Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106397 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

((I have already began writing my turn today, and I think there is nothing wrong whit a little divine intervention in one-time cases like that eye, so I really agrees whit Akromas original action.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

OOC)Sorry bout that, I spent another day kinda distracted and wasn't really up to a big long post.  Not to mention that I didn't know what to write.  Erois and the merchant summoner are willing to travel with your hero, and the bird would be ready by yesterday. It's like a big horse with wings but it's covered with feathers and looks alot like a four legged hawk.  The bird will take them wherever they want to go, but it will vanish at their destination.

-_-_-_-_

Log of Silvak Bluesabers

I am tired of doing nothing but bookeeping and administrative things inside the capital and am preparing for an expedition to the northern mountains.  These small hills are unlikely to hold much more ore within range of the city and I don't want us to run out.

I have left orders for a road to be constructed between the capital and the site of the future Vulpinian outpost.  We will use the method that the great intercontinental road back home used for the leg over the red sands, a stone road slightly elevated with low walls to try to minimise the impact of the sands and monsters.  We will also build shelters every half day or so travel time for protection from the elements.  It will be a large project, and tie up a large number of both civilian and military workers when complete, but it should work.

(the rest of the log is supply lists for the expedition. Ranging from hunting gear to prospecting equipment.  It also has personality profiles and lists of notable skills of seven companions that are coming along to set up an outpost at  any good sites.)

[Military ID seal]

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂D↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~÷~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├≡──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣÷⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

OOC)I'm unsure of the ship locations myself so I just carried it over from Nhiphanter's last post with a map.  Sorry if it's off.

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

"Continue today record the log of Efil—inira, Coldfire, for this moment." Acathiima spoke in the in a high formal dialect of elven. And the script wrote, using a piece of heatproof rock to write whit on half molten tablet.
"Status report: Today it is half a year since we arrived, and we have grown faster than I had ever been able to imagine, I swear those gods must have something to do whit it, we now twice our original number and that should be impossible as it has actually not passed the required 9 months for ANY children, yet we are invaded by them, and nor are all children! I just have no idea what all the peaple comes from, but I guess we should be happy whit it, the only thing that trubles me is that they are in my records despite me having no memory of writing them in.
In any case, whit this new workforce we have began to start a few new prodjects.
We have began the construction of a rock tree that will tower onto the sky and from which one will see far away, it is assessable only from the inner tunnels and has a stairway. when finished we will have an !!elf!! there at all times who will look for anything visible during the days and glow bright at night so that peaple can easily find their way home.
A crazy fellow named Ilecaaye has also gained support for exploring rocks, and have begun both digging a tunnel deep into the mountain and convinced people to do all sorts of strange things, now we have a room here filled whit all kinds of strange stones and rocks, and they allays run around whit the strange tools  of cloth-metal that they use to "prevent the rocks from being destroyed by the heat" as they say.
I have also been convinced to allow a decoration project for the settlement, I supose it helps the moral and it keeps the children busy shaping images on the walls so they wont be in the way as much all the time. And some of the things they make I must admit is rather pretty, especially since they began mixing different molten rocks and use them for colouration.
No outside signs of of anything happening yet, it's quiet, but I doubt Armok would send us like this to an empty world."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acathiima was working according to routine when Ilecaaye came running up his tunnel eyes gleaming.
"What is it now, have you found MORE Microcline?" she asked him annoyed.
"You must come and look!"
"I have no time for this nonsense."
"I have found food"
"Food? Inside a mountain? I thought we didn't need to eat in this form!"
"So thought I, now come"
And Acathiima followed him.

They went thought the tunnels for about an hour, and as they rounded the last corner a strange invisible radiance struck them, it was warming like the rays of the sun and it felt like the sent of food in the nose of the starving, her instincts took over and she hurled herself at the faintly glowing rock at the end of the tunnel.
It was the most gorgeously delicious thing she had ever tasted. She hadn't realised she was starving until now.
after eating about two kilograms she was finished, an she threw herself and hugged Ilecaaye. "I will never call you crazy again!" she whispered "you have saved us all!"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Well" Armok said "I am doing my turn now in any case."

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂⌂♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ═‼e....│..⌂⌂~V~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲Ç▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌───X Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
..≈≈δ───▬──┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣..c≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑K⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣⌂▲▲▲⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣⌂▲≈▲⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... ...⌂¥▲▲⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈⌂⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

Settlement(s):
Efil—inira - Coldfire

((the settlement grew to a hamlet. they dug a bit of a tunnel and found an uranium deposit to eat from. they bagan building a small watchtower/inland lighthouse thing that will be finished in yet another turn (two days from now? this is confusing).))
((really I don't know how to go whit all this turn truble, but I lean towards that if you cant post te entire thread shuldnt stay, and so Akroma did the right thing. maybe, kinda.
And I certainly think that she should be able to do the mountain eye as she originally intended, it was rationalized whit the eye after all.
Well, I dunno.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2008, 11:56:00 am »

((if I can make an eye with my divine power, Vime can make it smaller with his. Why should I be the only one who changes the landscape ?. Also he is right, it would not only completely negate the reason why my people are on an island, it would also be unfair for the Valtan. Moving my troups from my capital northwards and raiding everything around em would only take very few turns. I have no opposition towards my mountainrange beinf altered by Jamini, as long as he STOPS MESSING WITH THE PLACEMENT OF SANAES SHIP))

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

((Ok, then I suppose you are right.
I still want that turn I did to count so I don't want to wait another day.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »

((Personally, either way would be fine to me, although I'm leaning a bit more towards Vime's version. However, I'm going to wait to update until we've settled on how the 'Saviour's Eye Mountains' will be set up.))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

((Well, as long as I don't have to wait two days between turns I'm happy))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

((well, Vime changed it through divine interaction, while Armok, instead of making it big again, simply ignore vimes version. The choice here is obvious. Armok simply used a flawed mao in this turn))

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>((well, Vime changed it through divine interaction, while Armok, instead of making it big again, simply ignore vimes version. The choice here is obvious. Armok simply used a flawed mao in this turn))
</STRONG>

((Mao was inherently flawed. TUM-DEE-DAH-DAH............. Sorry ))

CaptainBlood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

(My net went down, but it looks like I'm lucky that the turn didn't change then. Only change is Kira moves Northwest and Loka increases a rank.

quote:

Xotes:
Spotting nothing interesting, he turns to go to the Oil Hall, (Lord knows how they get the stuff)

Thats why I made the trade request between the Koneko and Priners metal armor for animal fat/tallow (for greese and lubrication, etc.))

(Also, for some reason the computer I'm on keeps screwing up the code, so I only put in the section where the Hanabira champ moved.)

code:

≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
»≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~

And

code:

Kinsebs£r - Oakvale        : E Mountain-valley      : Koneko    :Village
Loka                       : NW of Oakvale          : Koneko    :Hamlet **
Tamuro                     : W of Loka              : Koneko    :Outpost

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: CaptainBlood ]

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈÷↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈

((That's what I currently have, with Akroma's next turn on it. If something is inaccurate about it post a fix so I can get everything straight. I havn't counted the !!Elf!! turn yet the since the eighth turn hasn't started yet.

The boat on the western continent is now on dry land, that would make it a special place since it's a major shipwreak.

Please let's not make any moves yet. Yes I know I missed a day, but if we just start updating randomly things can turn out very ugly. At the very least I need to know what the map was according to Akroma's move before we can continue so we all have a totally up-to-date map. It appears I wasn't the only one who wasn't online at all yesterday so it makes sense that we extend turn seven a bit regardless.))

"Cherries and Olives? Certainly I can manage that, I am a god of prosperity after all. "

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

((aw...  :( well after the next turn I will re-post and maybe edit this old post))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »

Vime stopped at the door and glanced at the brooding blood god, "C'mon armok. The board will be there when we get back. I have some burning vodka distilled from the viens of a sentient plant race that is long extinct in my stocks that I think you'd like a lot. It's got just a hint of soul and a lot of anguish and pain from the death of their species, it's a masterpiece. As well as a one-of-a-kind vintage."

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

"Meh, I en't that fond o' booze. Ya got anythin' non-alcoholic?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

Armok looks at the board, and then to Vime. "Aw, I want to play... Sentient plants you say?"
He then jumps down from his chair after a last longing look at the board and follows the other gods.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81