Hath     : N of Sh. Shesh   : Thelash   : Outpost(15)

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2008, 03:37:00 am »

OOC: Not going to post my turn yet, but i have question/suggestion.
How long will seasons last? Will they be like usual eg. lasting few months each, or will every season be even several years long, giving them more meaning and importance gamewise? Long seasons would also make the game more interesting, since food and such would become issue.

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Nhiphanter ]

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2008, 04:46:00 am »

Riet traveled straight south, in an attempt to intercept Ambassador Silis and his servants.  He was not disappointed.  After quite a while of traveling, he came upon the tracks of the group, headed, as he had instructed, to the southeast.  He caught up with them the next day.

"Hail, Silis."

"Hail, Reit," replied the Roshanian in the traditional Ipetian manner.  It was obvious he had been practicing.  "What news of that dust cloud?  We have been waiting for quite some time now."

"I'm afraid it is bad news.  There is a group of Giants, headed south.  They are outfitted in the manner of a raiding party.  I can only assume that they head for my people.  I cannot, in good conscience, ask you to put yourself at risk with me.  You would probably be safer if you returned home.  What do you think?"

((Your cue, Heph.  Do you want the ambassador to stay with Riet, or return home to safety?))

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Nietzsche was greatly troubled.  In his hand he held a message from Riet.  This one seemed as mad as the first, only far more troubling.  The message was a simple seven words: The wind blows, and the reed bends.  Nietzsche knew what it meant.  Every Ipetian child knew what it meant.  But, it was pure madness.  Why would Riet do such a thing?  He must be completely insane.  Still, that he should write this message...

Nietzsche knew he could not dismiss this message and do nothing.  However, he also realized that the moment everyone learned that Riet was alive, he would be powerless again.  He came up with a compromise.  He would send out advance patrols, all around the Ipetian land.  If they saw anything, they would report back immediately.  Also, he would keep the population ready, just in case.

code:

..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣./.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

[OOC:The patrols, are, of course, somewhat abstract.  They move one tile out from the village and outposts, and then back in every turn.  However, since they move a whole tile, the can effectively see anything up to two tiles away from the city.  Anything big, that is; individuals can slip by easily, but groups cannot.  It is worth noting that there are no patrols south, southwest, or southeast of Southfield, and none southwest of Westfield, since those tiles are not preferred terrain for Ipetians.]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:00 am »

((I realized that because if being based on DF elves they are all imortal, is that really ok?
Also, may I point out the irony of the settlement symbol being a cage...
Ok, for my first real turn then...))

((from the language_elf.txt:[T_WORD:FLAME:acathi][T_WORD:FLOWER:ima], My heroes name is Acathiima, Fireflower.
And all the conversations I have are naturally in elven, that hardly needs saying.))

Acathiima sat at the edge were the bare mountain met the forest, a sad expression of longing in her eyes, the hair of flames dancing slowly in the wind.
And out from the forest walked a demonic kobold, fur blacker than the night, claws and teeth of steel.
"Who are you, kobold" the !!elf!! asked.
"I am Armok."
"What have you done to us"
"you are my pawns in this game"
The elf tried to grab a nearby dandelion, but it burst into flames at her touch, her hand only grasping a pillar of ash.
"Your crimes are unforgivable Armok, the one thing we love we can not touch without destroying it, and for that we ourselves are destroyed."
"You are my slaves, you have no choice but to obey me."
"If we don't?"
"Do you remember those eternities of suffering, for no reason at all? You should remember at least the last aeons or so... you don't want that again"
The elves eyes widened, and she began to glow in white as the rock beneath her cracked from her heat.
"I thought you did" Armok said whit a faint smile "I will be back. Until then, learn and grow, I put you in charge of Efil-inira."
"We are a democracy!"
"I care nothing for your demo-crazy."
And whit that Armok disappeared in a flash before the elf, who sat down again, and cried soft tears over her cruel fate.

///////////////////////////////////

"Ok, now that's fixed" Amok said reappearing at the table. "Poor things but it is necessary."

///////////////////////////////////

It had been three months since the meting, three months since she told her story, three months since they began their work whit building lives were none ought to be...
There were thirteen elves all in all, and from some point of view she supposed they did rather well considering the situation.
They had discovered that heat can be used for many things, maybe the most important yet being that heated to about 1000C the local rock was in a platic clay-like state that could be easel shaped by hand.
And so they dug their homes in the bare rick whit their bare hands, like dwarves she thought. Stinky filthy dwarves.
and the same method they used to shape the rock into whatever tools they needed, and also some rocks they found could bend quite a bit without breaking at normal body temperature, so they made sheets of it and from those sheets clothing. (Other races call that bendable rock "iron", and it can be bent well at the normal body temperature of 600C    :p)
They had so far near-surface housing for all thirteen, whit big windows to let the sun and air in, they may live underground like dwarves but would at least not do it any more than necessary, and they also had a hall and corridors beneath the housings and some exploratory tunnels going deeper. One needed one to heat ones hand until it shone to be able to see in those dark tunnels.
All of this was of coarse quite small, nothing like the works of dwarves or men.

There was one who didn't work on the digging or exploration, Eroale (peace-leaf) only say by a sandpit he found, day and night repeating the same short routine oblivious to the outside world; taking a handful of sand, melting it into a green truculent mass, shaping it into a leaf, and putting it it carefully in a pile behind him.
He was actually getting rather good at it, every piece was unique and except for the transparency they looked rather than real ones.
What a waste of time, only an insult to the beauty of the real thing trying to mimic it in dead rock.

(Edit: after consideration changed weeks to months to make it less overpowered)
((Oh, and even if the clothes are iron they still doesn't offer much protection because they are heated until the point of becoming kinda soft))

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:00 am »

Jamini, I recommend saving this tread everyday, because soon this place is gonna get swiped. Would be a pain to start all over again
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:00 am »

At the sight of the four large creatures approaching them, Markus had had it, and he passed out on the ground. Larika stood her ground, looking into the eyes of the nearest one, the one whose weapon was held at her throat.

"Oh, are we now? and might I ask, just who th' 'ell are you?

((Yup, there he goes. Poor Markus.))
((EDIT: Hold on a sec, where did that random tile of dry land to the south of them come from? It was sea yesterday...))

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

((oh, I just noticed it. Must have been a msitake while i edited the map. I will fix the mistake now))

The guards didn't really know what to think of the small, furry creatures before them. On of them seemingly lost not only consciousness, but as a wet spot on it's pants indicated, also the controle over other body functions as well. But just what the first one lacked in courage was present in the second one. So courageous, it was imputent.
One of the guards who was previously threatening the coward pulled out some rope and started tying it's hands.

With a ugly sound, the leader of the guards hit the monsters cheek with the flat site of it's staff.

"Your questions will or will not be answered later. The divine lord, voice of the twin godess of sky and earth has asked for your presence. You will be interogated and judged upon. I must ask you not to resist, as it would be unfortunate if instead of the promised two spies, I just deliver one of them and a corpse. Now put your hands behind your back, so that we can tie them."

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

code:

..≈≈δ───ç──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣./.$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~

Larika raised a hand to feel the blood trickling down her cheek. Seeing no other viable option, she reluctantly complied.

((Not much elss happening on my end. Although I believe Zurinth should increase a size this turn, shouldn't it?))

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »

The two captives were brought to the gate of the half-finished pagoda. Their weapons were taken from them, and the unconcsious one was woken by a splash of cold water on his face.
Knowing that the captives would soon arrive, Madara had prepared himself and was now sitting on a large cushion in the central chamber of the pagoda, in full ritual garb. He was wearing a very baggy orange kimono, which made him look much bigger than he really was, and above it, a red west decoared with white cotton balls. Around his waist, a thick rope of almost a a foot in diamater was tied in a large knot behind his back. It was tied in a way that it formed a big ring around his upper body, which lined him in a similar way as a halo would on the religious pictures of the human civilisations on a far away continent, only much bigger. Tied into the know were 4 silver pipes, spreading away from him, symbolizing the rays of the sun.
To his feet laid his ceremonial staff, a version of the same type of staff used in the military, but made of massive gold.
His white, feathery mane was laying his back like the fur of a polar bear.
All in all, an amazingly imposing figure, truely worth of a divine lord.

After the capives were led in, they were thrown violently unto the ground, the guard shouting:" On your knees! And avert your eyes, you might be blinded by his glory!"

"Explain yourself", adressed the Lord the two shakals. "Who send you, and what is your purpose. Speak quick, or I might lose my interest."

That was a total lie. Curiosity was burning in him with passion. He wanted to know as much as possible about his visitors. But he had to keep up the intimidation act.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »

Larika cut off any answer from Markus with a glare, then quickly assembled a convincing story:

"We came from the west, to the coast, a little more than a week or so ago. We were to scout out a location for a new harbor. This seemed like a good enough place, 'till we found out you lot had moved in"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »

Lord Madara throws the captives a map and a brush, dipped in some back ink.

"Guard, free their hands. Show me where the settlements of your civilization are, and how many of them life in each"

code:
♣♣♣♣♣...♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈
...♣♣..♣♣♣..¥.≈≈≈≈≈
............≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
.........≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈  

((an X will mark the settlements. Below the map, also write down which settlement has how many people living in them))

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

code:

♣♣X♣♣...♣♣♣♣....≈≈≈
...♣♣..♣♣♣..¥.≈≈≈≈≈
............≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
.........≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Population: 80+

Larika picks up the brush, and places a mark near the western end of the map, assigning a value to it.

"The city is built entirely underground. The entrance is blocked by a door hewn from... blood-red stone. the sentries have orders to leave therm sealed until we return."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »

Lord Madara carefully eyed the map, pondering about his next step. It was impossible to let the two spies go. They would return with an army, and the Tengu were not ready yet...

"Very well then. This is a very important piece of information. Guards, bind their hands again and lead them outside. You know what to do with them."

Silently, with a faces unmoved like masks, the two guards bound the captives hands one more time, and lead them outside. Madara was sipping from his cup of rice wine, and just started to fill a small wooden pipe with tabac, as a slashing sound was heart outside, followed by a cry of pain and the splattering of blood dripping on stone.
In this open plain, with the sea at their back, the Tengu were totaly defenceless. It was time to prepare a festival for the godess...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

- Liliaceleba -

"Well, Roam the Roshani are great Inventors but for many inventions and especially for theyr house rafts they need Wood. Cooper, tin and silver would be great and knowledge of Nature and Technologie would be one of the things they would die for. The benefits for you would be Gold and many things made of Glass also the Roshani would fight for theyr friends and would share theyr wisdom and inventions with you. The Roshani have also contact with another race called the "Ipetians" so a good relationship with the Roshani means that they could arrange a meeting between them and you."

---------------------------------------------------------
- In the Plains south east of Karatomca -

"Riet, our Hometowns are very good defended and i think you need every Crossbow and Spear you can find.We are Friends now and if a friend needs Help the Roshani would help him in every needed way. Now lets talk about the defense systems of your settlements maybe we can improve them a little bit."

---------------------------------------------------------
ooc: X is my Herosymbol.

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[ May 21, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81