Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 106398 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

"Did you guys see that ? We are having a booze party in the best bar from here to the end of the universe, and he refuses to drink !"

Suwako snaps her fingers and a bottle of wine appears infront of Imp's lips. No matter in which direction he turns his head, it keeps following him.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »

Youh sighs and takes a sip of his Dr. Pepper, actually looking serious for once. "You folks and your needless torture of the souls of the dead. They're supposed to move on or reincarnate or what have you. Not be handed out as snacks.  I didn't mind the elves because they cheat with their immortality, but what did the plants do to you?"

After a second he snaps out of it. "Durnit... don't mind me, that was just my death domain talking.  I wouldn't have one of the rooms with free cable if I didn't have at least two major domain powers.  My landlord, Ryuujin is strict about that kinda stuff."

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

"You kinda have a point there Youh, maybe we shuldn't... but dammit I need to taste that booze now!"

((Ok, as long as we keep up all this intresting RP MAYBE I can forgive skiping that actual turn of play))

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

"It's not like I was the one who did it. The alcohol just came into my possesstion as part of a trade. Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it however, I don't particularly enjoy the taste of souls in any form myself. It's should suit Armok's though, from what I've heard about him." The fox god said, pulling out the cork of the bottle as he produced half a dozen goblets.

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

Drinks whit visible pleasure.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

"Damnit ... " shouts Issha as he falls over a small building. On the Ground he picks up one of the !!elfes!! he had ordered to clean the Gods room "Didnt i prohibit to build a city up here?"
"Excuse my Lord thats not a city!"
"What is it then?"
"Well its an Irish Pub."
"Er ... what?"
"An Irish Pub, its a place where you can drink, play darts, place bets on your actions and listen to good Music"
"I know what a Pub is but what means that "Irish"?"
"oh erm thats the greatest Mystery all over the Gods Playroom. Some say an irish is an Hallucination caused by Dr. Pepper, some other say its an creature of pure Dust with the power to pollute the entire Room, and at the and some say its a fried chicken that has decided to cross the Road."
"A fried chicken?"
"Yeah i and most of us believe that Armok had not only created us !!elves!!. There must be more !!Creatures!! some where."
"Ahmmm ... Ok but there are no roads up here! That speaks clearly against your "cross the road theory"."
"Well God damnit your are right that means we have to change our entire believe system! We ... we have to build a road for the !!Chicken!!." The elves jumps from the Hand of the God and runs into the pub.
"Hey guys guess what? Issha says we have to build a Road for the !!Chicken!! !"

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

"Emm, I didn't create you, I just erased your memories through uncountable aeons of unimaginable physical and emotional pain in order to serve as a snack."
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »

"Realy? So anyway we have to build a road. Mind if you take a step to the left?" replied the !!elv!!.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »

"And I must have erased their sanity as well..." Armok mutters.
"Hmm, this is vodka, so what were those plant creatures? Potato people?" Armok Says and sip the vodka.

((Hmm "from a fermented substance such as potatoes, grain or sugar beet molasses"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodka), well not only potatoes it seems like, but the line was still funny))

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »

((I miss for one day and four pages are added! Also... there was a problem when turn 7 began. My moves were not updated on to the map. I will now rectify this.))
code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├≡──≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──── Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

((why don't you make a move then?  :)
Or maybe you are writing oneas I write this...))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

Xotes blearily lifts his head, before looking at the board with some minor disappointment.

"Bah, it's still not time?"

With that, he hops up and moves to follow Vimes, staggering from the previous booze he had drunk.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

((And yes, for the one disgaeanite here besides me, Xotes looks like a scout.))

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

((damnit, don't say my bedtime is like 1 hour before the turn updates.
When is that really, but you know my turn and I don't think there is anything that have happened so I'd need to change it. It's basicaly just the growing anyways.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

Fenneth woke up from his slumber.  "Eh, what did I miss?"  Looking at the board, he said, "Well that's odd; no new turn and... what's up with that mountain over here.  I could have sworn that wasn't there before."  He looked up.  "A party! Without me!?"  A flask of wine appeared in his hands.  "How dare you start a party without the god of Revelry!  Oh well, bottoms up."

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2008, 01:40:00 am »

Turn 8

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣♣.⌂. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~⌂~~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣♣♣ ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲♣♣♣...≈≈....♣♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂⌂~~~⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣z≈≈└──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲⌂⌂♣♣.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲⌂E♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲‼⌂....│..⌂⌂~~~. ..........♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~~↑↑ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└─┐..⌂~≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å▲▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.⌂...├──Θ≈≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣§
♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣ ♣♣v♣♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
♣.⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å...♣♣♣ ╔╝≈♣╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
♣♣≈≈≈⌂⌂....┌──X─ Θ≈≈≈v─v═Θ♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...K~~~~
..≈≈δ──────┘...♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈☻≈≈≈≈≈..↑↑⌂⌂.~~~
..♣♣δ..♣ç.♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.c≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≡↑↑↑£▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣..♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈≈≈ »≈≈≈ΩΩ⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
.♣♣♣...R.♣♣♣♣♣.. .♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂$≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑↑⌂▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
.♣....♣...ΦΦ♣..≡ ♣♣♣..¥^⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
...........Φ.... .....♥⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
.....≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈»≈≈⌂▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.»≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲↑↑~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲▲⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~  

The door to the game room slammed open, the drunken calls of many beings reverberating across the room.

"Indeeshed, a goosh party!" Vime called out as he staggered in, looking at the board with blery eyes. "Itsh the next turn now iss'in it?"

=Turn 8=

The sun shone high in the sky, causing ripples to eminate from the stone of Mutheithru as it's rays flashed over Kara and her child. Over the last few months she had spent waiting she had learned much about the Dracons. Their past, the fierce battles that had been fought between them and the servents of Gregnar ages ago.

Indeed, she had learned much from the Dracons and had been very convincing. Convincing enough that the Dolak, a civilian summoner she had been led to had been more than willing to accompany them in order to set up both a summoning circle and operate it untill a vulpinan was trained to the task. She hadn't mentioned the exact details to Silvak of the agreement that she had struck with Dolak, but Kara was certain that if Silvak knew of the civilian's previous crimes he would likley be dead, rather than voulentarily exiled. Of course, his mate... or wife rather... had insisted on travelling with them. Regardless of his morality, he was competent. In the few months he had even spent a little time with Kara, explaining the basics of summoning so that she might be able to help him find suitable candidates for apprenticeship.

Nearing the circle, Kara slowed her pace so that she could check on little Iten as he slept in the harness. He was a quiet child, unusually quiet. The loss of his eye never seemed to bother him, indeed it was as if he had never had it in the first place. Whenever Kara nursed him or played with him he would follow her with his good eye, the iris rimmed in silver. Only occationally would the eye stray towards the pouch where she kept the mysterious gifts from... well, kara refused to think about where they came from. Whoever sent them gave the gifts in good faith, and that was all that mattered.

Finally the Vulpinan arrived at the summoning circle, approaching behind Yaris quietly as the summoner meditated in the sand. Not wanting to disturb the ritual. Kara had learned that this excercise was a basic focusing excersise, based on gathering the energy used to fuel a summon. After a moment of watching Kara turned inwards slightly, opening herself to the world around her and attempting to feel the impact that the high summoner was having on the world around him.

The pull was titanic, while Yaris himself was no more imposing than any Dracon. Less so in fact, due to his age, however when Kara opened herself to the energies around her she felt as if she was awash in a current, her untrained spirit swimming inexpertly as his behemoth pulled her in. The air around her seemed to rush slightly, becoming halfway physical as strands of magic poured in a torrent towards the high summoner. Of all Dracons, Yaris was indeed one of the greatest. There was no doubt in Kara's mind he could decimate half of an army without assistance if he had the mind too. Not that he would. Even from here the pull was less forceful than it was coaxing, the magic wanted to go with him, to gather in his body and excert his will. It was not unlike a deal or pact, the magic would do his will in exchange for a brief moment spent inside a mortal, fleshy body.

Abrubtly the pull ceased and Kara nearly fell onto her face. At her back Iten had let loose a cry, distubing the silence with a soft wail for his distracted mother. Shamefully Kara realized she had been standing there for more than an hour, her dabbling in the excersices that Dolak had shown her taking her far from the solid reality. With haste she lifted Iten and cradled him to her chest, talking softly to him as his fussing slowly diminished. A moment later she looked up to see Yaris watching her with a curious look on his face.

Kara looked down shamefaced, her tail slinking between her legs, sheepishly she stammered, "I am s..sorry Yaris. I was curious about when we would be ready to depart. Everything is ready, including the civilian summoner and the finished trade deal. All we are waiting for is you now, I was wondering how things were coming."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Graed wasn't happy, and he didn't know why.

Certainly, he liked the fact that Raom trusted him with this important mission. Being a diplomat to a totally foreign race was a great honer after all. And Ter, the Roshiran, was amiable enough if bizzare. Even the lumberer and trader Cenna was pleasent enough to talk too.

Perhaps it was the boat. Unlike many of his people Graed never really felt comfortable on a flatboat. His own family had lived in a coastal village before taking up on the offer made by the god of trade. The boats they used were deeper and sturdier, able to handle the ocean waves and the occationally sea-storm. Not lke these filmsy constructions that would capsize with even the faintest ripple. They were hardly more than wooden saucers.

Perhaps it was the surroundings. The forest had been rapidly falling away over the last few days, the familier woods opening up and becoming a vast plain that streached far to the west and south. An environment that was alien to any vulpinan, although many of them would gladly travel to such places as long as a river was nearby.

Perhaps it was simply the fact that his girlfriend hadn't wanted him to go. Regardless of his duty as a member of the guard, and the money that would come with his new position if he was sucessful. She hated the idea of not seeing him for many months. The last fight before he had left had been particularily bad, resulting in a row that half of the village had heard as she ran to leave his small apartment.

No, it was something else. Something was wrong, somewhere. Graed didn't know where, or how, but something bad was happening, or was going to happen, and he was terrified of it.

Finally, after hours of mulling this revelation to himself, the bowman addressed ter, "So, Roshiran. Tell me about your home. I'm curious how you people live on the lake as you claim."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

Five Vulpinan's gaped as a spray of ocean water rose to meet their faces. The ocean, so close and free, with a small mountain directly to the north with the metals that the elders back at Aveceleba had wanted.

With a trumphant shout the settlers called out to the heavens as the first of their spades struck the ground, opening this virgin land to the vulpinan people.

Their shout was known Romilath, Oceantrades.

((Heph, I moved your hero since he is supposed to be travelling with Graed and Cenna back to Karatomca to seal a trade agreement with the Roshirans and trade the wood supply they have with them for goods from your people. Graed will very likely need the hero as a guide. If you want to move elsewhere just let me know and update the map accordingly. ))

[ May 23, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81